Wheelchair-friendly spot to watch MK fireworks at Polynesian?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I'm helping a friend plan their first trip to Disney in October. Her 7-year-old is in a wheelchair. I was going to suggest that they watch the MK Hallowishes fireworks from Polynesian one night (after dinner there - likely at Kona). Then it occurred to me that, when we've watched fireworks from Poly, we sat on the beach and watched them - I'm not sure how wheelchair-accessible that would be. Is there a wheelchair-friendly place to watch MK fireworks from the Polynesian? I don't think they'll like O'Hana (even if we could snag an ADR there for them), so that's not an option. Thanks!!

There is a paved path that travels along the beach area. I park on that and watch from there. It's been years since I've done it and there used to be a peninsula that stretched out into the lake. It was/is the best view but I think I remember that it had something that said it was only for resort guests. But it's been years.

E.T.A. It looks like things have changed with the addition of the bungalows. The spot I'm talking about is Sunset Point and you can see there is a path that goes to the middle of it.

Polynesian-Village-Resort-Map.jpg

Last edited:
There is a paved path that travels along the beach area. I park on that and watch from there. It's been years since I've done it and there used to be a peninsula that stretched out into the lake. It was/is the best view but I think I remember that it had something that said it was only for resort guests. But it's been years.

E.T.A. It looks like things have changed with the addition of the bungalows. The spot I'm talking about is Sunset Point and you can see there is a path that goes to the middle of it.

Polynesian-Village-Resort-Map.jpg

I have had the same experience as Bill Sears. I used to just find a spot along the sidewalk next to the sandy beach before the Boro Boro Bungalows were built. But I still think this area would be a good view since you would be looking up in the air.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

Robo's map shows where I wanted to try going out on the end of the Polynesian Resort pier located on the left side of Bill Sear's map above.

Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

Robo's map.

Last edited:
I agree with BillSears...I think Sunset Point would be a good option. If I’m thinking of the correct spot, it’s usually pretty quiet there, there are a couple of benches and there’s a speaker right there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts