When can I start planning?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

It's 519 days before my Bermuda cruise and I am wondering when (and what) will I be able to book activities and specialty dining and drinks packages?

Thanks in advance !

I believe you can begin booking about six months out from your sail date. We're cruising the southern Caribbean circuit in Late Fall 2018 and wont be able to get the fun stuff planning until May/June next year. Because vendors change, prices flux, plans cancel, and all that other jazz is why the line has you wait.

To get a general sense of WHAT is available, check the excursions list and you'll see the types of things offered at the port.

There's no rhyme or reason. For my last 2 cruises everything was available to book more than a year in advance. For my next cruise in February the only thing available so far are excursions, First Night Done Right, Chops lunch and Ultimate Dining Package

I've seen some comments about things going on sale, like the drink package. Is that pretty common? How will I know - will I just have to keep checking the RC website daily? Our cruise is June 2018; should I even bother watching this early? I follow RC on FB - would they advertise sales on these extras on FB? Do other things like excursions, specialty dining, dining plans, character meals, or other activities go on sale?

I've seen some comments about things going on sale, like the drink package. Is that pretty common? How will I know - will I just have to keep checking the RC website daily? Our cruise is June 2018; should I even bother watching this early? I follow RC on FB - would they advertise sales on these extras on FB? Do other things like excursions, specialty dining, dining plans, character meals, or other activities go on sale?
You should go onto cruisecritic and join the meets thread for your particular cruise. The people will post when they see things open up on the website.
Denise

I sometimes get emails for sales. Like the previous poster mentioned if you sign up for cruise critic you'll see it there. I think they do announce the sales on FB.
Yes they do have sales for excursions and specialty dining.

The 20% off of the Deluxe packages seems to be the norm now. It's been going on for over a year, but they do sometimes offer a bigger discount for certain cruises.

What ship are you doing? (I can't read your bottom ticker.) I am on the Anthem this summer. Our onboard activities except the Escape Room opened up in the beginning of April. There have been lots of sales on the drink package and internet, but I got a good deal back in October and I haven't seen any of their other sales match the prices I already paid. Reading on CC, there are many posts about how there is no rhyme and reason to when things are open for booking for RCCL, so keep checking. This also goes for sales -- always check because you never know you may find a better sale price.

Anthem of the Seas for 5 nights Bermuda. :)

I got 735$ CND (equals 525$ USD) per person for an inside room... Which is pretty much what we were hoping to score as a last minute deal ... but now we get to plan it a long time in advance. :)

Nice deal. We are doing the nine night itinerary this summer. Did our online checkin on day 90 except for uploading the picture. From what I read if you do the online checkin including the picture, it doesn't take long to get on the ship. I am anxiously checking everyday for the Escape Room sign up as it is highly recommended, but based on reports it is iffy whether or not I will see it under my activities. Some never see it show up but yet have a hard time getting a time when they get on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter