When do Marathon Weekend dates get published?

Belle1811

Mouseketeer
Hi guys, I'm hoping you will be able to help!! I know you may not be able to give me a definite answer but even just a rough idea would help!!

I'm hoping to do the Dopey (again, I must be mad!!) in January 2018 and I just wondered when the dates for the marathon weekend 2018 will be published and if anyone could "guess" when the weekend is likely to be?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi guys, I'm hoping you will be able to help!! I know you may not be able to give me a definite answer but even just a rough idea would help!!

I'm hoping to do the Dopey (again, I must be mad!!) in January 2018 and I just wondered when the dates for the marathon weekend 2018 will be published and if anyone could "guess" when the weekend is likely to be?

Thanks in advance for any help

They should be posted in October 2016 (for the runDisney 2017-2018 season).

Marathon weekend dates will clearly be either Jan 4-7 or Jan 11-14 in 2018, but I'm not sure which is more likely. Based on history, it should be Jan 4-7 in 2018 and then switch to Jan 10-13 in 2019, but since we are basically at the transition point from first to second weekend in January, there is always a possibility that they switch one year earlier.

Last edited:

Thank you so much, this is what I thought, I'm hoping that it's 4-7 Jan due to my daughters school holidays (we're from the UK), if we find out October 2016 then that gives me time before we would have to book anything like flights etc xx

Historically, as others have said, it will be Jan 4-7 in 2018. I'm hoping it's the following weekend, but I doubt they will run it so close to MLK Day. Our family has opted to do Disney every other year so it looks like we'll have to do the Princess half weekend and head back to Marathon weekend in 2020.

But we will all find out the dates in September or October. I think the DL half programs lists out the first few race weekends of the following year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter