When did Jungle Cruise lose the rhino?

Gillbob316

Mouseketeer
So Jungle Cruise reopened tonight. Just got off it. Was surprised to see the rhino (Get the point in the end) had been replaced with hyenas.

I haven't been on the ride since February, so I'm not sure if this change is old news, or if it's new as of tonight, post-Irma damage.

I asked a CM when I got off the ride, but she dodged the question and sarcastically denied the absence of the rhino, in a very Jungle Cruisey fashion. (She did however indirectly suggest it should be back soon... while still not fully acknowledging what I was asking her. Not that I'm faulting her, it was all very much in line with a CM for that ride, haha)

But I digress: Rhino replaced with Hyenas! When!? New??

So Jungle Cruise reopened tonight. Just got off it. Was surprised to see the rhino (Get the point in the end) had been replaced with hyenas.

I haven't been on the ride since February, so I'm not sure if this change is old news, or if it's new as of tonight, post-Irma damage.

I asked a CM when I got off the ride, but she dodged the question and sarcastically denied the absence of the rhino, in a very Jungle Cruisey fashion. (She did however indirectly suggest it should be back soon... while still not fully acknowledging what I was asking her. Not that I'm faulting her, it was all very much in line with a CM for that ride, haha)

Those hyenas have always been around the Rhino, although they were kind of easy to miss as the rhino was obviously the main point of that scene. The rhino disappeared several months ago, presumably for maintenance, although not sure if anyone really knows? Guess it’s still not back.

We were last on Jungle Cruise January 27/17 and the rhino was missing at that time so it's been gone for awhile already.

We were going to check if it was back when we are down in a few weeks, but guess I already have my answer.

Yeah, the rhino has definitely been missing since Marathon Weekend (early January) this year.

Yeah, the Rhino has been gone for a while. How will that guy ever get the point in the end now? Hopefully it will come back at some point.

Skipper Emma at Skipper's Canteen said they took them away because rhinos are endangered.

I understand it but it's a shame. A classic Marc Davis scene.

We had her for SC too. Funny server. She serves at three different restaurants she said.

Then I might have been one of the last to see him! Because there was a rhino poking at a guy in a precarious position AND there were hyenas as well...

we were there Jan 12-20th 2017 ; our last MK day (w/Jungle Cruise FP+) was Jan 18 or 19...

We had her for SC too. Funny server. She serves at three different restaurants she said.

LOVED her! She told me she used to be a manager but wanted to switch to be a skipper. She was incredible.

I was on the keys to the kingdom tour at the end of August and the rhino is backstage with a broken horn. Our tour guide mentioned that it's waiting to be repaired.

It's been gone since around Jan/Feb. Maybe lengthy refurb
It was there in early January but yes it’s been gone since around that time. I have not heard of any possible return. It’s a shame really if it doesn’t come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter