• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When are you typically "done" with the 10k?

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I signed up for the Run for the Taste 10k and am wondering when is an average time that you're done with the race and heading back to the hotel. This is my first 10k and I've only done the half marathons before (and even with that, it's been a couple years).

I may need to leave Disney World at around 12pm for a flight. It seems like I'll have plenty of time to get back to the hotel to grab my stuff and hop in an Uber, but I'm trying to figure out a ballpark time that I'll be done at the race for an idea of how much time (if any) I'll have to relax before heading to airport.

I run a 9-10 min mile, but figure I'll be in one of the last corrals since I won't be submitting a proof of time.

Thanks!

Usually the back of the packers cross around 8 AM from what I remember. Barring any surprise delay starts you’ll probably be okay.

I signed up for the Run for the Taste 10k and am wondering when is an average time that you're done with the race and heading back to the hotel. This is my first 10k and I've only done the half marathons before (and even with that, it's been a couple years).

I may need to leave Disney World at around 12pm for a flight. It seems like I'll have plenty of time to get back to the hotel to grab my stuff and hop in an Uber, but I'm trying to figure out a ballpark time that I'll be done at the race for an idea of how much time (if any) I'll have to relax before heading to airport.

I run a 9-10 min mile, but figure I'll be in one of the last corrals since I won't be submitting a proof of time.

Thanks!
There is no POT for 10Ks, you just put in an expected pace.

Recent runDisney trend is to have their morning races start at 5am (Spring Time 10k shows that start time as well). If you enter a 9-10 min/mile estimate at registration (there is no POT for a 10k), then you'll be seeded towards the front of the race. I'd estimate a 5:16am start on a 5:00am gun time start to the race based on a 8-10 mm submission. If you run a 10:00 min/mile (the high side of your estimate), then it will take you about 62 min to finish the race. That puts you at 6:18am. Here's a potential hiccup, if Spring Time is like Marathon Weekend, the runDisney bus transportation does not begin running again until 7:00am for the 10k. So while you may finish at 6:18am, you can't head back to the hotel until 7:00am at the earliest. We won't know this timing definitively until the Event Guide for Spring Time comes out (usually 3-4 weeks before the event). So let's just assume a 7am bus. It'll take about 30 min to get back. So that's 7:30am, you're back to your hotel if you're on one of the first buses back. Hope that helps!

Recent runDisney trend is to have their morning races start at 5am (Spring Time 10k shows that start time as well). If you enter a 9-10 min/mile estimate at registration (there is no POT for a 10k), then you'll be seeded towards the front of the race. I'd estimate a 5:16am start on a 5:00am gun time start to the race based on a 8-10 mm submission. If you run a 10:00 min/mile (the high side of your estimate), then it will take you about 62 min to finish the race. That puts you at 6:18am. Here's a potential hiccup, if Spring Time is like Marathon Weekend, the runDisney bus transportation does not begin running again until 7:00am for the 10k. So while you may finish at 6:18am, you can't head back to the hotel until 7:00am at the earliest. We won't know this timing definitively until the Event Guide for Spring Time comes out (usually 3-4 weeks before the event). So let's just assume a 7am bus. It'll take about 30 min to get back. So that's 7:30am, you're back to your hotel if you're on one of the first buses back. Hope that helps!

Thank you everyone, this is all really helpful! I signed up so quickly that I didn't even realize that there's no POT for the 10k.

DopeyBadger, your details are just what I needed to have an idea of what the morning timing would be like--thank you! Super helpful detail on when the buses usually start running again.

I'm usually done by about mile 5....

I'll see myself out.
I was running a Star Wars 10K and a little boy running his first 10K was loudly announcing that he was ready for it to be over around mile 5. I replied by saying "just wait until he gets the medal and then he'll be excited to do another one." Lots of knowing laughter followed that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter