When can I book for New Year?

Frances999

DIS Veteran
We are planning to go to DLRP for New Years Eve this year. The official DLP website will not allow booking for this far ahead ...is there anywhere else that will allow me to book now? If not, when will the booking opening for this period be released?

Thank you!

:jumping1:

Hi Frances,

I'm chomping at the bit to book for Feb 2006 myself - I think they release "Winter 05" schedule in May from what I've gathered here?

Where are you planning to stay? (Just being nosey!)

HTH

Karen

Hi Karen, :wave:

Thanks for the information. May seems a while off, I wonder why they leave it so late before they allow bookings? :confused3

I haven't totally decided where to stay yet. If we can save enough, I would like (of course ;) ) to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. However, it is a bit of a nightmare for us at DLP because most of the regular rooms only sleep 4 and there are no roll-aways, so that means we have to get 2 rooms which seriously bumps up the cost.

Sequoia Lodge appeals to me, particularly at Christmas time with the mountainous theming, but I don't really like the look of the rooms from the photograph's I have seen. Newport Bay Club is nice, but I think it would be way too crowded during New Year, you can really "feel" the crowds here because it is so huge.

As you will see, I haven't quite decided! In 2002 when we went for NYE I called AirMiles and they got as a fantastic deal. All the hotels were full except the DLH, and we got 2 rooms plus flights for just over £1,000 plus some airmiles (for 3 nights). We flew out 29th and back on the 1st January. It was truly magical being in the park at midnight and the atmosphere was amazing! WDW was great too though, but there is no way we will be able to go back there!!

:jumping1:

When you can book,how do you do it? Direct,Travel Agent,Internet....

When we have gone in the past we've been with tour opperatours on a coach/eurostar package.

Just wondering if thats the best way or if its cheeper to book everything yourself. :confused3

:earsgirl:

sharon78 said:
When you can book,how do you do it? Direct,Travel Agent,Internet....

When we have gone in the past we've been with tour opperatours on a coach/eurostar package.

Just wondering if thats the best way or if its cheeper to book everything yourself. :confused3

:earsgirl:
Hi Sharon,

As far as I am aware DLRP is actually very difficult for booking everything separately (unlike WDW). However; you can call DLP direct and book a "Room + Tickets" only package and then work out your own transportation. EasyJet fly to CDG now, and EuroStar occasionaly offer discounted fares on their website.

:wizard:

How funny Frances - I am also dithering about where to stay in February (sorry, not accusing you of dithering - I mean me!) though I only have two children so thankfully won't have to get two rooms!

Did you see the thread I posted about people's opinions of where to stay? I found that very helpful. I'll find it for you if you missed it - was only a few weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter