When are you planning go to Galaxy Edge?

When are you going to visit Galaxy Edge?

• As soon as I can

Votes: 49 39.5%
  • After hype calm down

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • As soon as reservations are not required?

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Why wait?

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 31 25.0%

• Total voters
I have two reservations for this fall (one for mid-Sept, one for Mid-october), made well before the opening annoucement (and made when the opening wasn't really expected until November/December. Basically a final trip before the AP runs out. Which is funny because I originally got the AP when I did (Nov. 2018) to hopefully do this .. have a "1-2 punch" and be able to experience TSL in 2018 and SWGE and the skyliners in 2019.

I am deciding which to keep (leaning towards October - simply due to its my daughter's birthday and slightly less heat). No idea how SWGE will be .. the EXTRA EXTRA magic hours is nice, but not thrilled about "having" to get up super early to avoid the crowds (with smaller children in tow)

I want to say as soon as I can, but I don't know when that will be. I will be in WDW on 6/20 (15 days!!!!!) and I really don't know when my next trip will be I would love for it to be 2020. I know 2021 is gonna be just as busy with the 50th.

Yeah, that's not an answer really. :)

Either Dec 2020 or Spring of 2021 before I make it back there. Will have to see if I make it to SWGE then

We are going to try in November for my wife’s birthday, she is a big fan
My bday is in November, Im a HUGE SW fan and enjoyed the preview of SWGE at Celebration in Chicago in April. I hope we get in 11/18-11/22 on our trip.May the Force be With You!

Our next trip is most likely going to be summer of 2021. So I'll be checking it out then. Wish we could go sooner but it's not in the budget.

We will be there when it opens (booked well before it was announced to be opening) so we may see it then, but if not I might book a bounce back for next summer (if available) and plan to go then. Which would be when things have calmed down a little? I was not planning to go next year, but things change :)

I'm thinking of planning a last minute trip the weekend of labor day, as our APs expire on September 6 of this year and I want to squeeze as much out of that as I can. but I'm thinking of avoiding DHS altogether that trip, even though I would love to catch a glimpse of the land even if I don't get to ride the ride. Then, after that we wouldn't be back until 2021-2022. Hoping for 2021 to be there for the 50th, but we'll see.

I just booked an early December trip, I can't wait to see it! I was planning on going this December anyway, so this will be extra nice!

Probably not for at least a year. Haven't even been to Toy Story Land yet. We avoided HS entirely the last 2 trips. Nothing to see here... move along!

Our trip is planned for Jan 2020, we go the same week pretty often and its normally perfect with super low crowds. Hoping that means it won't be horrible in SWGE then. I'd imagine it'll be busy but hopefully not a zoo at that point.

Last year we went to WDW in Sept 2018, we went to Toy Story land that year and it had just opened in June. It was busy there but not super miserably busy. I know SWGE is bringing in a bigger crowd but I'm hoping it'll be a similar situation!

I chose "other".

a) I wouldn't even consider going until at least Rise of the Resistance is open. Not spending 1000's of dollars on a trip until the everything is completed (especially the game changing star attraction of the land)
b) I'm also waiting until things reasonably die down and they sort out either FP+ or some form of paid FP system for the attraction. I'm not waiting 2+ hours for rides

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts