When cast members say "oh yeah, looks like everything is almost booked for 2020" - do they actually know?

Farro

Argh.
I've read so many posts here and on other social media sites where people are saying phone CMs are telling them rooms are booked up for 2020, no discounts will be coming out, even down to the percentage of rooms left.
Heck, when I was switching my own hotel reservation for 2020, they told me a certain view was already sold out for my early May dates. (except then he "double-checked" and it was magically available)

Knowing most of the general public doesn't even know you can book room only before the 2020 prices come out, do these CMs actually know what they are talking about? One CM told someone the percentage that was sold out.

Are they just saying things for the sake of saying something? I'm just wondering, I've not seen this phenomenon before.

If it it's true, apparently 2020 is already sold out. ;)

One year I called to make a change to my reservation and the CM urged me to buy my MVMCP tickets fast because nights were selling out already! It was early in the year and I knew better so asked which nights. She said she could only list the ones still available and listed every single night the party was being held that week.

One year I called to make a change to my reservation and the CM urged me to buy my MVMCP tickets fast because nights were selling out already! It was early in the year and I knew better so asked which nights. She said she could only list the ones still available and listed every single night the party was being held that week.

Some first timers probably fall for that stuff. DIS Veterans obviously know better.

Oh, yeah. They are definitely sold out. WDW has, what, approximately 30,000 total rooms on property? Yup, all sold out for every night in 2020. Sorry folks - we're all out!

Seriously, whoever started this rumor is a marketing genius. The phone lines will be jammed and the WDW website will probably crash on June 18. I can't even tell you how many posts I've seen on social media by people who think some big promo is being released that day. It's going to be a WDW rack-rate feeding frenzy.

Disney IT is TOTAL crap. It could be inventory system screw ups. As for them telling people left and right there won't be anymore discounts because ya know SWGE!... lol. Rest assured front line reps have ZERO clue about Disney releasing discounts. None.

Last edited:
ROFL. My first trip I had a CM tell me I couldn't make room requests because I'd booked through Orbitz and that basically everything was going to be messed up and Disney really needed to be in charge of it so she really recommended I cancel my booking and book with her right then. At rack rate of course. Even newbie me knew to hang up and do some research. From that I found out Orbitz could make my request. She was very aggressive about telling me how my trip was in so much trouble and I absolutely needed to re-book with her right then. Disney is as much buyer beware as any other company.

I'm just surprised at how easily this misinformation seems to fall out of their mouths. To actually tell someone that values are 90% sold out for next year with it not being true, I'm surprised they are allowed to do that.

I know not to listen to most of what they say on the phone, it's just a shame that it has to be that way. :)

Last edited:
In planning for our recent trip to Disney, most things we could do online, but a few times had to call to update something. The Disney people you get on the phone are all over the map. Some were very helpful, while others gave answers that made no sense. It mostly seems to depend on who you get on the phone and perhaps the ones who don't know or are too lazy to look up the information just guess about an answer. Others tried to sound like they were knowledgeable, when they had no idea what they were talking about. If you get a questionable answer, just try calling back in an hour and you will probably get someone else who will be more helpful.

The online Disney chat feature from their website also works well and seems run by people who know what they are talking about. However, some things on your reservation can only be updated by using the phone.

How would they already be sold out if you cant book them yet? Can you book via phone just not online?

How would they already be sold out if you cant book them yet? Can you book via phone just not online?

Now that I think of it, it's accurate: It's sold out for booking before it's open for booking! In other words, since there is zero availability before you can actually book, the available inventory is technically sold out.

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter