When a reservation goes bad...

TrixyA

Mouseketeer
A long time ago, we had reservations for a park restaurant and something went wrong. We waited over two hours to get into the restaurant.... to this day, I don't know why we waited. But, we did.

Now, with the show up or get charged policy (which I totally understand), if a reservation time comes and goes and we're still waiting to be seated, will we be charged if we bail on the reservation after a reasonable amount of time? (maybe 20-30 minutes?)

Thanks!!

Our experience is that as long as you show up, you won't be charged. If they are running behind and you don't want to wait, just let them know. They mark it somehow differently so you don't get charged.

Last edited:
We have had a few situations where we had reservations and were unable to eat (child meltdown, not hungry, able to get in at an earlier time day of, etc). Each time we have showed up (they say only 1 guest needs to show up so I am the designated potential diner) t honor the reservation and each time they have allowed us to cancel BECAUSE we showed up. It doesn't hurt that thy were all high demand restaurants and very busy times and to be honest, they seemed actually relieved that we were canceling as they had guests waiting for any kind of opening. We don't make a practice of it and we never make a reservation that we don't have every intention of keeping, but things happen. If worst comes to worst I will honor the reservation by myself, but I have never had to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter