Wheelchair in stateroom?

Karen06

Earning My Ears
Would it be reasonable to store a wheelchair in your stateroom? If the steward stores if for you, is it likely to be close by?

I would recommend getting a handicap accessible room if you have a wheelchair. There is plenty of room to store a chair in those. I don't believe stewards can store items for guests.

There are designated area to store ECVs and wheelchairs for those who don't need them all the time. I think on the Fantasy it is near the midship elevators but I don't recall which deck. On the classic ships I think the storage area is by the aft elevators but again I don't recall which deck. Guest Services can tell you the exact location and I imagine the officers who greet you as you board could advise you as well.

If you will not be using the wheelchair on board or using it infrequently, I think it would be kind to NOT book an accessible cabin as there are not many of them and they can be very hard to book for those who need a wheelchair all the time.

Fits nicely folded up by the side of the bed in a regular room. You just can't go in and out in the chair from the room to the hall. Door isn't wide enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts