When Did I get Voted Off of Skinny Island #2: Castaway's Land Ho!!!!

Wow.

WOW!

I completely wasn't expecting the knock on the door... and having this handed to me:

IMAG0199.jpg

Thank you so flippin' much -- to all of you here on "Skinny Island." :grouphug: My 4 year old almost knocked me down when she saw that it was an Edible Arrangement. :rotfl:

Anyway, to everyone here and to Heather, my sincerest "thank you" -- :grouphug::thanks::o

Cool!! I should have tried harder!!

LOL

Congrats to MissO&A (what IS your name, I'm too lazy to type out your whole screen name :rotfl2: )!! It was a well deserved victory!

Congrats to MissO&A (what IS your name, I'm too lazy to type out your whole screen name :rotfl2: )!! It was a well deserved victory!
:laughing: Thanks very much. "Wenna" is fine; MissOutandAbout is such a pain in the butt for to type out -- don't know what I was thinking. :eek:

The strawberries are absolutely divine! And, I even shared one with the hubby. ;) It was the first fruit either of us has had in 4 or so weeks -- deee-LISH.

Congrats to Miss out and about. Why is it when I type that, I hear it with a Canadian accent in my head??:confused3

Well, the pounds aren't coming off for me yet, but I am kicking my own butt with the treadmill workouts. I'm up to 2.14 miles in 40 minutes . Ok, I'm no where close to 13.1 miles - especially in a row, but I'm getting there. I think the fact that I am moving for 40 minutes at a time is a great start. We'll see what happens in the next month.

Hellllooooo... anyone still out there? I didn't get any weigh ins from anyone this week so I have no stats to update.

Just thought I would pop in and say hi as we were almost off the first page in the WISH thread. Not much to report. I am still pugging along with P90X but since there are some exercises that I can't do (don't have the cardio stamina yet) I am continuing with it but I have added Slim in 6 videos in the morning. That way if I can't do a P90X video I have at least already worked out and don't feel so bad.

Hellllooooo... anyone still out there? I didn't get any weigh ins from anyone this week so I have no stats to update.

Just thought I would pop in and say hi as we were almost off the first page in the WISH thread. Not much to report. I am still pugging along with P90X but since there are some exercises that I can't do (don't have the cardio stamina yet) I am continuing with it but I have added Slim in 6 videos in the morning. That way if I can't do a P90X video I have at least already worked out and don't feel so bad.

Yikes! I don't know why ... but I thought the thread was over! *smacks forehead*

Shall I wait until next week to send you my weigh-in or would you take a late one? :laughing:

I'll have to go look up P90X -- I keep reading lots of people are doing it, but I'm completely clueless what it is. I'm still building myself up to some real exercise, between the stressing out over silly things. Walking and some rowing machine. I find if I don't do either one on any given night ... the weight stays the same. (Obviously!) I really need to stay away from the scale -- curiosity's got this cat bad. :laughing:

Yikes! I don't know why ... but I thought the thread was over! *smacks forehead*

Shall I wait until next week to send you my weigh-in or would you take a late one?

I'll have to go look up P90X -- I keep reading lots of people are doing it, but I'm completely clueless what it is. I'm still building myself up to some real exercise, between the stressing out over silly things. Walking and some rowing machine. I find if I don't do either one on any given night ... the weight stays the same. (Obviously!) I really need to stay away from the scale -- curiosity's got this cat bad.

Just send me your weight next week.

Honestly if I had seen a P90X workout before I agreed to it I wouldn't be doing it yet. P90X is really designed for people who are in shape. It takes a lot of muscles and a lot of cardio stamina. If I was to rewind time I would do things differently. Really we jumped in at the top and it is okay for my hubby who is relatively fit but not for me. I should have started with the Slim in 6 or the Turbo Jam program. Then I should have moved up to the Power 90. Power 90 was the starter level program by Tony Horton. He then advanced the Power 90 program and introduced the P90X (hence the X at the end as in Xtreme). Once I mastered the Power 90 then I should have moved up to the P90X. I guess you just never want to admit that you are THAT out of shape and think you can do it.:laughing:

I'm still here too :wave2:. I'll just send you my weight next week too. I've been hanging on, but not really progressing.

My middle DD has started softball practice. The place they are practicing right now is about a 30 minute drive from home and her practices are 1.5 hours, so I just wait rather than driving back and forth. Anyway, some of the moms and I have started walking while we wait, so I'm getting in more exercise than I hardly ever done. We usually walk for about 1 hour and 15 minutes of the practice, but I must say it's kind of enjoyable to walk and talk!

That being said, it really hasn't helped in my weight loss front :confused:. I'm just pretty much staying the same. I think I've lost 1 pound from the last time I checked in here.

The other thing I can't figure out about myself is this: I consider myself to be in terrible shape. As bad as it is, I get slightly winded going up a full flight of steps, can't do aerobic activities for long, etc...but, this walking is really not bothering me at all. I don't know how fast we're walking, but we're clipping along at a pretty good pace. 2 of the women are real walkers, so they keep us moving.

I don't know why the walking isn't making me sore at all and honestly why I can do it as well as I can. I'm not complaining, just wondering.

I can answer that one!

Burning calories is a natural function of the body. And walking is one of the most common physical activities for the human body because (barring any physical limitations) people walk at least a little bit every day.

So your body gets really used to walking and can burn calories without you having to "feel" the burn. That's a myth from the 80's anyway...the "no pain, no gain" phrase. Obviously, the more strenuous exercises demand more of you and therefore often DO cause you to burn more calories, but that doesn't mean that a really effective workout needs to hurt.

A good walking program is one of the most effective methods for weight loss and weight maintenance. And if you're keeping up a pace where you can't sing but can still talk easily, you are hitting it perfectly.

I'd be willing to bet that if you are regulating your caloric intake and maintain this walking workout routine, you'll see some results in a couple of weeks!

Good luck!!

And Heather, I'm still here too and will be weighing in on Monday...although to tell you the truth, I think my experiment failed. I'm pretty sure I've just spent the last three weeks maintaining so the big dip on the scale that I was hoping for is not going to be realized!

I did great with my exercise routine this entire time (barring this week since I've been too sick to do anything hard core) but I've not been able to go a whole week without blowing the diet. I think I may be ready soon since spring has nearly sprung (in terms of temps) and the hibernation feeling is starting to fade...now it's just a matter of breaking the pattern of the bad habit binge eating!

So, so much for my little month long experiment without the scale. Oh well, even a failed experiment teaches me something and again, as long as I'm not gaining, I'm satisfied. Besides, DH weighed himself this week and was up about 10 pounds since we got back from Disney and I think I'm still down 8 from then so he figures I should count this winter a success.

Good luck on the rest of this week friends and I'm hoping to have good news come Monday!

I'm still here! I was gone for 10 days (DISNEY!) and gained a little, but I've been back since Saturday and it's going down a little! I'll weigh in next week too!

I can answer that one!

Burning calories is a natural function of the body. And walking is one of the most common physical activities for the human body because (barring any physical limitations) people walk at least a little bit every day.

So your body gets really used to walking and can burn calories without you having to "feel" the burn. That's a myth from the 80's anyway...the "no pain, no gain" phrase. Obviously, the more strenuous exercises demand more of you and therefore often DO cause you to burn more calories, but that doesn't mean that a really effective workout needs to hurt.

A good walking program is one of the most effective methods for weight loss and weight maintenance. And if you're keeping up a pace where you can't sing but can still talk easily, you are hitting it perfectly.

I'd be willing to bet that if you are regulating your caloric intake and maintain this walking workout routine, you'll see some results in a couple of weeks!

You know, that really makes sence. I don't consider myself sedentary because I'm up and down a lot, I just don't get any regular exercise (besides day to day activities). I am hoping that this new walking routine helps me. It does make me feel better! And I am at a pace where I definately couldn't sing, but can still talk with the group, so I'm probably pretty close to where I should be - I hope so anyway!

Sorry Heather...:rolleyes1

I've still got to get back into the swing of things for Monday a.m. weigh in's! I'll weigh in first thing tomorrow morning and report that one, okay?

Having said that, I'm expecting to be up a little from my last official weigh in a few weeks ago. I've been pigging out a lot (all of last week, in fact :scared1: ) and I haven't managed to get back on my raft long enough to make much difference. I think my last weigh in was 217.6 so I'm prolly in the 220ish range right now. :guilty:

Still, I have been exercising regularly and pretty much maintaining since the new year so I'm not too upset about it...just ready to move forward and start inching downward on that scale once again!! :woohoo:

Hope everyone has a great week! Let's get this thread going again...shall we?

I weighed in this morning and am down 1 from last week. Not great, but at least it's something.

Still trying to follow the WW plan, just not doing so great at it. I do fine at home, but when we eat out, I just throw it all out the window for some reason. I sit there and reason with myself while we're looking at the menu and have something good planned to order, but when our order is taken, my mouth just spits out my old favorites! Not a good thing!

Well, all I can do is improve, so here is to a great week!

Well, looking back, I guess it's not that bad...

My last official weigh in was 3/7. Then I went on vacation for 10 days.

I didn't officially weigh in last week, but I checked and I'd gained about 4 - 5 pounds during vacation.

Since 3/7, I'm only up 1.8! I didn't really expect to lose, being that we went on a cruise and to WDW on the dining plan, so I'm not too unhappy.

Now hopefully the weather will improve, the ice/snow will melt and I can get out walking more. Heaven knows I could use some more exercise and definitely some fresh air!!! We've had a run of germs through our house, including the dog, so I'd like to air it out!

Hi All,

I'm here as well. Hoping for things to settle down a bit didn't quite happen last week. Last Monday my Mom finally went to the doctor for a check up (she had been having pains near her lower breast bone for a couple of days). They put her in an ambulance and took her to the hospital to have two more stints in, and tell her she had another heart attach (last one was 7 years ago). She had to spend a couple days in the hospital and then finally checked herself out (she didn't want to stay in one more day). Needless to say, the stress has continued to be my life. She has been feeling much better this week and seems to have recovered quite well.

On the plus side, I have lost weight in the last couple of weeks.

We have continued to do the Boot Camp. I actually like the class and even when the weather is crummy the trainer makes it fun and the time just passes by so quickly.

The rain here has finally stopped so seeubg the sun shinning is making my mood SO much brighter.

Jane

Hello all :goodvibes

Glad the sun's made an appearance for you, 2_Eagle_Mom -- sounds much needed.

Mndisneygirl: Welcome home! And that's EXCELLENT! I'm dreading our Sept. trip and all the impending damage I'll be causing. :eek:

Down 2.4 from last week. Needless to say, I'm mildly stoked. :dance3:

Wishing everyone a brilliant week. :thumbsup2

Today my baby boy turns 6!! Apparently, six is an important age because (according to DS) you're finally old enough to take cough medicine! :rotfl2::lmao::laughing: Love that kiddo!!

Okay, down to business!

I weighed in this morning as promised and am up EXACTLY one pound from my last weigh in of February 28th! So, that's not too bad actually! Considering the pigging out that was done this past month, the fact that I have maintained my weight for a month is quite encouraging.

So far so good this week...I am determined to see a smaller number on the scale come Monday!

Wish me luck my determination holds...there's a DQ ice cream cake on the bill of fare for the birthday party this weekend. The last time we had one was 4 years ago and I :love: DQ ice cream cakes. I'm working out extra this week and trying to save most of my flex points so I can have a piece but I'm afraid of tomorrow night! Wednesday's are my Waterloo!

C'mon everybody! :yay: Let's have a GREAT week together so we have lots of good news to report come Monday! :cheer2:

Today my baby boy turns 6!! Apparently, six is an important age because (according to DS) you're finally old enough to take cough medicine! :rotfl2::lmao::laughing: Love that kiddo!!

:bday: to your son!!! Too funny about the cough medicine!!

We had a party this weekend with cake too - I did have some, no ice cream. Of course, there's leftovers on the counter just calling to me!!!

The weather is warming up a little - very gradually - so I'm hoping that I will get outside a bit more and walk the dog. It's better than nothing.

Julie - Happy Belated Birthday to your son!! Don't kids just say the funniest things sometimes. Oh the things my 6 year old niece has come out with lately, I wonder where it comes from.

Glad to hear and see everyone back. I had been busy lately but still plugging along. When I weighed in last Fri I was -1.8lbs. I'm not thrilled with it since that was after not weighing in for a month but I guess it is better than a + so I guess in that case I am okay with it. I have adjusted my food again as I still feel the P90X diet plan is too much food so we will see if that makes a difference. Heading out of town for a couple of days coming up so helathy eating will be a challenge but I am going to do my best. I will allow myself one meal where I can have whatever I want guilt free but other than that I have to be healthy. I am going to take some snacks with me as well as we will be driving for almost 9 hours and I find we tend to get bored in the car and I want to avoid the McD's or donunt drive thrus when bored.:rolleyes1

Here are last weeks totals
STITCHFAN -1

2_EAGLE_MOM -2.4

MNDISNEYGIRL -1.4

SKI_MOM -1

STACYBAEASM -0.7

DUTCHIE -1.8

HAUNTEDMANSIONMOMMA 0

MOM2FAITH -18

STAYHOMEMOM77 -7

MISSOUTANDABOUT -18

Total loss of -51.3lbs:woohoo:

Great work. Let's keep it up. For those of you who I haven't heard from in a while please let me know if you want me to keep your name on the list or send me an updated weight please:teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter