When booking as platinum question

Kritn4

Earning My Ears
As a platinum member if I book my 14 y.o. daughter (platinum) in her grandparents stateroom will they be able to benefit from her status. Will they be able to check in early? Will they be able to do the free dinner at Palo?

Or should I book a platinum adult in each stateroom? Wasn’t sure if 18+ must be in room to get the benefits.
Thanks for any input!

As a platinum member if I book my 14 y.o. daughter (platinum) in her grandparents stateroom will they be able to benefit from her status. Will they be able to check in early? Will they be able to do the free dinner at Palo?

Or should I book a platinum adult in each stateroom? Wasn’t sure if 18+ must be in room to get the benefits.
Thanks for any input!

You just need one platinum member in the cabin. We did this with my nephew when he was a platinum child and we put him in the room with his non-platinum grandparents. They got the free Palo meal.

Will they be able to check in early?
I was unaware that Platinum had any early check in privilege. I thought it was just concierge that got on first, and that Platinum/Gold/Silver/newbies all select a PAT.

I was unaware that Platinum had any early check in privilege. I thought it was just concierge that got on first, and that Platinum/Gold/Silver/newbies all select a PAT.
I was referring to online check-in. As platinum you can check in 120 days out.

Just off the phone with Disney... they said early online check in but no free Palo. The platinum member in the room must attend the dinner so must be 18+.

Platinum guests (that is, guests in a room with at least 1 Platinum member) do not select a Port Arrival Time -- they can arrive at the port any time after it opens. Early check-in at the port often correlates with receiving an early boarding number, but that is not guaranteed for Platinum the way it is for Concierge.

Platinum guests (that is, guests in a room with at least 1 Platinum member) do not select a Port Arrival Time -- they can arrive at the port any time after it opens. Early check-in at the port often correlates with receiving an early boarding number, but that is not guaranteed for Platinum the way it is for Concierge.

Actually, that's not true. From the Disney Cruise site re Castaway Club benefits:

"Platinum members can enjoy priority check-in in the concierge area of the cruise terminal. Then receive priority boarding following Concierge Guests."

Platinum members can board at any time once concierge boarding has been called.

Thanks! I did not remember that from our past 2 cruises. Sorry about that.

It’s my understanding that the whole cabin will have the benefits of the highest Castaway member. While your daughter may not attend Palo your parents will be able to.
FYI: your daughter will only be able to get off the ship with the adults in the cabin she is assigned to.
When your parents (or you 😊💕) do your online check in there is a form (box to fill out) that will allow the other adults in the party to take her off the ship. You can also go to Guest Services the day you board and fill out the form. Also she will have to go to the lifeboat drill to the cabin she is assigned.

We are Platinum a few times over and always get boarding group 1 which boards right after Concierge/handicapped guests. And yes, even though the Platinum guest is not 18 the adults sharing the cabin with her/him can get the comp Palo meal.

Many times the phone reps give out inaccurate info. I was recently told on the phone that standard inside staterooms on the Fantasy did not have the live feed on Magical Portholes...only the Deluxe Inside cabin did which was incorrect.

MJ

Thanks everyone! I was pretty sure I had read that it didn’t matter the age of the platinum member. I booked with adult platinum in each room. But I guess once we are on board we can switch up our homes!!!

Thanks everyone! I was pretty sure I had read that it didn’t matter the age of the platinum member. I booked with adult platinum in each room. But I guess once we are on board we can switch up our homes!!!
Except the KTTW card may be an issue as her KTTW card will only open "her" door...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter