When did ToT become a Cell Phone Experience

I wish they would ban video recording on all rides, but it should really be banned on ToT since the phone could be flying debris and someone else. This is why the vast majority of parks don't allow recordings on roller coasters or any other ride with a lot of movement.

It can slow down the queue a bit but I think universal did the right thing by bringing in metal detectors for their bigger coasters to ensure there won't be any accidental projectiles!

We love riding ToT. It is a great ride, it changes every time and you never know what to expect. And it is a dark ride. The dark makes those drops even more fun. But on our last trip I don't think we rode it once without someone running their cell phone the whole time trying to capture the experience. And there are no rules to not do it, but it certainly does change the experience. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Oh, I'm pretty sure there are rules against it. I actually had someone on thunder mountain ask if I'd switch with their friend so they could get a selfie. I said ask the CM. They asked the CM and the CM said it wasn't a photo op, no cell phones allowed...which is exactly what the sign said less than 3 feet from us.:rotfl:People just don't think rules apply to them.

Cannot stand people using anything with a light on a dark ride. Even worse we rode ToT once - first group of the day. A woman behind us had a drink in an open cup that she put in her bag. Well - lets say everyone near her was covered with sprite. We told a cast member when we got off. They had to shut it down to clean the spill. We got to wear sticky clothes all day. People just don't think- or care anymore it seems.

Cannot stand people using anything with a light on a dark ride. Even worse we rode ToT once - first group of the day. A woman behind us had a drink in an open cup that she put in her bag. Well - lets say everyone near her was covered with sprite. We told a cast member when we got off. They had to shut it down to clean the spill. We got to wear sticky clothes all day. People just don't think- or care anymore it seems.

What in the world did she expect to happen to that Sprite in a ride that free-falls?! Wow.

Oh for crying out loud! Sorry that happened to you!

Oh, I'm pretty sure there are rules against it. I actually had someone on thunder mountain ask if I'd switch with their friend so they could get a selfie. I said ask the CM. They asked the CM and the CM said it wasn't a photo op, no cell phones allowed...which is exactly what the sign said less than 3 feet from us.:rotfl:People just don't think rules apply to them.

Never seen a no cell phone sign at Disney. Just a store all lose items in the pocket in front. You can easily get a selfie on most coasters at Disney before the launch. Universal is completely different though. They 100% tell you everything must be in pockets before launch.

What in the world did she expect to happen to that Sprite in a ride that free-falls?! Wow.

I honestly have no idea. They didn't speak English so maybe they didn't know (however I think that unlikely, especially since they hid the drink and went all the way back there to ride it first). We were dumbfounded by it - as we're the cast members.

Funny story. DW had a large sunhat that the CM said to put on the floor in front of her seat on TOT.

Well, on the first drop, hat goes up in the air, and comes down on the person in front of her... who SCREAMED.

Next time elevator drops, hat goes up again, and again lands on the same person, who again SCREAMED.

Hat landed on same person after EVERY drop, and after every drop, he SCREAMED.

(DW tried grabbing it, but couldn't reach it).

After the ride, he says to his wife, "Wasn't that effect of grabbing you on the head on each drop AMAZING!!!"

She looked at him like he was crazy, and said, "What are you talking about?"

He said, "At every drop, they had something brush on our heads to scare us! Didn't you feel it?"

She said, "No. I guess mine was broken."

We didn't say anything.

My fiance usually takes a selfie on Tower of Terror. Hope that isn't considered ruining it. It is during the fall when not in pitch black any more. He does it on a lot of rides then promptly puts it away. He usually has the back light turned down super low on his device though so it isn't as much of an eye shock. I'll admit I have facebook lived a ride or two but always with the screen turned down super low and held to my chest so it isn't making any light for others. I mostly do that so my grandparents and family who can't come can see a small ounce of Disney magic. I try to be as aware of others as possible and purposely make sure no extra light is coming from the phone or camera so that it doesn't take away from anyone else's experience.

The thing is though that every ride has been filmed from POV dozens (probably hundreds and thousands) of times by other people (including the DIS) and your family at home can easily watch those rides on YouTube, enjoying a better quality video than what you'd be providing them with. Your filming is superfluous for that reason...and it does disturb the other guests around you. It's a light on during the ride that's not supposed to be on.

QX3pg.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!