When did you last pay rack rate for a WDW hotel?

If you want to use the MYW Dining Plan, plan on paying full rack rate. I hated to pay the increased amount but feel we came out ahead.

skiwee1 said:
Not quite! I just love the Poly. I'd do it again if it meant staying where I wanted.

2 questions:

1. Are they hiring where you work?
2. If you don't work, are you single?

:teeth: j/k

First, last, and only time we paid rack rate was the first time I paid for a room at Disney. July 1998. Had no clue about codes then, and we stayed at BC. Ugh!

Never. Prior to knowing about codes at Disney we stayed offsite. Now it is either AP, AAA, (if we have to - but never had) or DVC.

Actually for our upcoming June stay we are using a PIN (that we feel very lucky to have received)!

On our last trip in 2001. I had discoverd the DIS about 3 months before leaving for Disney, but was clueless to codes. I had booked with Dreams Unlimited and did what was then called the Discovery Magic Package. If I remember correctly, DH and I paid about $99 a night for our room at Allstar Music.

One night at the WL is Oct. of 2003. The sad thing is that we are AAA members and I never even bothered to ask about applying it (I tacked a night onto our Fairytale Package.) Also, I had been frequenting these boards for at least a year, but I was still clueless about the codes. Sometimes I wonder about myself.... :teeth: :earboy2:

When we left Disney in Jan, 2000 to stay at the Nikki because we were going to go to Sea World and Universal. I called back at 11 at night to beg them to take us back, after waiting for over an hour for housekeeping to come clean the blood off the shower wall, clean the coffee pot from the previous client, and change the sheets that had pubic hair on them at the Nikki (should have headed that big sign on the way in, that said housekeeper wanted). They didn't show up after a couple phone calls, and even though I had a broken foot and it was hard to get around, we were out of there. Disney Values were all totally full (and it wasn't even a holiday), but told us if we didn't mind waiting until housekeeping cleaned, they would they would give us a room from someone who checked out that night. We paid the full price, even thought the week before we had used a code.
Our first codes started the year that CBR was built..anyone know what year that was?

Our first trip in 1988 was a package with Delta Dreams -- stayed in the Fort Wilderness Homes. Then we camped (probably at rack rate) for a few visits and for Christmas 98 stayed at Dixie Landings at rack rate. That was before my introduction to the internet, but at least I was asking about AAA and Magic Kingdom discounts -- none were available for our stay. Since then I know we haven't paid rack rate for any of our visits.

To be exact, March 17, 2001...the day DH and I got married :love2: We stayed at POR-Riverside in a king waterview room for $199/night before we left for our cruise. I can remember the day like it was yesterday....I was still in my wedding gown and as we waited for a golf cart to bring us to our room a little girl said, "Look Mommy! There's a princess!" princess: I can also remember running to the foodcourt and having the best cheesburger and fries of my life...as we hadn't really touched our food during the wedding reception :p

Last paid rack rate in Nov. 1994. Stayed at the Wilderness Lodge - it was only 6 months old then. We paid 163.90 (tax included) per night for a six night stay in a standard view room. Didn't know anything about codes then.

Shortly after that I joined the Magic Kingdom Club and have been receiving discounts one way or another ever since.

Finding discounts is half the fun. I would go to Disney even if I paid rack rate though. :earsgirl:

10 trips in 12 years and never paid rack rate. 1st trip in 1992 was a package but had 20% off throught the now defunct Magic Kingdom Club. This was before DIS and the Internet but a guy I worked with knew all the angles for getting a reduced rate. I'd call and ask about moderates and then ask if there was anything else available, I'd usually get great "upsell" rates for the deluxes. Took advantage of rates at WL and AKL right after they opened and WDW was trying to fill the rooms and get people in. I usually call and then choose my hotel based on price and availablity. I have used Magic Kingdom Club discounts, "upsells", special offers, AP rates, codes and PIN numbers. It's been fascinating watching how the discounting structure and process has evolved over the past few years. What I save on the room, we spend on food and extras.

Never for me either. Growing up I never paid for the room ;)
But when I started taking my own trips as an adult:
2000 Disney club discount
2001 Disney club discount
2003 Postcard
2004 AP
2005 so far AAA, maybe AP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter