when did Disney offer the FREE DD??

hopelea

I love everything DISNEY!!
My MIL just told us that she would like to go to DW with us in the fall. Dates are really flexible. She has NEVER been. I do remember Disney offering FREE DD plan last year. I was thinking I would hold off booking something and see if that happens again this year!! Thanks! :teeth:

It was offered roughly mid August to early October. I think the offer for it showed up around June or July though... HTH.

That does help. I think I am going to wait to book our November trip. We are flexible and if they offered that again, we would go then.

Thanks

Free Dining was offered at the very END of August (when the season switched from Regular back to Value) and was valid for check-ins through October 4. If you checked in by October 4 you could have the free dining for up to 10 nights, so if you arrived on October 4 you could have had free dining Oct. 4-13. For anyone checking in October 5 or after the dining plan was regular price. (I remember this because our trip was Oct. 14-23.)

According to Mousesavers the free dining was available for check ins from August 21st through October 4th.
The offer became available on June 2nd expired on July 3ed

The same offer was made available again toward the end of July; it had to be booked by mid-August and was still valid for the dates listed above (post # 7)

hopelea,

If the only reason you are waiting is to see if they offer the free dining, I would do a search on the subject. There are 2 thoughts on why they offered this: hurricane season in 2004 was very bad and bookings were very low, and the dining plan was new and they wanted to get people hooked on it (worked with us!) We are going again at the end of August, and as much as I would love to see this deal again, I don't believe we will.

I believe this was first offered through postcard/ email offers with pin numbers. Then a month or so later it was offered to anyone else with a code. :)

DH and I are hoping for free dining again...but, we also realize that unless the Hurricane season this year is as bad as last year, free dining probably won't come back.

DH and I are going in September with or without free dining!

Were going again this September. Were hooked on the free dining. Heck, my DW wanted to know the cost of the premium plan so we could have 3 meals a day. :rolleyes:

However, the difference in cost between dining and premium was too much. Maybe, they'll do a plan with 3 meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter