When do the “15’s” start to diminish?

I checked out of Pop today. The 15s were just fine (but we stayed pool preferred and they seem to mostly be in the 70s, 80s and 90s). The only crazy behavior we witnessed at the resort was from the international soccer teams (12 year old boys?) But even then, just hyper boys.

As for the parks, no line cutting and no chanting. Just kids enjoying their first time at WDW.

Crowds were lower than I expected and it rained a lot less than I thought. I would absolutely go in July again and stay at Pop in the 60s again. They didn’t scare us away at all :)

As for the parks, no line cutting and no chanting.

Yes,the day has come that many thought never would.

After MANY years of constant complaints(link below is illustrative),Disney has said NO MAS.

https://disboards.com/threads/disne...and-yell-their-way-through-the-parks.3430942/

We talked to a Super Greeter today and Chanting is indeed no longer tolerated ANYWHERE in the Parks.

Last July,the Super Greeters were saying that Chanting was not allowed in "enclosed spaces" in the Parks,but was still allowed in "open areas" in the Parks which was a big move away from the usual "Chanting anytime,anywhere".

And now a total ban.

It really is remarkable-for many.many years Disney's response to Guests' complaints was something like:

"The South American Tour Groups are our Guests,they have paid their money to be here like everyone else and we want them to enjoy their WDW experience like everyone else."

Which translated meant:

"The 15s bring BIG money to WDW,Chanting is a huge part of their Culture and they love to do it in the Parks,so other Guests just need to "adapt" to it."

So what has caused The Mouse to do this after all these years?

This is complete speculation on my part,but I thought I would throw it out there.

We have noticed a gradual drop in attendance in July for several years now culminating in the least-crowded July we have ever experienced this year.

Maybe this drop is indeed due to regular July Guests who have finally said no to coming in July because of the Chanting,etc. and maybe many more potential July Guests have been "scared off" from July because of all the negative social media reports and word-of-mouth reports from Guest who have been in July saying "STAY AWAY IN JULY"!

Maybe it has reached the "tipping point" for Disney where Disney feels the attendance loss is so severe that they are now willing to possibly lose some of The 15s' business by this ban on Chanting.

Could that happen?

I think it is possible-the Chanting/Chant Singing/Chant Dancing has always been a HUGE part of The 15s WDW "experience".

I could see The 15s going back to South America and telling everybody that Disney has taken part of their "culture" from them and the trip just isn't the same anymore.

I will say this-Disney better enforce a ban on Cheering in the Parks when Cheer Season starts with the same vigor they are stopping the Chanting of the 15s or criticism that Disney has a "double standard" will surely come from "The 15s Community".

During my trip this summer, we ran across many groups of 15s. Other than being just very large groups, they were all really well behaved. Their guides seemed very interested in ensuring that they didn't impact others, which is no small feat with so many teenagers. Only heard chanting one time... and it was across the parking lot where not many other guests were around. Nothing obnoxious, just fun.

At this point, I wouldn't let the idea of large South American tour groups worry you too much. If things were out of control before, they don't seem to be now.

Crowds were lower than I expected and it rained a lot less than I thought. I would absolutely go in July again and stay at Pop in the 60s again. They didn’t scare us away at all :)

We also checked out earlier today. Agree that the crowds were very manageable and the 15’s were very well behaved. Saw at least 6 different groups in our 2 park days and none of them were rowdy at all except for a few zealous dancers in front of the Morocco pavilion, but the band and the crowd gathered around them seemed to be into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!