When do CA Schools get out?

BelleBeast

OKW Owner and Proud of It!!
I'm planning our tip this June and am Curious wehn do the schools get out? Will it be very crowded Mid-June??

Thanks for your help!

BelleBeast

BelleBeast

[This message was edited by BelleBeast on 01-08-01 at 02:19 PM.]

Get your crowd hat on :)

Kiddies will be out in June, different areas of California vary as to the first couple weeks.

DL is going to be crowded this year, all year, we are being bombarded by CA commecials and print ads.

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

There are many answers to your Question due to the fact that schools in California are different depending on the district. Some schools are year round, which means they go for a certain number of weeks, have time off, and then start up again. Others get out around the 1st/2nd week of June. If you could avoid coming in June I WOULD! Summer months at Disneyland are very crowded and usually quite warm altho' we do not have the humidity of Florida nor the rain. But if you need to do June, I would say as close to the first week as you can get, right after Memorial Day. I am sure you will have a wonderful time--after all, Walt walked the streets in his bathrobe every morning and you just feel his spirit there!

E-mail me if you have specific questions--I am a CM of Disney Store and also an Annual Passholder--maybe I can give you some helpful hints!

Have a Mickey day :)

June is NUTS!!!
Not only will some school be out but others will being there end of year field trips at the park. We have gone twice in June the first week and the second/third weeks. The only day that wasn't crowded was Fathers Day Sunday.

Christa

Year round for us. We get out the end of May and start school on July 1st.

The beginning of June is filled with grad nights. The park will close early every weeknight. ;)

tink08.gif

<font color=navy>I enjoy going in June, and find it to be less crowded than July/August. However, there are many grad nights held at DL, which means that they usually close the park very early so that the grads can party there at night. The weekends will also be pretty crowded.

Due to DCA and the DLR Downtown Disney opening, we expect that the park will be more crowded than usual.

That doesn't mean not to come, but to tailor your time accordingly. :)

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

I've been several times in June, and I never thought it was that bad. It definitely beats July and August crowd-wise, and it's not as hot. You just have to get there early, take a mid-day break, and be prepared to stay till closing when the crowds really die down. :)

JiminyCricket.gif
<font face="cac one seventy"><font color="green">"...always let your conscience be your guide."
<font face="cac one seventy"><font color="blue">
WDW: December 2000!
Disneyland: 1981, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1995, 1997, 1999

With DCA opening hopefully we'll have a place to to go when DL closes for grad nights. Though I'm sure it will busy hopefully it will share some of the crowds.

<font face="Tahoma"> SteveH
<font color="#000080">Co-Moderator:</font> <font color="#000080"> Resorts Board
<font color="#008080">Webmaster:</font> <font color="#008080"> Coronado Springs Photo & Info Site</font>
<font color="#CC0099">Bound for the Grand Californian at Disneyland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter