When do you guys think WDW DVC RESORTS will be open (not nec. parks)?

I remain convinced that part of their timeline and delay is attempts to get sufficient PPE for CMs. There is a relatively low number of CMs in Disney employ (as opposed to third party) at DS right now, which means they could work from a small supply. Parks and resorts is exponential.

I am betting that beyond the production run they have going for the ShopDisney masks, they have a line running CM supply masks. That requires production and import. Even if they go with air freight vs. container, which I think they have to in this case, the timeline fits to get sufficient supply and have it on the ground for distribution and use by Cast.

One solution would be to make the PPE here in the USA, should be able to get to destination in US much faster, no customs to go through. I know Disney gets just about everything from China, maybe they should rethink that, I know it would make me happy if they did, just sayin.... Of course it would probably cut into their profit margin a bit...Oh yeah I guess they would just kick up the prices enough to cover the higher cost...

I'm sure that's a factor. Though I would also argue that their legal obligation to provide accommodations to owners should place DVC near the top of that list.

Specific to the parks, I would speculate that a large portion of the delay relates to new IT requirements. Disney faces a huge challenge to figure out how to dole-out theme park admission to passholders, hotel guests and off-site guests. I would speculate that they are holding enough hotel and DVC reservations to eat up a chunk of the theme park capacity...if not all of it. What steps are they going to take to ensure that someone paying $800 per night for their hotel room still has reasonable access to the parks? What if someone bought an 8 day ticket and can only get into the parks 6 days due to capacity restrictions? What about people who bought MYW passes with waterpark add-ons? Assuming the ADR and FP+ systems were accepting reservations to normal levels, how do you adjust for lower capacity? What changes will they make to monorail, bus and boat travel to avoid overcrowding?

Just so many issues impacting the theme parks.

Yes, I've said it before and I will say it again. I'm sure glad it's not my job to figure all this out... :scared1:

Now that Disney plans on reopening before the end of July, is it safe to assume those with August use years will not get any banked 2018 points back?

DVC website has all dates blocked until June 22nd. After that you can book.
Not a help in our case as we're booked for HHI but arriving the day before they open. Don't want to lose out entirely because we miss the opening by one day.

so what if my HHI reservation is on the 14th?
I think you should call if you want to keep the nights after 6/14. They have been cancelling entire reservations.

While you are waiting to get through, you can go online and see if the system will let you modify to drop 6/14 and keep the rest. Good luck!

Not a help in our case as we're booked for HHI but arriving the day before they open. Don't want to lose out entirely because we miss the opening by one day.

I would think that you should still be good with the rest of the reservation. Im hoping that they will soft open for those checking in on the 14th

I think you should call if you want to keep the nights after 6/14. They have been cancelling entire reservations.

While you are waiting to get through, you can go online and see if the system will let you modify to drop 6/14 and keep the rest. Good luck!
I would think that you should still be good with the rest of the reservation. Im hoping that they will soft open for those checking in on the 14th
Since we couldn't get through to MS (fast busy signal), and the chat option isn't available, and HHI themselves are not answering calls or emails, we went with modifying, something we had thought of doing, as well. So, now we're arriving one day later but staying through the same end date. Since we were willing to book a VRBO before, we will likely book two nights on either the front end or the back end of our current dates of 14-19 June.

Good luck to all who need to modify!!

As for soft open, we didn't want to take a chance and potentially lose the entire stay since we couldn't get an answer.

I have a June 21-23 stay at Copper Creek. Going to see if I can slide that over one day. Rented points through Davids for the stay so who knows if I can or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter