Wheelchairs and Fast Pass Line

ok found the tread I was looking for https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/

this is taken from this thread: ( go down to refresh the 3 bolded ) ( you can read more about anything and everything FP on this thread)

Instructions for Checking Availability and Refreshing

You don't have to Cancel when checking availability, rebooking a new park, or when park hopping. Simply follow the instructions below.

From the app:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.

Checking Availability for Same Park - Same Day
From the App
~ from a booked FP, choose "Modify”
*(Note: to check availability of a Tier 1 attraction, you must choose an existing Tier 1 to modify.)
~ scroll through selections to see availability
~ original FP remains intact if a new ride is not chosen
* The system does not show ride availability for time slots that are blocked by original FP Return Windows.

The REFRESH Method
When in the park, Modify FPs by using Refresh:
  • Choose a pre-booked FP and Select Modify
  • Select a time and read the selections that are available
  • Select a new time and again read the selections that are available
  • Continue until you choose a new FP

When searching for a new FP:
  • Select the “+,” date, and park
  • Select a time and read the available selections
  • Select a different time and read the available selections
  • Continue until you select a FP

Remember to grab a chosen ride’s available FP and then “Modify + Refresh” to find other available times.

One last thing I have heard never tried that it is easer to get day if FOP FO at those times. 11.01, 1.01, 3.01, 5.01 So long on a few minutes before these times and try

Fast pass was just being tested then,
Could you be thinking of FastPassPlus?
We just can’t afford to stay in the park anymore now that there are 6 of us, and all but 1 considered adults for the room.
It's the six people total, not the "considered Disney adults" unless you do mean everyone is 18+ except the one person?
I am looking for the thread on the refresh app thing but I can not find what I was thinking off just a few that have one or two tips.
Theme Parks Advice and Strategies has two separate FP threads pinned.

Could you be thinking of FastPassPlus?

It's the six people total, not the "considered Disney adults" unless you do mean everyone is 18+ except the one person?

Theme Parks Advice and Strategies has two separate FP threads pinned.
My husband and myself, 23 year old twin daughters, 18 year old daughter with autism, and 13 year old daughter who uses a wheelchair.

ok found the tread I was looking for https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/

this is taken from this thread: ( go down to refresh the 3 bolded ) ( you can read more about anything and everything FP on this thread)

Instructions for Checking Availability and Refreshing

You don't have to Cancel when checking availability, rebooking a new park, or when park hopping. Simply follow the instructions below.

From the app:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.

Checking Availability for Same Park - Same Day
From the App
~ from a booked FP, choose "Modify”
*(Note: to check availability of a Tier 1 attraction, you must choose an existing Tier 1 to modify.)
~ scroll through selections to see availability
~ original FP remains intact if a new ride is not chosen
* The system does not show ride availability for time slots that are blocked by original FP Return Windows.

The REFRESH Method
When in the park, Modify FPs by using Refresh:
  • Choose a pre-booked FP and Select Modify
  • Select a time and read the selections that are available
  • Select a new time and again read the selections that are available
  • Continue until you choose a new FP

When searching for a new FP:
  • Select the “+,” date, and park
  • Select a time and read the available selections
  • Select a different time and read the available selections
  • Continue until you select a FP

Remember to grab a chosen ride’s available FP and then “Modify + Refresh” to find other available times.
Thank you sooooo much!

There are I think 5 rides in all of Disney that the lines are not accessible in these case they will give you a return time to come back that is the same as the wait time -10 minutes

At the MK

Jungle cruse ( you go to the exit)
BTMRR ( you go to the exit)
IASW ( you go to the exit)
space mountain ( you go in the FP line and then go off closer to the second tap point)

And at EPCOT
space ship earth( you go to the exit )

If you have a FP for any of theses rides you will just get right on ( well after waiting behind anyone already in line which most of the time is about 5-10 minutes)

The CM must see the person in the wheelchair to get a return time.

There are other rides that are accessible to a point but then will have you go another way ( like splash mountain)

Whether a FP is right or getting a return time is right for you is something you will need to decide. For jungle cruise there is a big hill you will have to go up and down twice if you do not have a FP for. Also some rides are kind of out of the way.

I would just like to add-
our last few times at jungle cruise we were given return times (like a das) but on paper
And also once we waited well over 20 mins past the return time.

Do not think of return times as ride times.
We describe them as the time we can go back & see how long it takes from our return.
And highlight it’s not going to be 240 mins for example..
(Well hopefully not!!)

Big thunder you still require either a fast pass or to go to the ride and get a das return time.
And many folks stare at you like they’ve never seen other humans before:rolleyes1

Small world-we’ve never been told to come back at a different time.

Space mountain-I’ve only done once. And was kind of petrified on the way to the ride.
I can’t recall much prior to boarding :hyper2:
However; I really enjoyed it & shall ride again.

Space ship earth we have had waits or booked fast passes -it hasn’t made a great deal of difference.
I felt the last time we rode a bit of an inconvenience as the cm made it quite clear if you couldn’t climb ladders/steps they could only accommodate one of ya at a time:headache:

And they scanned magic bands whereas small world didn’t.

Two other thing to add-
the teacups we had fast passes and the lovely cm wanted to send us straight on (via exit gate) and I made sure we scanned first & therefore we could try and book more later that day.

The royal carousel has a separate enterance for chairs also-we found it hard to spot! Keep walking round the attraction (past the main queue) & hopefully you’ll see it!
Or ask a cm or 2 like we did:rolleyes:

oh and the teacups have a separate entrance so this is one you get a return time or just let right on

There are I think 5 rides in all of Disney that the lines are not accessible in these case they will give you a return time to come back that is the same as the wait time -10 minutes

At the MK

Jungle cruse ( you go to the exit)
BTMRR ( you go to the exit)
IASW ( you go to the exit)
space mountain ( you go in the FP line and then go off closer to the second tap point)

And at EPCOT
space ship earth( you go to the exit )

If you have a FP for any of theses rides you will just get right on ( well after waiting behind anyone already in line which most of the time is about 5-10 minutes)

The CM must see the person in the wheelchair to get a return time.

There are other rides that are accessible to a point but then will have you go another way ( like splash mountain)

Whether a FP is right or getting a return time is right for you is something you will need to decide. For jungle cruise there is a big hill you will have to go up and down twice if you do not have a FP for. Also some rides are kind of out of the way.
That is super helpful. Thank you so much!

I saw someone above posted a few of the rides that direct you through the fastpass queue or through the exits. Two others are Star Tours and Living with the Land. I know folks were saying they’ll issue you a return time, but I can tell you in the dozens of times I’ve ridden these rides, I’ve only gotten a return time once or twice. Usually I’m just sent in. This is absolutely a thing and I’m surprised more people don’t know about it.

I saw someone above posted a few of the rides that direct you through the fastpass queue or through the exits. Two others are Star Tours and Living with the Land. I know folks were saying they’ll issue you a return time, but I can tell you in the dozens of times I’ve ridden these rides, I’ve only gotten a return time once or twice. Usually I’m just sent in. This is absolutely a thing and I’m surprised more people don’t know about it.
Just did living with the land with someone in a wheelchair and we went through the regular line so it is accessible not sure about start tours

Just did living with the land with someone in a wheelchair and we went through the regular line so it is accessible not sure about start tours

the Star Tour queue is side-by-side, so not sure why anyone would be directed into the FP queue if they were in a wheelchair? It's the same route. Perhaps the CM doing this wasn't well trained?

the Star Tour queue is side-by-side, so not sure why anyone would be directed into the FP queue if they were in a wheelchair? It's the same route. Perhaps the CM doing this wasn't well trained?

I don’t know but with my walker I had to take the fast pass que every time we did it. Each time they just had me go into it - once she hesitated then said just go in. There must be a slope or something that makes the regular line not OK for w/c.

oh and the teacups have a separate entrance so this is one you get a return time or just let right on
The teacups have a gate near one of the exits for guests using wheelchairs.
That doesn’t mean no wait though and it doesn’t mean it won’t change.

If you are going during a time when the wait is less than 20 minutes in the regular (Standby) line for either of those, you MAY be directed into the Fastpass line with a mobility device. Both of those attractions typically do have times when the posted wait time is 20 minutes or less.
If the wait is longer, expect to wait in the regular line or be given a return time to come back.

We just got back from WDW less than a week ago and rode both with someone in a wheelchair.

We had Fastpass for Star Tours, so we went into the Fastpass line. The posted wait time was 20 minutes.
We did see several guests with mobility devices in the Standby line.
Once inside the building, guests with mobility devices are routed to a line that goes to the left of the regular line and up a step ramp rather than continuing with the regular/Fastpass lines. That line ends in a small hallway where we waited for about 15 minutes with 2 groups with mobility devices in front of us and 2 behind. The hallway ends in a loading room with 3 different vehicle load areas. The 2 groups ahead of us were sent to the left vehicles and we were sent to the far right (one group at a time). Our wait just in that hallway before being sent to load was almost 15 minutes.
My guess is that loading area is used because it’s where they can get wheelchairs where they need to be for loading and unloading.

We did The Land twice this trip and had Fastpasses both times, so we did go directly into the Fastpass line. Last Fall, we had Fastpass one time and got a return time time the other time. On this trip, I saw one group getting a wheelchair return time when we were getting into line. The last time we went on this trip, the posted wait was 10 minutes and it looked shorter than that. The Standby line went pretty much straight to the load area instead of snaking around as it usually does. That might be a situation where guests with wheelchairs might be using the regular line as gap mentioned seeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter