When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

I vote for you trying the Escargot or the Charred Octopus the next time. :upsidedow
Uh...No...Never... “I will not. There is no try.”

You're making me so excited to see VoL again with all those videos. The soloist on "You'll Never Walk Alone" was amazing omg Gosh, they're all so talented.

So many fun eats too! Tiffins looks just as delicious as everyone says it is wow You're really using this time well as a local. Love it!
- I’m guessing I will see you around the red circle at some point? They really are amazing.

- I really enjoyed the eateries I chose to go eat at...except one...I didn’t feel like typing a bad review. So, I skipped over that restaurant. :D I’m looking forward to many more meals at Walt Disney World!

Thanks for all the dining reviews! I'm such a picky eater that I don't make it to a lot of the fancier Disney restaurants. Mom and I do have Tiffins booked for October but I do think I will struggle a bit. At least most of the Disney restaurants are willing to do things for me like putting the sauce on the side in case I don't like it.

I also really enjoyed the VOL videos! I definitely don't get to see them often enough.

Loved your VOL videos! Great way to head into the weekend!
Thank you! Yes it is! I have more coming in the near future.

Thanks for all the dining reviews! I'm such a picky eater that I don't make it to a lot of the fancier Disney restaurants. Mom and I do have Tiffins booked for October but I do think I will struggle a bit. At least most of the Disney restaurants are willing to do things for me like putting the sauce on the side in case I don't like it.

I also really enjoyed the VOL videos! I definitely don't get to see them often enough.
I’m sure they can accommodate any sort of taste at Tiffins. It is a very good reataurant.

Thank you!

5/1/19: Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary - Part 1!

***Just want to let everyone know that I do not have a lot of updates for the month of May. That is mostly because I’ve been trying to catch up on my Trip Report. I had a lot of updates that I wanted to share from April that beat out a lot of my experiences for the month of May. I do have a few updates coming from May, but I am now trying to catch up so I can hit the ground running when I get to Disneyland very very soon!***

It was May 1, 2019!!! That can only mean one thing. It was Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary!!!

The park didn’t open until 9, but I arrived at the park at around 7:20 a.m. They were opening the park early for people buying merchandise. However, I got to the park a lot later than I was wanting to.

It was a beautiful morning in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

I would make it over to the merchandise line, and I could easily tell that the line was a couple hours long. Fortunately, I had a friend already inside the store. I would ask a higher up CM if it was ok for me to go meet up with my friend, and she said of course. So, I might have bypassed the entire line and got into the store. Yes I did have a friend inside the store, and yes I did take this time to buy merchandise. :D

My friend and I would then make our way over toward the center of the park where we would find a spot for the ceremony/parade near this wonderful statue.

Here is a picture of me getting ready to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

I would now like to welcome my friend, Hunter, to my Trip Report. Hunter is not a member of Disboards. However, he does have his own instagram account.

If you would like the follow Hunter on Instagram, his name is idreamofdisneyworld.

His signature way to spot him in the parks is he carries a Roger Rabbit with him everywhere.

It was almost time for the ceremony!

The ceremony had started!

Enjoy the many pictures that I took of the ceremony:

The major thing that was announced at this ceremony was Disney’s Hollywood Studios would be getting a new logo. I don’t know about you but that is some new logo that was unnecessary for this park.

Also, this was by far the worst ceremony I have ever seen. No singing Happy Birthday to the park, and also Disney announced that the parade would be filled with special celebrities. Yeah…Ok…I guess I need to keep in mind that Disney thinks their characters are celebrities (which they are). I don’t think people were thinking that the ceremony and the parade would be this bad. I think I was mainly annoyed, because I waited 2 hours for that ceremony.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Ceremony!

If you would like to watch my video of the horrible Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Celebration, then here you go. :D

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Ceremony!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

More in my next post!

5/1/19: Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary - Part 2!

The next location we would go to is Walt Disney Presents!

I would get a picture with my favorite picture of Walt Disney!

We would spend some time and see the preview for the upcoming Aladdin trailer.

Up next, I was able to get a same day reservation for 50’s Prime Time Cafe. So, my friend and I would make our way over to have lunch at an opening day restaurant!

After lunch, it would be time to shrink down to the size of a toy at Toy Story Land!

We would head to our first ride of the day on Slinky Dog Dash!

After riding on a toy dog, we were ready to see some stunts. So, we traveled over to Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (which we learned is currently the oldest attraction in Disney’s Hollywood Studios).

Also, this happened!!! I got to be an extra!!!

Waiting to go on the stage…

My time being an extra would be over, and I would make it back to my seat just in time to see the final scene.

If you ever have the chance to be an extra, it is really fun. It definitely enhances the experience of this show for you. However, in order to do that, you have to accept the fact that you will have to be outgoing in the beginning. :D

I would have a fastness for Star Tours. So, I would do that while my friend had to go to Guest Services for a reason. I would meet up with him again right after.

I never knew they had a Magic Band thing here in Star Tours where they list your name.

I would then meet back up with my friend and it was time to see the new Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy that recently opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Absolutely no wait to get into the next show which was nice.

I thought that the show is good for what it is. I realize that I’m not the clientele that this show is appealing to, but as an adult, I still enjoyed the show. I thought it was cute. I thought the Lightning McQueen animatronic was really cool. Then I also liked how the screens made you feel like you were really there.

It was time to check-in to my favorite hotel at Walt Disney World!!!

After dropping to a new dimension, I was feeling a frozen drink. So, I would get a frozen lemonade. I like how the Cast Member made a Mickey head on the top.

More in my next post!

5/1/19: Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary - Part 3!

Up next, we would head back to Toy Story Land to compete against each other in Toy Story Mania!

I am very competitive on this attraction. I would end up beating my friend and getting “Best in Vehicle!”

It was now time to see a show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I’ll give you a little hint…It’s a show that has a Princess, a monster, a greedy villain, several oversized cups, and an oversized clock and candlestick.

I think you guessed it! We would go see the Beauty and the Beast Musical.

It was now time to go see some Muppets at Muppet Vision 3D.

I found a music store!!!

Next, it was time to ride on a super-stretched limo at Rock N’ Rollercoaster!

Dinner time! We would go to Backlot Express.

It was a beautiful evening and a wonderful day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

How about one more ride on Slinky Dog Dash? Sounds good to me!

Hunter and I on Slinky Dog Dash!

We would have time for one more ride, and that ride would be on Alien Swirling Saucers!

Here are some PhotoPass photos from my day of celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

More in my next post!

5/1/19: Opening Night Of Wonderful World Of Animation!

My friend and I would end up heading to the center of the park to get a spot for the new projection show called Wonderful World of Animation!

I was really excited to see this new projection show!

Eventually the show would begin.

Enjoy pictures of the projection show:

Overall, I really enjoyed this show. However, it wasn’t what I was expecting. I wish Disney would have gone in order of all of the animated movies. Instead, they jumped around and incorporated highlights of the most recent animated movies. They would use different movies in the projections while they featured movies like Wreck-It-Ralph: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Coco, Toy Story 4, and others. I did really like the ending A LOT. I think that is one of the perfect endings Disney could have done with this projection show. I would still see this show. It is well done, and part of me enjoyed it more than Disney Movie Magic.

So, about 1 minute before the show ended, it began to rain. So, I would decide to leave instead of staying for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.

Happy 30th Anniversary, Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Thank you for a fantastic day!!!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Opening Night Performance of Wonderful World of Animation!

Here is the Opening Night performance of Wonderful World of Animation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Disney’s Hollywood Studios - Wonderful World of Animation - Opening Night!

Stay tuned for more updates from my time being a resident of Orlando, Florida!

What a crummy celebration of a big event! DHS deserved better than that!!! It seemed like a really long promo for the park more than anything. At least you got to see some of the Citizens of Batuu. That would have been cool.

Hey, I got to be an extra in the Indy show once, too! It was so funny. I leaned over to my husband and said "watch this, I am going to get on stage". I then proceeded to act LIKE. A. FOOL. Sure enough, I was picked. And I got to be the one to "fake shoot" the death scene guy. It was SO FUN!!!

Okay, so I am purposefully not watching your video of WWoA. I LOVE Disney night time shows, so I want to save my first viewing for in the park! Glad, though, to know that it's a good one!

What a crummy celebration of a big event! DHS deserved better than that!!! It seemed like a really long promo for the park more than anything. At least you got to see some of the Citizens of Batuu. That would have been cool.

Hey, I got to be an extra in the Indy show once, too! It was so funny. I leaned over to my husband and said "watch this, I am going to get on stage". I then proceeded to act LIKE. A. FOOL. Sure enough, I was picked. And I got to be the one to "fake shoot" the death scene guy. It was SO FUN!!!

Okay, so I am purposefully not watching your video of WWoA. I LOVE Disney night time shows, so I want to save my first viewing for in the park! Glad, though, to know that it's a good one!
- It really did deserve more. Seeing the Citizens of Batuu was fine, but felt weird being apart of a "parade" celebrating 30 years of the park when the Land isn't even open yet.

- That's fun!!! This was my second time going on the stage. The first time I did it, I got to die and come back to life in front of a lot of people. :D

- Perfectly understand! I'm the same way with almost everything Disney. However, my interest usually peaks so I end up watching videos of everything and can't hold back. Watching videos of shows never do them justice so I get an idea of what the show is before I go into it. Plus, I like to film shows. So, it gives me an idea where to look at specific points during the show.

5/24/19: Opening Night Of Rivers Of Light: We Are One!

On May 24th, I was able to go to Disney’s Animal Kingdom for one specific purpose. That is because I had a fastpass for the opening night performance of Rivers of Light: We Are One!

I was excited to the changes that Disney decided to make to the show or the additions.

I would get a spot in the far left side of the fastpass viewing section which is the best place to sit in this area.

Eventually the show would begin.

Here are some pictures of the new version of Rivers of Light:

Then the show was over!

Overall, I enjoyed the additions to the new show. I do think there is quite a bit of dead space now though. It felt like they couldn’t find a way to really integrate the Disney characters besides adding a few minutes to the beginning which seemed very odd, as well as, a few bits here and there. The finale was also changed as well. You still can’t see what the projections are making out on the main fountains at times which is slightly annoying. You could only tell what was being projected when the boats projected onto their sails.

I still enjoy the soundtrack a lot even if there was a few Disney songs added. My new favorite effect in the show is the use of lights to make a thunder/lightning storm. I don’t think these new effects and additions of our favorite Disney animal characters were enough to draw people to continue to watch this show.

Did I enjoy the show? Yes I did. Am I running to go see it again? No I am not.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Opening Night Performance of Rivers of Light: We Are One!

Here is a video of the Opening Night performance of Rivers of Light: We Are One at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

Opening Night Performance of Rivers of Light: We Are One!

More in my next post!

5/28/19: Bok Tower Gardens!

On May 28th, I was able to experience another location off of Disney property that I want to share with all of you. I would travel about an hour away from Disney property to a place called Bok Tower Gardens. I had a friend visiting from out of town, and he wanted to go here. It sounded like fun. So, I tagged along, and now I’m telling all of you about this beautiful place!

This place does have an admission cost. The cost is $15 per adult and $5 per child (ages 5-12). Child admission under 5 is free.

This place is really a very relaxing garden, but it is so beautiful to just walk around.

Here are some pictures of the grounds:

The main highlight of this place is the singing tower. This tower has dozens of bells inside of it and they actually do Carillon Concerts from inside the tower daily at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Carillon is when someone strikes an instrument like a keyboard, but the instrument strikes the bells inside the tower. So, there is actually someone playing the bells inside. This concert was very beautiful to just walk around and listen to.

More pictures of the grounds:

I was actually able to feed the fish and this fish in particular was really begging for some food!

More pictures of the grounds:

This garden is huge!!! It is also very beautiful. However, keep in mind that it feels worse than Disney’s Animal Kingdom. We went on a very hot and humid day, and we could just feel the humidity we walked around. So, I would definitely come when it’s a little cooler.

A look at what the tower looks like inside.

The instrument inside the tower that the musician uses to play the carillon.

Then here is a quote that you can find that Edward Bok said:

I could have spent a lot longer here than I did. My friend needed to leave, and I didn’t want to necessarily stay while he was leaving. However, I know I will return here. This is a place that is really good to come to if you are looking to relax and escape. I know I’ve said this place is beautiful, but even my pictures don’t do it justice. If you come here, I would reserve at least a few hours to spend to walk around the grounds. I highly recommend this place!

More in my next post!

Last edited:
VIDEO: Song From Carillon (Bells) Concert At Bok Tower Gardens!

Here is a video of one of the songs performed during the Carillon Concert at Bok Tower Gardens! There is someone that is actually inside this singing tower playing the bells. It is absolutely beautiful to hear and it is really relaxing to be around this tower during this daily 30 minute concert!

Song From Carillon Concert At Bok Tower Gardens!

Stay tuned for more updates from my time being a Florida resident!

Awe, this post made my heart so happy. You see, I grew up in Central FL and we went to Bok Tower MANY times through the years. It was one of our favorite picnic spots. Here is a neat tidbit for you, the squirrels can be hand fed. Tap a morsel at the top of your leg, and one will scurry up your leg to grab it. Hold a snack in your flat palm, and they will grab from there, too. We always loved doing this as kids. It truly is a lovely place to get away from the normal hustle and bustle of life in a tourist destination.

Another place we loved, that is no longer in existence, was Cypress Gardens. That is the home of Legoland now.

We would spend some time and see the preview for the upcoming Aladdin trailer.
I love that picture of Walt Disney; definitely one of my very favorites! And Ariana & I really loved the extended trailer for Aladdin!! I can't believe I still haven't gone to see the darn movie yet, but seeing the preview got me super excited for it!

Up next, I was able to get a same day reservation for 50’s Prime Time Cafe.
Ooh, that was lucky!! I love Prime Time. That is one of my must do's on every trip, so I was sad it didn't fit into my packed schedule on the trip in May! I can't wait to go back in December :)

33877077238_15d295341c_z.jpg
That's so fun!!! :)

Have you ever seen the Tower of Terror movie (with Steve Gutenberg and Kirsten Dunst)? The luggage tags on these suitcases are from characters in the movie :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter