When and where to find this spider cake on Halloween cruise?

Many thanks! It seems somewhat of an elusive item, so I don't feel so bad not having spotted it on the last cruise. Will ask servers about it and see if we can get one this time - DS is a bit of a chocoholic (myself not so much) so he'll probably love it even if it's really only an average chocolate cake.

And since Grand Marnier soufflé was mentioned in the thread, here're some pictures I took of that:

Grand Marnier Soufflé in Palo
P1040044_palo.jpg

Grand Marnier Soufflé in Royal Court
P1030839_royal.jpg

This last one was not on DCL, but was the best Grand Marnier soufflé I've had. The server dropped a spoonful of the stracciatella gelato right into the warm center of the soufflé in front of me - so it not only had a contrast of textures , but also a contrast of very different temperatures all in the same mouthful... From l'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in NYC (sadly closed now, but I believe there's one in Vegas and other locations around the globe).
P1030342_robuchon.jpg

I thought Palo's options were chocolate or amaretto. When did they start grand marnier?

You know what, the Palo one very well could have been Amaretto... We were so full by the time the desserts came, I couldn't eat much of mine and only remember the flavor to be a liquor - which of course Grand Marnier and Amaretto both are. I have a picture of the printed menu but that only mentions chocolate souffle, so the other flavor was one of that night's special that the server told us about.

The one from Royal Court was definitely Grand Marnier, but wasn't served piping hot and wasn't as good as it could have been.

Now the Robuchon one... that was DIVINE.

Last edited:

If you miss this on your cruise, you could easily make it at home. Instead of cake (because I don't care for cake) do a couple of scoops of ice cream and twizzlers or pretzel rods for the legs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!