When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

I'm loving reading all about your Galaxy's Edge experience, especially considering recent announcements. Also, I totally get spending all that time on a droid. If I was spending that kind of money and waited that amount of time, you best believe I'm gonna make my droid perfect and have meaning. Otherwise, what was the point?

Love the update! I can't wait to go to Disneyland next year.
Thanks! I hope you have a fantastic trip! I love Disneyland so much, but it really is my "home" park.

I'm loving reading all about your Galaxy's Edge experience, especially considering recent announcements. Also, I totally get spending all that time on a droid. If I was spending that kind of money and waited that amount of time, you best believe I'm gonna make my droid perfect and have meaning. Otherwise, what was the point?
Thanks! I can't wait! I'm so excited we are getting Rise of the Resistance before Disneyland, but I'm rather shocked by that news as well.

Very true about the droid. I was really wanting to make it more of a yellow/orange R-unit sicne yellow is my favorite color. When I couldn't find one part in that color, I quickly tried to figure out another theme, and decided to go patriotic. I am very happy with my choice in the long run. Will you plan on building a droid when the land opens (or CM previews for you)?

Thanks! I can't wait! I'm so excited we are getting Rise of the Resistance before Disneyland, but I'm rather shocked by that news as well.

SAME! I was literally on break when I saw it and interrupted a convo happening because WHAT but I'm so excited we get SOMETHING first.

Very true about the droid. I was really wanting to make it more of a yellow/orange R-unit sicne yellow is my favorite color. When I couldn't find one part in that color, I quickly tried to figure out another theme, and decided to go patriotic. I am very happy with my choice in the long run. Will you plan on building a droid when the land opens (or CM previews for you)?

Ooooo that sounds cool. I think I might. I lowkey want to do both the droid and the lightsaber but droid first sounds like the plan. I'll probably do a BB unit rather than an R unit because I have such a soft spot for them.

SAME! I was literally on break when I saw it and interrupted a convo happening because WHAT but I'm so excited we get SOMETHING first.

Ooooo that sounds cool. I think I might. I lowkey want to do both the droid and the lightsaber but droid first sounds like the plan. I'll probably do a BB unit rather than an R unit because I have such a soft spot for them.
Very cool! I might build a BB unit here at the WDW one. I haven't decided. I saved the lightsaber experience for here though.

6/8/19: Dinner At Docking Bay 7!

It was time for dinner at Docking Bay 7!

You can find Docking Bay 7 in the land because the ship on top of the building signifies where it is.

Dina, Lesley, and I would mobile order our food. So, we would take the time to find a table while we waited for our food to be ready.

When I sat down, Dina or Lesley took my first photo of me and R12-19!

There is definitely a lot of detail in this restaurant, but nothing that really stuck out to be “Star Wars” for me. There were small little aspects like the writings on certain things and space looking crates. Outside of that, it felt like a very nicely themed restaurant but couldn’t really tell what the theme was. Not sure if that makes any sense. :D

Part of me really wanted to eat this fish looking thing.

Outside seating area:

I would order the Braised Shaak Roast. This was $19.

I found the meat to just be ok. It wasn’t the greatest, but $19 is also expensive for a quick service meal. To me, this wasn’t worth $19. I found myself enjoying the pasta more than the actual beef. I would eat the entire plate, but nothing really stood out to me as amazing. I would say Satuli Canteen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is far better than Docking Bay 7. So, hopefully they make some changes for when it comes to Walt Disney World.

That would complete my review of Docking Bay 7. You can see some video I took of the restaurant in my daytime overview of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge above.

More in my next post!

6/8/19: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run - Part 1!

It was finally time for the moment I have been waiting for!!! It was time to get in line for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run!

We would end up riding the attraction 4 times, and I was able to ride in all 3 positions (Pilot, Gunner, Engineer). I’m going to be including pictures from all 4 experiences here. So, it won’t be as accurate and you will see some differences in my photos.

When you first enter the queue, you are greeted by the backside of the Millennium Falcon! You can also hear its engine. This is seriously so cool! This made me more excited than seeing it from the front!

The inside of the queue has many hidden Star Wars details. You can also hear a speaker of DJ-R3X performing. Nobody that I know of has been able to confirm if what is playing on a a speaker in the queue is the same loop playing in the Cantina to my knowledge. However, it was fun to see many hidden Easter eggs.

Basically this area looks like it’s a junkyard which I thought was really cool.

Eventually we walk into a little pathway that brings us into one of the coolest views ever…

The top of the Millennium Falcon!!! Also, Big Thunder Mountain in the distance (great job Imagineers keeping that hidden).

It was time to go into the pre-show where I would finally see Hondo!

Hi Chewbacca!!!

After seeing the pre-show, we would then walk through this short pathway which is like walking down a gate to an airplane at the airport. You can hear the engine from the Falcon as you get closer. It really gets the whole immersion aspect very well.

When you get up to the gate, you are greeted by a Cast Member. You are then placed into a group of 6 with other guests, and you are handed cards. 2 cards say Pilot, 2 say Gunner, and 2 say Engineer. These cards also have a color. You aren’t allowed to ask for a position but you can trade with your fellow crew members if you wish. When you are waiting for your group to be called, you can walk around a specific room that I’m about to show you. When it is your turn to ride, a Cast Member will yell out your group color. At that time, it is important you get over to the area the CM called you ASAP.

These are what the cards look like:

It was now time for the moment I had been waiting for! Time to board the Millennium Falcon!

More in my next post!

Last edited:

6/8/19: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run - Part 2!

So, I was practically in tears at this point as I was boarding the Millennium Falcon for the first time! It was absolutely beautiful! So much detail!

I would finally get my picture with the game table!

It was then time to board the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon! I was so ready to experience this attraction!

We would watch a little movie before boarding that described our mission.

Hey look! A hidden Mickey!

The moment had come! It was time to pilot the Millennium Falcon!

Sorry for the blur picture but this was my first reaction after piloting the Millennium Falcon! I was amazing and so happy! I got to take the Falcon into light speed!

I didn’t want to leave…

The exit for the attraction is pretty extensive, but stays within the theme of the land.

This attraction does have a single rider line that we would take advantage of twice.

On one of our rides, Dina and I would get to experience the handicap ride vehicle. This vehicle stays in place and can ruin the illusion a little bit, because you see people get off the Falcon as you are getting on. This vehicle also seemed to be less motion in my opinion.

I would get to ride in the Engineer role twice. This was actually my favorite position. You get a sense of the entire attraction. Also, smacking the wall of the Millennium Falcon trying to hit the buttons was A LOT of fun!

Gunner was ok for me. It was basically pressing a button over and over again. However, I chose automatic when I did gunner. You can do manual, but I hear it is very difficult.

At the end of the ride, you are able to see what your score was.

Here was how my score broke down after one ride:

To this day, I still don’t understand this scoring system. :D

Like I mentioned above, I was able to ride this attraction 4 times. It truly is amazing, b ut it’s also amazing to continue standing in the game table area of the Falcon.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run is like gigantic game. A game where what you do effects the outcome. It isn’t like Mission Space where it will be the same each time whether or not you press the buttons or not. Not pressing the buttons has a negative outcome to this ride. In that regard, I can say that this is the most interactive attraction Disney has ever built. It is so much fun when you are actually on the attraction. When Rise of the Resistance opens, I firmly believe that this will be the 2nd best attraction in the land, but I will have to wait until December 5th to know that for sure.

One thing I will say is don’t be upset if you don’t get pilot. I actually had more fun as a gunner and an engineer with engineer being my favorite. Gunner made my wrist hurt way to much. Pilot was very cool for sentimental reasons, because every Star Wars fan wants to pilot the Millennium Falcon!

So, I will say that this attraction is definitely worth it!

Another thing Disney has done is there is no FastPass! I never waited more than 45 minutes for this attraction. Even when it was a longer wait, it didn’t even seem long at all, because of all of the different things to look at! I am someone that firmly believes that NO fastpass is a GOOD thing. Great job Disney deciding this!

I hope you enjoyed this look into Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. I have video of the queue, as well as, the ride down below.

More in my next post!

Last edited:
VIDEOS: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run Ride POV and Queue!

Here are 2 videos of the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run experience! One video shows highlights of the queue, the pre-show, and the ride. There is also a video of just the ride POV.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Disneyland - Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run Queue/Ride POV!

Disneyland - Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run - Ride POV!

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Stay tuned for more updates from my time inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!

There is definitely a lot of detail in this restaurant, but nothing that really stuck out to be “Star Wars” for me. There were small little aspects like the writings on certain things and space looking crates. Outside of that, it felt like a very nicely themed restaurant but couldn’t really tell what the theme was. Not sure if that makes any sense. :D
I think that was just because we were in a side room. In the main room it definitely feels like a spaceport loading area. The crate in the center moves a lot. And on top of containers there are lots of Easter eggs and details. Also, there are significant call outs (not just in here but throughout the land) to the TV shows. Makes sense when you consider those tv shows have 60+ hrs for Clone Wars and 40+ hrs for Rebels visiting many different areas, and the movies are only about 25 hrs, including Rise of Skywalker). Like in the creature stall, nearly all of the creatures are from the tv series.
To this day, I still don’t understand this scoring system. :D
No one does...
Another thing Disney has done is there is no FastPass! I never waited more than 45 minutes for this attraction. Even when it was a longer wait, it didn’t even seem long at all, because of all of the different things to look at! I am someone that firmly believes that NO fastpass is a GOOD thing. Great job Disney deciding this!
Only for now. They will start using it eventually.

I think that was just because we were in a side room. In the main room it definitely feels like a spaceport loading area. The crate in the center moves a lot. And on top of containers there are lots of Easter eggs and details. Also, there are significant call outs (not just in here but throughout the land) to the TV shows. Makes sense when you consider those tv shows have 60+ hrs for Clone Wars and 40+ hrs for Rebels visiting many different areas, and the movies are only about 25 hrs, including Rise of Skywalker). Like in the creature stall, nearly all of the creatures are from the tv series.

No one does...

Only for now. They will start using it eventually.
- Very true. We didn't spend a lot of time in there for me to really take it all in either. It might help if I would actually watch the Clone Wars and Rebels, but I haven't. Hopefully all of the episodes are on Disney+ so I can finally watch them.

- Maybe Disney can release a statement with how the scoring system works since they are looking like they are getting close to getting the "loyal status" program or whatever it's called in place.

- "Eventually" but who knows how long that will be.

You're getting me so excited about everything with these updates. Everything I hear about Smugglers Run just proves I'm so not ready for it omg

You're getting me so excited about everything with these updates. Everything I hear about Smugglers Run just proves I'm so not ready for it omg
Smugglers Run is a great ride. However, I have a feeling there is another ride in the land opening later this year at DHS that might be A LOT better. We will have to wait and see though. I'm just excited for this land to finally open out here.

6/8/19: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge At Night - Part 1!

It was finally time to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at night!!! Something I had been looking forward to experiencing since we all know that any part of a Disney Park takes on a new identity when the sun goes down.

One of the first things I did when it was nighttime was do a little shopping. I would make my way to the pet store where I would sadly see this little guy in a cage.

However, this is where I would meet my new friend, Elias. Elias is a Porg, and you will get to experience more of Elias’s adventures in my future Disneyland updates…I hope all of you know the reference to where I got his name. Also, I would like to thank @Lesley Wake for helping me name him.

Here is a look around Black Spire Outpost at night!

One thing I would do during this time was purchase the coke and sprite bottles. These are very cool, but I don’t know if they were worth the cost.

More in my next post!

6/8/19: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge At Night - Part 2!

Here is the Marketplace at night!

Well, that was Black Spire Outpost at night!

It was now time for a moment that I was looking forward to. Seeing fireworks over Batuu!! Dina, Lesley, and I would get our spots right near the Millennium Falcon where we would be treated to an amazing show!

Seeing Disneyland Forever from inside Batuu was really cool and also interesting. Disneyland doesn’t pipe the music into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to keep the theme of the area. So, you are watching fireworks while hearing Star Wars ships fly by. I’m just going to pretend like I was on the planet of Endor and celebrating the Rebellion beat the Empire…Wait…Wrong movie and time period! :D

It was sadly time to leave Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Here are some more pictures of the land at night, but mostly pictures of the Resistance Forest.

Farewell Batuu. I will see you again real soon, but on a different coast!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Fireworks Over Batuu!

Here is a video of the Disneyland Forever firework show filmed from the planet of Batuu!

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

Disneyland Forever Fireworks Over Batuu!

I hope that you enjoyed the movie!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Overview - Nighttime!

Here is my overview video of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in the evening! I was very excited to see what the land looked like in the evening, and it blew me away!

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

Disneyland - Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Overview - Evening!

I hope that you enjoyed the movie!

More in my next post!

My Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Photopass Pictures!

Here are the photo pass photos that I had taken during my time in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!

First, here are photos of my awesome DIS friends that I got to experience this new planet for the first time with. I was happy to experience Batuu with @Lesley Wake and @dina444444. We got a picture together with the Millennium Falcon.

Then I was able to get a picture with the Millennium Falcon with just myself.

Then the photopass photographer asked if I wanted a picture with my new droid, R12-19. Of course I said yes!

Here’s are some photos of me with the Kylo Ren First Order ship at night.

Here are some photos of my with the Resistance X-Wing.

These were all of the photopass photos I had taken of me during my time on Batuu.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was absolutely breathtaking. It was definitely worth flying out to California just to experience this land for 4+ hours. I have been dreaming of entering this land again ever since I left, and I will be having that opportunity very soon when it opens out here at Walt Disney World.

You have to see Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge if you are traveling to Disneyland or Walt Disney World! It is one incredible place, and the Imagineers definitely out-did themselves.

This will conclude my updates from my Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge adventure.

Stay tuned tomorrow when I continue updates from my Disneyland adventure!

These updates were terrific, Zach! I was behind A LOT of pages!! Your pics and details about SWGE have me really excited for December when we will be at WDW to see it all first hand.

Also, I really appreciated what you shared about your Mom, the wonderful tribute of those special VOL songs, and the meaningful name of your droid. She is surely watching over you and so proud!!

Hi everyone. You have probably noticed that I haven't posted on this Trip Report in a very long time. Life has become insanely busy to the point that it is very difficult for me to say that I am officially stopping this Trip Report.

I want to thank all of you that followed me around on my adventures as I moved down to Florida. It has been a true rollercoaster ride, but it has been a very exciting 6 months.

I continue to enjoy living close to a Disney Theme Park again. If you see me around the parks, still feel free to say hello! I love meeting all of you!

I hope to return for a 2020 Trip Report, but that is still up in the air at this time.

Until then..."See ya' real soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter