When are we supposed to get the 2021 point charts?

Gary Carter

GrryC
Its got to be soon, right? We have only been members for about a year so there's a lot of nuance I guess I still don't get; but were only a few months away from the 11 month booking window. A small part of me is concerned (let me put my tin foil hat on real quick) they will try to pull the mess they did with the 2020 chart again, but not have enough time built in for us to gripe enough, so they "wont be able" to change it.

In the last several years, the new annual point charts have typically been released in last week of December. That is what happened in 2018 for the 2020 point charts and then, following members' overwhelming objections, they were withdrawn and new ones issued matching the 2019 charts just before the drop-dead date, Jan 26, 2019, when members could start making reservations that included the night of Jan 1, 2020.

As far as the latest date ever for when new charts were issued, other than the revised charts for 2020, it was mid-January, 2009, when DVC released the new 2010 charts that made major changes by shifting large numbers of points from weekends to weekdays.

Last edited:
Since the number of points allocated can't change too much; I have been basing my calculations on the 2020 chart. I know holidays will change this, but it had been helpful.

They should be available at the annual meeting, on Dec 12th.

Last year, I think they held them until after the meeting due to the change they tried with the lock off. I think if they are planning changes that might cause some griping, they might hold off again so people can’t question there.

They should be available at the annual meeting, on Dec 12th.

I remember one year where they passed out the hard copy planner books after the annual meeting. But that's easily been 6-7 years ago and those books aren't even produced anymore.

The original 2020 charts were published on approximately December 19, 2018.
The 2019 charts were released approximately December 23, 2017.
The 2018 charts approximately December 27, 2016.
The 2017 charts approximately December 25, 2015.

I remember one year where they passed out the hard copy planner books after the annual meeting. But that's easily been 6-7 years ago and those books aren't even produced anymore.

The original 2020 charts were published on approximately December 19, 2018.
The 2019 charts were released approximately December 23, 2017.
The 2018 charts approximately December 27, 2016.
The 2017 charts approximately December 25, 2015.

What was the year that it was as last minute as they could possibly get in late January? Jan 2010 for the 2011 charts when that reallocation was done?

They actually do produce books with point charts to give out on DCL. I’ve asked for and received one last year. I went to a non member presentation.

Last year, I think they held them until after the meeting due to the change they tried with the lock off. I think if they are planning changes that might cause some griping, they might hold off again so people can’t question there.
I think you're entirely right. The email announcing the meeting location, time, etc. stated the Q&A would be limited to items on the agenda. I think the possibility of their putting the points charts on the agenda - especially if they've tried again to increase the lock off premium - is essentially nil. The last thing they want is one of the knowledgeable, analytical members to ask them challenging questions about reallocating points.

I think you're entirely right.

As I illustrated earlier in this thread, the point charts are consistently released after the scheduled condo meeting date. The timing was not altered in 2018.

The email announcing the meeting location, time, etc. stated the Q&A would be limited to items on the agenda. I think the possibility of their putting the points charts on the agenda - especially if they've tried again to increase the lock off premium - is essentially nil. The last thing they want is one of the knowledgeable, analytical members to ask them challenging questions about reallocating points.

Similarly, the open mic Q&A has been limited to budget items for 5+ years now. DVC will make executives available after the formal meeting for individual questions.

DVC would never attempt to address a topic of that complexity in an open mic session. Even if they feel their approach to the reallocation is entirely proper and defensible, they aren't going to spend 20 minutes explaining it to hundreds of people with charts and graphs. In all likelihood, they would politely request that the questioner speak with them during the reception afterward or arrange a meeting or call with the relevant DVC staffers.

Just noticed under my notifications it says reallocation has taken place and you can view the new points charts now.

Interesting that there are 7 seasons for 2021. We usually travel in May & October, and one went down, while the other went up. 2021 will actually cost us about 35 points less than 2020.

It looks like I'm going to benefit from the new points chart. Seems it will cost me a few less points based on my normal travel pattern. I'm glad this new system isn't going to have a negative effect on my DVC.

I want to correct my post from yesterday. I moved too quickly, it appears I will be spending more points for my normal stay. Based on our 2020 plans I would have to put out an additional 14 points. That doesn't really make me happy but I'm not sure what can be done about it. I don't plan on changing my travel to the first 19 days of Sept. I guess I need time to adjust to this new bit of information and more time to analyze the new points chart. :(

I want to correct my post from yesterday. I moved too quickly, it appears I will be spending more points for my normal stay. Based on our 2020 plans I would have to put out an additional 14 points. That doesn't really make me happy but I'm not sure what can be done about it. I don't plan on changing my travel to the first 19 days of Sept. I guess I need time to adjust to this new bit of information and more time to analyze the new points chart. :(

Im sorry that it is going to be a change for the worse for you. Maybe, once you get a chance to look at 2021 more closely, you’ll find a way to adjust some of your travel to benefit you!

Thanks Sandisw, we usually travel in Jan which I'm guessing by the way the points are listed is supposed to be the 2nd most reasonable time to travel. Based on that I don't think (unless I'm willing to stay in a BW/GV studio for two weeks or go Sept 1-19, which I'm not) that it isn't going to workout for me... I say thanks a lot to all those people who where hoping and praying for a redistribution of points, hope it works out for you because it doesn't appear to be working out for me.

Based on the new pts for my 2 week trip in Jan it's going to cost me an additional 4 pts to stay in SVS, the pts remain the same for a BW/GVS. If I get a SV1BR its going to cost me and additional 24 pts or I can get a BW/GV1BR for an additional 22 pts. I don't plan on spending 2 weeks in a studio so I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it unless there is someway to have this new distribution of points overturned. I don't expect that to be an option.

Merry Christmas to us all from WDW. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter