Wheelchairs available in WDW Resorts?

benseven

Mouseketeer
I just spoke with our resort about our arrival, late at night after travelling all day. I can walk short distances and stairs with a crutch. I arrange for wheelchairs at every airport, rent a scooter for the entire length of stay in resorts and parks. I only need a wheelchair to get to my room the first night, then a family member will meet my scooter delivery the next AM. I was told there are no wheelchairs in the resorts and the only assistance I could have then would be to rent my scooter from Scooterbug and have it waiting for my arrival. I may be able to make the walk to my room, I may not. Can anyone confirm this? I hope the CM was wrong...

I just spoke with our resort about our arrival, late at night after travelling all day. I can walk short distances and stairs with a crutch. I arrange for wheelchairs at every airport, rent a scooter for the entire length of stay in resorts and parks. I only need a wheelchair to get to my room the first night, then a family member will meet my scooter delivery the next AM. I was told there are no wheelchairs in the resorts and the only assistance I could have then would be to rent my scooter from Scooterbug and have it waiting for my arrival. I may be able to make the walk to my room, I may not. Can anyone confirm this? I hope the CM was wrong...
CM is correct. I would look into a one day rental of a wheelchair from Scooterbug if you have someone who could push

Do you use a mobility device at home? I bought a cheap wheelchair ($100) and used it through the airport from home, through security and for the walkway to the plane. It was stored under the plane and first item out. Used it through the airport, to Magical Express and onto the Magical Express. (I still used wheelchair assist at airports and airlines provided a "pusher". When I arrived at resort, (We arrived early in the day) the company I rented the evx from was waiting for me.

My daughter pushed an empty wheelchair till we got to our room. I found the actual benefit of doing this on our return trip heading home. When you get off the Magical Express and need to get through security and to gate, there is a definite communication problem between Magical Express and wheelchair assist at the airport. Having my own wheelchair has relieved a lot of added stress and worry.

Thank you! I do have a wheelchair, but haven't been using it for air travel, just day trips. Learning new things with every new symptom. Appreciate the assistance here!

Depending on the resort, bell services may be able to take you to your room using a golf cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter