When and where to find this spider cake on Halloween cruise?

ciniminis

When I grow up, I want to retire
So we'll be on the Fantasy 9/23 cruise which became Western, and happens to have the exact same ports we did last year. Well one thing DD is determined to do differently this time is that WE WILL NOT MISS THE SPIDER CAKE AGAIN lol... Does anyone know which day/which menu this is offered in?

Here's a picture:
Disney-Cruise-Line-Halloween-Spider-Cake.jpg

Your help is much appreciated!

So we'll be on the Fantasy 9/23 cruise which became Western, and happens to have the exact same ports we did last year. Well one thing DD is determined to do differently this time is that WE WILL NOT MISS THE SPIDER CAKE AGAIN lol... Does anyone know which day/which menu this is offered in?

Here's a picture:

Is that your picture? Can you tell what day the picture was taken? You can check the Navigators for your cruise and see what menu was being served that day.

Is that your picture? Can you tell what day the picture was taken? You can check the Navigators for your cruise and see what menu was being served that day.
No not mine - that's a picture I found online (for DCL Halloween cruise) before our cruise last year. During the cruise I studied the menu most days but never found it, or at least I didn't recognize it by name - and when I finally asked our server he said it was a special only available in one of the previous days. Maybe I'll just ask them the first day this time:-)

No not mine - that's a picture I found online (for DCL Halloween cruise) before our cruise last year. During the cruise I studied the menu most days but never found it, or at least I didn't recognize it by name - and when I finally asked our server he said it was a special only available in one of the previous days. Maybe I'll just ask them the first day this time:-)
We had that one of the Halloween cruises we were one. But I'll have to look around for it. I'm thinking it's a special add-on on whatever day Halloween is on your cruise.

EDIT: well, the picture I'm looking for is on another computer and it's busy right now. I'll have to get back to this.

Last edited:

Thanks! Did it taste as good as the picture looks?
Well it was really just your run-of-the-mill chocolate cake with fudge topping and raspberry drizzle.

I find most desserts just OK onboard. Except, of course, for the Palo chocolate souffle and the Grand Marnier souffle.

Well it was really just your run-of-the-mill chocolate cake with fudge topping and raspberry drizzle.

I find most desserts just OK onboard. Except, of course, for the Palo chocolate souffle and the Grand Marnier souffle.

Is the Grand Marnier soufflé only at Palo?

What's the Signature menu?
The rotational menu that's served in those dining rooms. Each dining room has it's own Signature menu that's served 3 nights of every cruise (you'll have 3 different menus - one in each dining room). If your cruise is longer than 3 nights, the other nights the same menu is served in all 3 dining rooms each night - Pirate night; Welcome Aboard, Captain's Gala, Prince & Princess menus are examples of that.

So basically the Signature menu is that particular dining room's menu offered on a regular day (no special event menu)? So on my upcoming cruise I will have Tritons, and on that evening I will find that Grand Marnier soufflé?

Here's a picture:

It was not offered on any of the menus during our Halloween cruise last year. It was part of the Anyone Can Cook program. We watched the chef make it and then they brought us some of the cake, but we didn't get whole spiders. My daughter and I were pretty disappointed.

So basically the Signature menu is that particular dining room's menu offered on a regular day (no special event menu)? So on my upcoming cruise I will have Tritons, and on that evening I will find that Grand Marnier soufflé?
Typically, the first 3 nights of any given cruise is the rotational menus. Each dining room serves it's own menu. So, the first 3 nights Triton's will have the same menu being served (different group of diners each night), and on those nights that's when the Grand Marnier Souffle will be served.

The subsequent nights all dining rooms serve the same menu. What menus those may be vary depending on what theme nights are onboard that cruise.

Now, that can vary, on occasion, of course.

Typically, the first 3 nights of any given cruise is the rotational menus. Each dining room serves it's own menu. So, the first 3 nights Triton's will have the same menu being served (different group of diners each night), and on those nights that's when the Grand Marnier Souffle will be served.

The subsequent nights all dining rooms serve the same menu. What menus those may be vary depending on what theme nights are onboard that cruise.

Now, that can vary, on occasion, of course.

Understood, so bottom line is the first night in Lumierres I should find that option?

As a matter of fact I'm a fan of the Grand Marnier souffle. No matter which restaurant I'm at I ask for 2. The servers will gladly bring them to you. Enjoy!!!!

Even those desserts do not top a Mickey Bar for me. However, at Palo, I do get the ice assortment. However, I wish one offering was plain strawberry, it was strawberry basil when we dined in August.

I have a picture of us eating the spider desert on the Semi-formal night. We were in Enchanted garden for that night. I don't really remember the desert so that leads me to believe it was only ok!

1gSICCmn33DRP718jINJ5ibw8aY4l6BlxmcLhRnfy7UohX9aK6fz7EuVheJZXtdTKZiueMytfGc7D9InkzuHp7mpRayrS2DE-MqbE11j5cxTUNbVs869CXhTJLkG6luLuzsXqB60tXHoqV3tHizAb38oRLQiQ1x0Db9ZtoQCUD5o1vWMS-jCI97LEXBBLZeGLgxRiat52c6DwSHm4UNyCopelPenMG8wJS7ThTLaUQArm5Di2Bp8aQYW6gknaHkJppNgGBpGbUhxk3C2rG9VOWeiEwkmT1ud_THOV2-t0c5bOtHxaaZY6anCKfNvrret0D--PIt_9CKv4Z7WJt-h9gWIfDIjJVW9taxaXiBANvLvoJ60bnbeuGrZEGGeMustZyuWHRjMTno62i25Zg6PlChBWncQgpg1cqL3oXjfm7zy0ljn0Jy988e9JEbvNImqx1S9dZmPAc2opHpRy87Xnmy9Xi7WpNtI8cTXnEy4t7VpAGXa8SxPgcGrfUPajH5i2fmMutw_hGEsGZzs-9hGJJjnhjNr51rIJOGdyJjBIxF4CBetjfzLIGvXtWMxRbYxQbFFAy-W7CLR5GvFIkxACJDCmw8EN85TWrNns4eY5Lc=w723-h963-no

We had that one of the Halloween cruises we were one. But I'll have to look around for it. I'm thinking it's a special add-on on whatever day Halloween is on your cruise.

EDIT: well, the picture I'm looking for is on another computer and it's busy right now. I'll have to get back to this.

OK, found the picture, but the other computer is being stubborn. We had that spider cake on our Halloween night. It wasn't on the menu, the server brought it out "for the table" after delivering our ordered desserts. I didn't look around so can't report if other tables also got one.

I'm still working on getting that picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!