When do the 1 bedroom villas sell out for Christmas?

TheZue

DIS Veteran
We are looking at Aulani for Xmas and I was looking to rent points but realized the jump to buying a contract with banked 2023 points is nominal. My concern is that it will take a couple months for the contract to go through and the villas may be sold out. Advise?

For a 1BR at Christmas you generally need to be online on the 7 month booking open. They will not last beyond that morning. So for Christmas week, you need points usable and closed and loaded by May.

Doable if you move on it and don't have an international seller.

For a 1BR at Christmas you generally need to be online on the 7 month booking open. They will not last beyond that morning. So for Christmas week, you need points usable and closed and loaded by May.

Doable if you move on it and don't have an international seller.
Unfortunately I am an international buyer, does that slow it down?

Unfortunately I am an international buyer, does that slow it down?
Yes. Still possible, but you'd need to be making offers quickly.

ROFR is ~20-35 days. Estoppel is about 2-3 weeks, less if you are lucky. Closing documents need to be notarized by both buyers and sellers for Aulani. The challenge is the deed recording, which can take anywhere from 2-5 weeks, because it is done on Island Time.

Typical closing for a DVC resale is 8-14 weeks, but Aulani tends to be on the longer side.

If you want to spen a lot more money you can buy direct. That’s very quick, but very expensive.
Might not actually be an option if they're buying from abroad. Often, international buyers have to be on-site to buy direct due to licensing.

We are going to rent this time. I don’t want to spend the next few months stressing about conveyancing lol

Thank you for all the input!

This is really handy. I absolutely would have been stressing out waiting for everything finalize lol.
Renting will cost you around $20pp if you go with Aulani owner for the 11m window and purchasing resale will be around $12-13pp (on a very high level) if you spread the upfront buy-in over the remaining years.

Renting is a great option vs paying cash rates and lots of friendly people very happy to rent their points.

We rented a 2 bedroom villa at Bay Lake Tower in WDW and paid cash for a Parlor Suite at Aulani 💰💰💰 before taking the DVC plunge.

Good luck with your trip planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter