• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do they start taking down Christmas decorations?

hrvoje

Earning My Ears
I'm tentatively planning on the WDW marathon weekend for 2023, which should be January 5-8 if I'm understanding correctly. Would the Christmas decorations still be up? I'd love to experience the Christmas atmosphere while there.

Thank you kindly.

Usually they start taking them down first week of January. But there are generally at least some in the parks to see marathon weekend. Example: every time I have been for marathon weekend, I have seen the Christmas tree at Animal Kingdom--one of my favorites.

I think the odds are that you will see some. Caveat: Current decoration levels are still reduced due to Covid. Some of the stuff has returned this year (yeah Gingerbread!), but not all. Who knows what 2023 will bring.

I'm tentatively planning on the WDW marathon weekend for 2023, which should be January 5-8 if I'm understanding correctly. Would the Christmas decorations still be up? I'd love to experience the Christmas atmosphere while there.

Thank you kindly.
I went January 7-13 this year, some decorations were up through the Monday, I saw in AK, Epcot and DHS. When I was at MK on Tuesday, I heard cast members comment that they just noticed the tree was down there.

For the resorts, you want to go sooner rather than later in your trip if you want to experience the holiday decorations. For marathon weekend 2018, I remember that the decorations at the Poly and Grand Floridian were already down by Thursday (1/4) and I personally watched them disassemble the AKL tree and remove the decorations that Friday night (1/5).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter