Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

Hi All,

Have booked a 2 bedroom savannah view accessible villa. For my 85 year old dad and 80 year old mom they need a low bed, as beds can be quite high, a roll in shower with seat, accessbile toilet that we can access via wheelchair.

Looking for information about where the accessible rooms are located around the savannah and I'd like to show my Dad some pictures of the villa as he is nervous about being away from his own accessible bathroom & bedroom.

I've also rented a lift recliner from a disney recommended vendor to be delivered to the resort from Care Medical Equipment...has anyone rented medical equipment from Care ?

Not sure when you are travelling but I will be staying in a 2 Bdrm with a Roll-in shower Kidani the First week in November, so if you are travelling after that I will pictures of the room up shortly after that.

Hello, can someone tell me if I'm correct when I say the Disney's All Star Music resort has HA suites, but does not have a roll in shower?

Hello, can someone tell me if I'm correct when I say the Disney's All Star Music resort has HA suites, but does not have a roll in shower?

You are incorrect. All Star Resorts have roll in shower rooms and other HA rooms. The roll in shower rooms all have one king size bed.....

Stayed many times in Roll in Shower rolls at Values and moderates ...

Feel free to ask anymore....

Oops I misread your question. The Music does not have roll in shower suites
Charleyann:santa:

I was just looking for this information. We stayed at POP back in 2005 and I had requested the roll in show accessible room for our stay and had 4 people in the room. For that stay, we were given a king room that was accessible and were comped at second connecting room with 2 double beds. Worked out very well. I believe I was told at some point during that process of making the reservations that ALL roll in accessible rooms at POP were king due to the larger bathroom size.
I am now verifying our details for our trip next month with the same four people at POP and can't quite seem to find out if that is the case still. I am needing to know so I know if I need to bring additional bedding along for my son. If it is a roll in room with 2 double beds, he will need bedding for the floor (14 yr. old daughter is the one in a wheelchair and does not 'share' her bed well). If it is the same set up as our last trip, we will be fine and he will have a bed. I spoke with someone at the main number the other day and all she could tell me is it could be either way. Is POP the only one that is set standard with the King bed and she was misunderstood? I really felt rushed talking to her. Not nearly as helpful as most CM I have dealt with. Does anyone know how I can find out this information?
THANK SO MUCH IN ADVANCE IF YOU KNOW.

Alright so I'm a little confused and I hope you can help me clear it up:yay: My dad is a paraplegic and needs lots of help in the morning. We are looking for a suite type of room. A room for my dad and step mom to have their privacy to get him ready in the morning, and then a living room with a pull out couch or something for the other kids stay in. It sounds like this would be a perfect situation for us. My dad and step mom could stay in one of the rooms and the others could stay in the joining room. I just don't understand what it takes to have the room covered by Disney?

Alright so I'm a little confused and I hope you can help me clear it up:yay: My dad is a paraplegic and needs lots of help in the morning. We are looking for a suite type of room. A room for my dad and step mom to have their privacy to get him ready in the morning, and then a living room with a pull out couch or something for the other kids stay in. It sounds like this would be a perfect situation for us. My dad and step mom could stay in one of the rooms and the others could stay in the joining room. I just don't understand what it takes to have the room covered by Disney?

A suite holds 6 people so you would not need an ajoining room. A standard room holds 4 people, so you would need to pay for a second room.

If there are four of you, then you will need a second room if the room has a king. They are usually adjoining so they could have their privacy when needed .....Similiar to your needs ? If not, then maybe try the deluxe.....

You just call Disney and let them know you need a roll in shower room for four people. They have to book through special services and will put you on hold to do so and let you know availability....

Be sure to stress ROLL IN Shower . Disney will nto tell you until you arrive how they will handle it exactly. They do have different ways of dealing with it.

I searched as many places and ways as I can think of and have not been able to find any pictures of a roll in shower bathroom at Kidani.

This is the roll-in shower in our 2 bed (dedicated) standard view villa at Kidani room number 7819 on 4th floor.
Florida_June_2011_056.jpg

The roll-in shower is in the bathroom off the 2nd bedroom. This bedroom has 2 double beds. The master suite had a standard master bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower enclosure and the 3rd bathroom had a regular tub with shower over.
This is the vanity unit in the 2nd bathroom which was alongside the roll-in shower.
Florida_June_2011_057.jpg

Just to answer the earlier question about beds - the beds in the 2nd bedroom (the one with the roll-in shower) were very high not lower as is usual in accessible rooms.
Florida_June_2011_058.jpg

Just to answer the earlier question about beds - the beds in the 2nd bedroom (the one with the roll-in shower) were very high not lower as is usual in accessible rooms.
Florida_June_2011_058.jpg
Thank you for the pictures. I looked all over and could not find any.:thumbsup2

Regarding the bed height. Until the most recent guidelines to the ADA accessibility guidelines, there were no standards for bed heights in handicapped accessible rooms.
So, some were high, some were low. It could vary a lot.
The new guidelines do add height information.

I found out on our last trip that not all roll in shower rooms are fully H/A. My room at OKW had a roll in shower and toilet with grab bars but the rest of the villa was not H/A. The microwave was mounted over the stove. The kitchen sink did not have the cutout so I could get close. The doorway to the porch had a large lip I could not get my chair over. I guess you have to ask for a H/A room that is fully H/A not just a roll in shower if you need to get to the kitchen sink and microwave. Because I was traveling with my DH I was able to get along okay. But I do like my independence to make my popcorn when I want!:laughing:

Here are the pictures of the 2bdrm lockoff at AKV room 7616/7618

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

A couple of shots of room 1016 at the Poly Tahiti Bldg

IMG_0066-Copy.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Do anyone know of rooms at the Beach Club that are HA and where they are located in the resort? I need one close to the Lobby and eating area, and near an elevator if possible.

Thanks
Dawn

Do anyone know of rooms at the Beach Club that are HA and where they are located in the resort? I need one close to the Lobby and eating area, and near an elevator if possible.

Thanks
Dawn
The accessible rooms are in all price categories and scattered throughout the Resort. And at BC the only table service is Cape May Cafe (which is a buffet off the lobby) and the only counter service (which is also table service) is Beaches and Cream.

Does anyone know if Pop Century has the double/double bed setup for the handycapped accessible room with the roll-in-shower?

Does anyone know if Pop Century has the double/double bed setup for the handycapped accessible room with the roll-in-shower?

The last time we stayed at pop... 2008.. the answer to that question would be no. I was told that all the rooms with roll-in-shower were king rooms. But as that has been a few years, I don't know if that may have changed.

i am thinking about staying at riverside a need a room with a roll in shower. since the refurbishments do these rooms come with king beds or doubles? tia!
lisa

i am thinking about staying at riverside a need a room with a roll in shower. since the refurbishments do these rooms come with king beds or doubles? tia!
lisa

We stayed in a room last fall with a roll-in shower..... however this room was pre-refurbished. It was a king bed..... I don't think they would have changed that. The refurbishment replaced all the double beds with queens, so I assume it could be either a king or 2 queens now.

Hoping someone here may have the "inside scoop". DD is a manual wheelchair user and we just booked our next trip to WDW in a Royal Room/ 2 queens. Soooo excited and that's just me - keeping it a surprise :yay: Daughter can make some transfers so really our ideal room configuration is simply toilet and tub grab bars with a little extra bathroom space for ease of transfer. Anyone have any idea yet what type of accessible rooms will be on offer for this category? Thanks for any info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter