• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do the discount rates come out for October 2005?

boucheresq

Mouseketeer<br><font color="dark green">Broke her
I want to book asap but of course want to wait - I'm going for my bday to do the halloween party and Epcot wine and food festival - yeah!

I was wondering the same thing. I went in Oct last yeat (through DVC) and remember seeing a lot of threads about this. We are going back in Dec 2005 & using DVC for 5 days & then moving over to a moderate for 2 more days.

How do the discounts work? Could I book now & then if a discount comes out later, can I get that credit back? Or do I have to wait until the discounts come out to book?

Sorry to jump in on your thread, boucheresq!

Have gone in October the last 2 years. Never booked in advance. Waited for the discounts to be announced. 2003 was Canadian at par (ASMU) and 2004 was the 5 for 7 deal (POFQ). Both were booked just after the beginning of May.
Also waiting to learn more about MYW tickets and packages etc. for Oct. 2005 (POR)
Love this time of year with MNSSHP, F&W Festival and fairly low crowds.

AP rates for this past October came out 8/25/04, along with a room only code.

You can book now but can only get a discount applied if they have discounted rooms available for your dates when they come out.

In 2003 and 2004, the rates came out at the end of August. That is when I will start my looking at for my November trip.

I also am waiting for some discount for a room. I already have airfare for 10/25-11/2. In 2002 we used my friends points for OKW. If no such luck this year then we want to go back to POR, stayed there 3 times when it was Dixie Landings.

I keep thinking we should try something new and stay somewhere else but hubby keeps saying "if it ain't broke........"

I too would love to get a discount on my room for Oct 1st to the 9th. Only problem is I noticed that the only discounts that came out this year so far were for AP holders and Florida residents. No discounts for the general public. From what Unofficial guide is predicting the first week of Oct is going to be the busiest in October too so I will not hold my breath that discounts will be giving that week. There is always a AAA membership discount though.

Angela

angwill said:
I too would love to get a discount on my room for Oct 1st to the 9th. Only problem is I noticed that the only discounts that came out this year so far were for AP holders and Florida residents. No discounts for the general public. From what Unofficial guide is predicting the first week of Oct is going to be the busiest in October too so I will not hold my breath that discounts will be giving that week. There is always a AAA membership discount though.

Angela

Just remember that AAA discounts are limited and are subject to availability. I was considering switching (I think I have that resort anxiety disorder) and there wasn't anything left at BWV or BCV with the AAA discount. The same thing happened when I was trying to switch to the Poly and something finally opened up. I thought I'd add this.

Happy planning!

I booked at AAA rate, and will switch if better rates come up later. AAA was 20% off value rate, I believe. (I booked Pop Sept 30-Oct 5) In some towns, like mine, there is no school Oct 4-5 (Jewish holidays). So my little trip means only one missed school day............. :earboy2:

We're going in October and made our ressies about a month ago. After learning about discounts and codes I called yesterday to see if we had a code or pin attached to our name and I found that we didn't. (Didn't expect to. :confused3 )

Also, mentioned that last year we had gotten in on an advertised special that we had seen on tv that was for seven nights when you pay for 5. (Don't remember the exact promotion name.) The woman that I was talking with said that she had heard that they would "definitely" not be doing a promo like that this year. She said that they had been told there would be very few discounts this year due to the 50th Anniversary Celebration.

This is the second time someone at WDW reservations has told me this about discounts. I guess we aren't going to keep holding our breath, though!

PatMcDuck said:
I booked at AAA rate, and will switch if better rates come up later. AAA was 20% off value rate, I believe. (I booked Pop Sept 30-Oct 5) In some towns, like mine, there is no school Oct 4-5 (Jewish holidays). So my little trip means only one missed school day............. :earboy2:

We're doing the same thing. My son's 14th birthday is October 5. What better way to celebrate than with a trip to WDW. :cool1: I can't pull him out of school for a week, so we'll just take advantage of the two day break we're getting that week.

I we just got back from Disney this morning. The only discounts that came out for the last week of April were AAA, AP, pin code rates and Florida resident rates. I have a feeling the same thing will happen in October. I plan to book PC or POFQ with a AAA rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter