When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

Disney World is my "home" park and I FIERCELY agree with you on Disneyland's Fant being FAR superior to WDW's. I honestly don't get why people who still have seen both STILL like WDW's better. I'll say the one thing WDW really has over Disneyland's is the seating because the viewing area on RoA is a nightmare situation but LORD. Worth it. If WDW's Fant existed at Disneyland... it would not be nearly as popular, guaranteed.

The music they play in the pre-show to Fantasmic are all selections from the Disney Mania albums. Just listen to all of those, I guarantee you'll find every song. There was a time when they switched out that pre-show song list for another and I'm so glad it went back because it makes such great energy in the amphitheater.
I know why BECAUSE you have a sitting area at WDW. In CA you have to sit on the ground! World of Color you have to STAND.

Day 6: Trying Boma For The First Time!!!

Hi everyone! I am sorry for being away for a while. I was dealing with being very sick, as well as, packing has started. So, I really wasn’t up to typing any updates, and I have been very busy as well. Anyways, lets dive right back into this trip report! :)

It was time for my Dad and I to go and explorer a resort that we have never stayed at before. That is Animal Kingdom Lodge! I was also fairly confident that my Dad has never stepped foot in Animal Kingdom Lodge.

My Dad and I would travel to Jambo House which is one of the two separate areas of the resort. That is because we we had a dining reservation at a restaurant that I was very excited to eat at!

We would be eating at Boma!!!

Boma is an African-themed buffet, and I had heard many great reviews of this restaurant. So, it was time to try it!

It wasn’t long before my Dad and I were seated.

Our waitress was quick to greet us. She welcomed us for being a first time guest to Boma. She would take our drink order (which I was really excited for what I ordered, but you will find out in a bit what that was). Then it was time to go and explorer the buffet!!!

I tried to take pictures of everything that they had, as well as, the signs so that you would know what you were looking at. I was holding up the line in many of these areas so I was in a hurry. So, I hope I captured everything. I honestly can’t remember.

Here are pictures of the buffet:

So, those were all of the items for the entree portion of the buffet. Honestly, it all looked very good, and I had a hard time deciding what to get.

So, the drink that I ordered was the famous Jungle Juice!!! I have only had this on the Wild Africa Trek Tour at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. So, when I heard they had this drink, I jumped at the opportunity to get it! It is a very addicting juice!!!

So, this is what I started with. I am honest in saying that I can’t remember exactly what was on the plate. I believe I had an African stew. The other items, I can’t really tell you what all of it was. There is just one thing you need to know. That is that everything on this plate was amazing. It was so good to the point that I knew how my review of this restaurant was already going to go.

I would get some bread and some hummus.

I would then go back to the buffet to get one item. That item is the Chicken Corn Chowder. This was good, but it was a little downer after having some amazing items already. I am also picky when it comes to corn chowder. It was still good. I just think I would prefer the stew that I had in the first round.

After having some of the corn chowder, I had barely enough room for a round of dessert.

So, here are the dessert options:

The famous…

So, I would have a few of these items. There is one item I want to talk about though. That is the Zebra Domes. I was really excited to try these until I read the description that these dessert items can contain alcohol. Now, I don’t drink alcohol. It is a personal decision. So, I was nervous to try one of these. I did take the risk and tried one of them. I thought they were good, but I didn’t see why everyone is so crazy about the zebra domes. Is it because of the alcohol? If you like the zebra domes, let me know why you like them.

So, that would conclude our meal at Boma. There is only one thing I can really say about our experience. That is that Boma is the best buffet I have EVER had. That includes any local buffet and any Disney buffet. On the items that I was critical of, they were still delicious. I just felt underwhelmed based on what I had already had or based on personal decisions. All of the entree items that I had were delicious. Boma has made it really easy for me to want to visit again, because there is just something incredible about the blend of flavors that you can have on one plate.

More in my next post!

Day 6: Animals and Broadway!

After a wonderful dinner at Boma, my Dad and I would explorer the resort for a little bit.

Eventually, we decided to go out to the savannah to look at the animals that were around the area.

Well, I guess the animals like to hang out close to the lobby when it is dinner time (this can change). All of the animals ended up being very close to us!

I love giraffes!!! Probably because I’m tall as well. :D

After spending some time viewing the savannah, it was time to take my Dad back to our resort and for me to head back to EPCOT!

Earlier in the day, I met with a Voices of Liberty friend at the red circle. I asked if she was going to the last Disney on Broadway Show for Gavin Lee and Heidi Blickenstaff and she said that she was. I asked if she was interested in going together and she replied with a very hesitant yes. As I was leaving EPCOT earlier, the reason for the hesitation became clear. She had V.I.P. seating for the last show and was able to get me on the list to join her that evening. So, I got to sit in the V.I.P. seating for Heidi Blickenstaff and Gavin Lee!

This was their last show for the festival and the crowd was amazing!

After the show, I had to wait a long time due to the crowds. However, I was able to get a picture with Gavin Lee! He was the first Bert in Mary Poppins on Broadway and the West End!

After a fantastic day, it was time to leave EPCOT and head back to Saratoga Springs!

I would say that Day 6 was a fun day! It was a long day, but I always enjoy going on adventures around Walt Disney World property.

Day 7 would be the day that I was looking forward to most on my trip. Stay tuned to find out why! :)

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

So, I would have a few of these items. There is one item I want to talk about though. That is the Zebra Domes. I was really excited to try these until I read the description that these dessert items can contain alcohol. Now, I don’t drink alcohol. It is a personal decision. So, I was nervous to try one of these. I did take the risk and tried one of them. I thought they were good, but I didn’t see why everyone is so crazy about the zebra domes. Is it because of the alcohol? If you like the zebra domes, let me know why you like them.
I've tried Zebra Domes a bunch of times to see if I would like them, but they aren't my thing either. I liked the Malva Pudding the best though! I think they have a sundae version at AK that I want to try!

I love Boma too! I agree that Zebra Domes are not good. Actually, I think dessert at Boma is not anywhere near as good as the rest of the offerings. It almost seems like an afterthought.

It throws me off so much that Disney has a non-alcoholic Jungle Juice because that's is what everyone calls a basic college mega-cocktail of sorts. It's weird switching out of my college kid mind into my Disney kid mind.

Zebra Domes with alcohol? I'm here for it, but I've never heard it being that way. Like ever. Also, "may have alcohol" is such a sketch warning and then let anyone take them... what are you allowing people to consume, Disney?

AHHHH YOU MET SQUIDWARD!!! Ugh, Gavin Lee, what an icon. Said it before, but I will say it forever again.

I've tried Zebra Domes a bunch of times to see if I would like them, but they aren't my thing either. I liked the Malva Pudding the best though! I think they have a sundae version at AK that I want to try!

Definitely interested in your opinion since you have said that you have tried them quite a bit. Definitely an interesting sounding sundae!

I love Boma too! I agree that Zebra Domes are not good. Actually, I think dessert at Boma is not anywhere near as good as the rest of the offerings. It almost seems like an afterthought.

I would agree with you on the dessert. I would have rather go back and have a few more entrees than the dessert options if I was to go back to Boma for dinner.

It throws me off so much that Disney has a non-alcoholic Jungle Juice because that's is what everyone calls a basic college mega-cocktail of sorts. It's weird switching out of my college kid mind into my Disney kid mind.

Zebra Domes with alcohol? I'm here for it, but I've never heard it being that way. Like ever. Also, "may have alcohol" is such a sketch warning and then let anyone take them... what are you allowing people to consume, Disney?

AHHHH YOU MET SQUIDWARD!!! Ugh, Gavin Lee, what an icon. Said it before, but I will say it forever again.

- The Jungle Juice is SSSSOOOOO good!!!!! I don't know what they do to it, but I am addicted lol.

- What I found interesting is I saw kids grabbing the zebra domes...Ok...

- I did meet Squidward, but I prefer calling him Bert! :D Just wait until Day 7. :D

46181519965_d8504c1356_z.jpg
Is this the same juice they serve at Tusker House?? I was thinking it might be....but I'm not entirely sure because I'm just not a juice drinker, so I usually order some cocktail instead!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this sign! I'd never had any idea that Zebra Domes may contain alcohol!! In addition to not drinking juice much, I am not a cake-eater either, so I have never tried them. I wonder if this has always been the case or if this was a spin on the regular zebra domes?

has a non-alcoholic Jungle Juice because that's is what everyone calls a basic college mega-cocktail of sorts. It's weird switching out of my college kid mind into my Disney kid mind.[/QUOTE]
LOL I was thinking the same thing, Timmy!! I hope there's no Everclear in Zebra Domes!

Not sure I'll upload the photo right, as I've never done it before, but my daughter (on left) and I (and a friend and her daughter) met Gavin Lee in 2012 after seeing him in Mary Poppins on Broadway. I will always be a big fan, not just because of his singing and acting, but because he was a super nice and lovely person to our young girls! Would have loved to see him in Disney!

314028_4413967151704_1168323208_n.jpg

Is this the same juice they serve at Tusker House?? I was thinking it might be....but I'm not entirely sure because I'm just not a juice drinker, so I usually order some cocktail instead!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this sign! I'd never had any idea that Zebra Domes may contain alcohol!! In addition to not drinking juice much, I am not a cake-eater either, so I have never tried them. I wonder if this has always been the case or if this was a spin on the regular zebra domes?

has a non-alcoholic Jungle Juice because that's is what everyone calls a basic college mega-cocktail of sorts. It's weird switching out of my college kid mind into my Disney kid mind.
LOL I was thinking the same thing, Timmy!! I hope there's no Everclear in Zebra Domes![/QUOTE]
- I am not sure since I ate at Tusker House before I even knew about this. I know you can get the drink on the Wild Africa Trek Tour.

- I am not much into desserts, but usually if I hear something is good, I tend to try it. So, this is one of those times when I was confused why people liked these so much and the only reason I can think of is the alcohol.

Not sure I'll upload the photo right, as I've never done it before, but my daughter (on left) and I (and a friend and her daughter) met Gavin Lee in 2012 after seeing him in Mary Poppins on Broadway. I will always be a big fan, not just because of his singing and acting, but because he was a super nice and lovely person to our young girls! Would have loved to see him in Disney!

View attachment 392458
That's awesome that you got to meet Gavin while he was doing Mary Poppins on Broadway!!! He was a nice guy, but I didn't really get a chance to talk to him. There were probably 100 people trying to meet both Gavin and Heidi this evening since it was their last night. They were both so nice and met with each person that wanted to see them though instead of running off and seeing a fireworks show or something.

Day 7: A “Fun” Dining Experience At EPCOT!

Welcome to Day 7 everyone!!! This has been a fabulous trip so far, and it was finally time for the day that I was looking forward to the most! Stay tuned to my next updates to find out why. :)

My Dad and I would have a late start to the day. We would arrive at EPCOT around noon, and we had a dining reservation at my Dad’s favorite restaurant.

We would make our way into World Showcase where we would be dining at the Rose & Crowne again.

I would be having the dining package for this evenings Disney on Broadway Concert Series. My Dad decided to not have the package. So, this means that my meal was a 3-course meal.

For my appetizer, I would start by trying the cheese plate. I’m not that big into just eating cheese. However, this was very delicious. I liked all 3 types of cheese on the plate. If I was to choose a favorite, I would say the cheese in the middle of the plate was my favorite. I can’t remember what all of these were called. I’m sorry.

For my entree, I always have to get the fish & chips here. Always delicious!

For dessert, I would get the English Trifle. This has whipped cream, graham cracker “crust” (I think), and strawberry sauce/small bits of strawberries. This is one of my favorite desserts I have had on Disney property. In my opinion, this is definitely worth a try if you come to the Rose & Crown.

*STORY TIME*

Now it is time for the fun story of the day. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the 30 minutes of agonizing anticipation just to get out of a restaurant.

Our meal was finally over. Our waitress would take our food away and eventually bring out the bill.

-Starts the clock-

Our bill would sit on our table for a good 15 minutes before our waitress returned again. However, I had the perfect view in the restaurant to see what she and a few other waitresses were up to during that 15 minutes. There was a guest that came up and started talking to several of the workers. I’m guessing the guest works in the International College Program as well since they seemed to all know each other. Our waitress and about 5 other waitresses just stood around talking to this guest that was showing them the new picture she had just bought for 10 MINUTES. Now, I wouldn’t be counting this if I wasn’t in a hurry to get out of the Rose & Crown. I also wasn’t going to march up to her and hand her our bill saying we are ready for you to take care of us. So, I waited patiently.

Eventually she returned, my Dad said “no change” and I commented saying that I would like the ticket to the show that I was going to see.

10 minutes (25 minutes since our bill had been placed on our table) goes by, and she finally returns. At this point, I had told my Dad to go ahead and leave, and I’ll deal with the rest of the checking out process. When she returned, she brought the bill out with change and no ticket to the show. At this point, I was really ready to take the bill, take all of the money out of the check, and leave her no tip. However, the nice guy that I am, reminded her that we said, “No change.” I also mentioned that I really wanted the ticket to the show.

During the 7 minutes (32 minutes since the bill was placed on the table) that it took our waitress to deliver me a small piece of paper that should have already been brought out to me, I asked another waitress in the restaurant if she could get the manager. I at least had the ticket to the show in my possession.

So, the manager came out, and I explained everything that has happened. Supposedly the manager said that the 2nd part was her fault, because she was on the phone and needed to open up more money to offer change. Then I explained that we didn’t want change. The manager was really nice and definitely respected the fact that it should never take 30+ minutes to finally be able to walk out of the restaurant. It literally took over 2/3 of the amount of time that it took me to eat my 3 course meal to just deal with out bill.

If you know me well, you know that I hate complaining. Especially at Disney. I only say that, because I am someone that doesn’t like guest recovery. I don’t like having things given to me. The manager of the restaurant was literally trying to give any possible guest recovery she could think of, and I was denying all of it.

Until one suggestion…

The manager noticed I got the Dining Package for the Broadway Concert Series. She offered to give me a ticket to all 3 shows that evening. I was already going to go to all 3 shows this evening. So, I did accept that. The performers this evening were my main reason for traveling to Walt Disney World during this week.

So, 40 minutes later, I was walking out of Rose & Crown and toward the American Adventure.

Rose & Crown is very lucky that it is my Dad’s favorite restaurant on Walt Disney World property.

*END STORY TIME*

Unfortunately, I would quickly find out what I would miss because of this whole issue at Rose & Crown.

I would walk up to the American Adventure…

and as I walked din, the Voices of Liberty were finishing their set that I was hoping to make. They were performing a song that I had only heard one other time on my Birthday, and it would have been the only chance that I would have heard it on this trip. That was “This Is Me” from the Greatest Showman.

Anyways, I would enjoy a few Voices of Liberty performances before it was time to get in line for some of the Broadway shows.

Before getting in line for the first show, I would decide to get the only picture photopass photo of the trip. That is the Washington crossing the river picture in the America Pavilion.

It was time to get in line for my first Disney on Broadway Concert Series performance of the evening!!! I was probably the most excited person in the theater!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!

Here are some Voices of Liberty songs that I heard performed on my visit to EPCOT on this day. The Voices of Liberty are my favorite thing to see at Walt Disney World, and I always enjoy every performance that they give.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Voices of Liberty - “Battle Hymn of the Republic!”

*MUST WATCH*

A video of one of my favorite Voices of Liberty arrangements that they sing.

Voices of Liberty - “He’s Gone Away!”

*MUST WATCH*

This is a video of a song that the Voices of Liberty don’t perform as often. This is a very beautiful song.

Video by @xApril (I was sitting next to her. She was generous to send me the video and allow me to post on here).

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Everything at Rose & Crown looks so delicious. I'm sorry the waitress taking as long as she did put such a damper on your experience. That really is way too long to wait to leave. And then you missed a rare song by the VoL. Big thumbs down.

I can't wait to hear about who it is that you were so excited to see in the Broadway Concert Series. My best guesses are members of the Newsies cast, but I can't recall who was there. I feel like it might be Kara Lindsay and Ben Fankhauser or maybe Andrew Keenan-Bolger. Idk, it's probably someone completely different lol

Everything at Rose & Crown looks so delicious. I'm sorry the waitress taking as long as she did put such a damper on your experience. That really is way too long to wait to leave. And then you missed a rare song by the VoL. Big thumbs down.

I can't wait to hear about who it is that you were so excited to see in the Broadway Concert Series. My best guesses are members of the Newsies cast, but I can't recall who was there. I feel like it might be Kara Lindsay and Ben Fankhauser or maybe Andrew Keenan-Bolger. Idk, it's probably someone completely different lol
- It was a damper on the day that is for sure. We have eaten at Rose & Crown many times and have never had an issue. I know we will return.

- You are incorrect on your assumptions. Wrong musical and wrong actors/actress lol. You will find out VERY soon. :D

What a pain having to do all that waiting around for nothing and then THIS:

That was “This Is Me” from the Greatest Showman.
Appauling that you would have to miss such an incredible song!! I can only imagine Voices of Liberty's performance. I love that song so much!

Well, if you were only going to do one, THIS is the one to do!! !:) Love it!

What a pain having to do all that waiting around for nothing and then THIS:

Appauling that you would have to miss such an incredible song!! I can only imagine Voices of Liberty's performance. I love that song so much!

Well, if you were only going to do one, THIS is the one to do!! !:) Love it!
- It was, but I know I will be back.

- It's their newest arrangement that debuted last October I believe. I have only heard it once, and that was on my Birthday. :D

- I really enjoyed that picture, and it never seemed to have a wait whenever I walked by. I just finally found the time to do it.

Day 7: Ashley Brown And Josh Strickland Concert - Part 1!

It was time for the moment that I have waited for this entire trip and a moment I have been waiting many years for!

That moment was to see Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland in concert!!!

I would get in the Dining Package line for the first show, and there really wasn’t much of a line. That made me happy since I knew I would at least get a good spot.

Eventually we were let in, and I chose to sit about 5 rows from the front. That was to have a good view if Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland came forward on the “forward stage.”

Ashley Brown originated the title role of Mary Poppins on Broadway!!! She also performed as Belle in Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. Disneyland fans might know her from singing the “Kiss Goodnight” song that performed after the Disneyland Forever Fireworks Show every night during the 60 Anniversary celebration.

Josh Strickland originated the title role of Tarzan on Broadway!!!

It wasn’t long before the moment finally came. The moment that I finally got to see Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland in person performing a concert!!! I was in complete like…fanboy…mode. :D

This would be Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland first performance at this years Festival of the Arts!

Here are pictures of their first performance:

Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland put on a fantastic concert! It was definitely worth many years waiting for this moment. They performed several of my favorite Disney on Broadway numbers, and I was really excited that I still had 2 more shows to see this evening!

The first show, I was more focused on filming. I have several of videos that will be posted below.

So, it was time to get in line again for the 2nd show for the evening!

More in my next post!

Day 7: Ashley Brown And Josh Strickland Concert - Part 2!

Since I had a Dining Package ticket for all 3 shows thanks to some guest recovery, I would get practically the same seat for every show.

It was time for that moment once again! Time for the 2nd show!

Enjoy some pictures of this performance:

The 2nd performance was outstanding!!! I was literally on cloud 9 these few hours that I was getting to see them perform!!!

Back into the Dining Package line again for the 3rd and final show of the evening! :)

I would sit just a few rows back for the 3rd show, but it was still a fantastic view.

The 3rd show would begin, and I was a little sad since this was my last time seeing them perform on this trip.

So, the moment that I waited for several years to witness finally came true. Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland really put on an amazing show. It was just an incredible evening of music, and one evening that I will not forget.

If you are wondering if the Dining Package is worth it for the Festival of the Arts. I will be honest by saying that it is not. There really was never a big queue line for the show, and if there was, there was never a lot of dining package people. So, you would easily get in and still have a great or decent seat depending when you got in line. The dining package only has the first 3 rows on the left side of the stage reserved. The rest of the theater is stand by.

After the shows, it was time to exit the theater. :(

However, you probably might have guessed that I would stand around and wait to hopefully meet Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland.

Well, that moment happened!!!!

First I would get to meet Josh Strickland. He was very nice, and I would get to talk to him. I just got to mention different things like I have been wanting to see him perform for many years, different songs from the Broadway version of Tarzan that I really like, etc. I even mentioned that one of the songs that he sang this evening means a lot to me (video below). He was very gracious to get a picture for me. Gotta love the Disney California Adventure mickey hat! :D

Up next, I got to meet Ashley Brown. This was a little shorter meet since she was trying to see everyone and they would have to get going soon. However, I mentioned that I always wanted to see her as Mary Poppins, but I was happy that I got to finally see her perform this evening. She was very gracious and thankful that I flew all this way just to see her and Josh perform. She was also gracious to get a picture with me!

Well, if I wasn’t on cloud 9 while watching them perform, I was definitely on cloud 9 after getting to meet and talk to them. This was one incredible evening that I won’t forget anytime soon!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Disney On Broadway - Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland!

Here are videos of the concert I was waiting for most on this trip and waited years to see. It has been a dream of mine to see Ashley Brown (original Mary Poppins on Broadway) and Josh Strickland (original Tarzan on Broadway) in concert for many years. That dream finally came true this evening, and I made sure to take plenty of videos!

Josh Strickland Performing “Santa Fe” At EPCOT!

*MUST WATCH!*

Josh Strickland singing what is my favorite Broadway song ever written. That is “Santa Fe” from the Broadway Musical, Newsies! I was literally getting teary eyed during this performance of this song. “Santa Fe” means a lot to me for many personal reasons, and Josh Strickland performed an amazing performance of this song!

Ashley Brown Performing “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” w/ Josh Strickland At EPCOT!

*MUST WATCH!*

Ashley Brown performing a song from the Broadway Show that she played the title role for. That musical is Mary Poppins! In this video, Ashley Brown performs “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” with Josh Strickland!

Josh Strickland Performing “Strangers Like Me” At EPCOT!

*MUST WATCH!*

Josh Strickland performing a song from the Broadway Show that he played the title role for. That musical is Tarzan! In this video, Josh Strickland performs “Strangers Like Me!”

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Disney On Broadway - Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland!

Here are videos of the concert I was waiting for most on this trip and waited years to see. It has been a dream of mine to see Ashley Brown (original Mary Poppins on Broadway) and Josh Strickland (original Tarzan on Broadway) in concert for many years. That dream finally came true this evening, and I made sure to take plenty of videos!

Ashley Brown Performing “A Change In Me” At EPCOT!

*MUST WATCH!*

Ashley Brown also played Belle on Broadway, and this is a song from the Broadway Musical, Beauty and the Beast, called “A Change In Me!” This is a very beautiful song!

Josh Strickland Performing “My Strongest Suit” w/ Ashley Brown At EPCOT!

*MUST WATCH!

Josh Strickland singing a song from the Broadway Musical, Aida, called “My Strongest Suit!” I wasn’t as familiar with the musical Aida, but this song was awesome! Also, I later found out that this song is originally performed by a female. Awesome performance of this song!

Ashley Brown Performing “Monster” At EPCOT!

*MUST WATCH!*

Ashley Brown performing a brand new song written for the Broadway Musical, Frozen, called “Monster!”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter