When do you get your Navigators?

CRB#33

<font color=red>Completing His Good Work!<br><font
Do you get them at check in or are they in your stateroom?

We're checking in early, so I thought we could do some planning while we're waiting!

TIA~*~*~*

Yes, the first navigator is given when you go thru check-in, so get there early, check in, grab a spot on that comfy couch by the entrance to the ship and plan, plan, plan! :D

My Hubby and I got to the terminal at 11:00. Checked in got our Navigator and spent the next hour planing what we wanted to do as far as reservations. Make sure you show up for reservations about 20 minutes before the time listed. they start earlier than posted.

Do you get all the Navigators for the week? Or do you get them one day at a time?

You get the first Navigator at the terminal. The others are put in your room each night (for the next day) by your room Steward when you are at Dinner.

Thanks for answering so quickly. How do so many people see their room stewards so often? When we went on a cruise last year (Windstar... not Disney) we never saw our person. He did a great job, and our bed was always turned down, the ice bucket was always full and chocolates were always on the pillow, but we never saw him.
Everyone on Disney talks about their steward. Do they come visit a lot? Too often (I am concerned that we would never be in the room, and that he would make a point of coming really early to try to see us).

Our room steward was always nearby during the dinner hours - either cleaning another room while the people were at dinner, or just puttering about. In addition, we frequently "ran into" our room steward in the morning as well.

If you are really never in your room, it's certainly possible that you might not cross paths. But we saw ours frequently when we'd go back to the room to change clothes for dinner, or head out to breakfast (or come back from breakfast). it was actually kindof nice, because a few days the kids decided to sleep really late, and so we'd let him know that the kids were sleeping late as the spouse and I headed out for breakfast.

In fact, if we didn't see him, and needed too (which did happen once when we wanted to compliment him on a great towel animal), a short trip down the hall would usually find him cleaning another room.

The room stewards seem to pick up on peoples daily routines pretty quicky. We never once came back to the room and found him cleaning it, but he was always around (somplace) during the day.

It depends on how much time you spend in your stateroom. We were rarely there, and saw our steward just once during our cruise. But we certainly felt his presence as our room was always in great shape, and he left towel animals every night. Oh yes, we did see him in the hallway once or twice and he always was very friendly.

Our room Steward introduced him self the first day, shortly after we arrived in our room. We would normally see him in the hallway when we left for breakfast and Dinner. He was alway's friendly and would speak when we saw him.

When do you get your Navigators if you are on a land/sea vacation and do not check in at the Port. Do you get them at the hotel? I assume all check in for land/sea vacations is still handled in the original "seamless" manner at your hotel upon arrival?

Mandie

I think a copy of the Navigator might have been in the room as well as check-in. If not you can always go to guest services on deck 3 as they always have copies available there - just walk up and take one.

You can always get a rough idea by checking out the navigators on Barb or Dave's sites. The times don't change that much from cruise to cruise. Those sites are great resources.

Originally posted by Mboothby

When do you get your Navigators if you are on a land/sea vacation and do not check in at the Port.

You should be able to find a CM at the cruise terminal that can get one for you.

Just got back. As for the stateroom host, TROY, we saw him the following times:

- When we when to the stateroom on the first day
- Once in the morning in the hallway
- Once in the evening in the hallway
- the last day when we saw him and ask for some laundry bags.

Given that he did a fanctistic job for us. The kids look forward to see what towel animal every night when came back from dinner.

The only thing I wished we got at the terminal are the kids navigator. Maybe thay had it but did not ask for it. The kids enjoyed looking at it once they got and checking off what looks interesting to them.

when we went when we came into our stateroom for the first night on the cruise it was there. then you get the next days navigator that night when you come back from dinner. also, if you need another one or two they are at the guest service desk on deck 3. any other questions ask!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter