When do you think the border will reopen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be that you can only do it online until your birthday and then you have to go in. His birthday was a few days after it closed. Hopefully they will open it up so that people can do it online without the restriction.
I renewed my sticker online about a week after my bday, but almost 2 months later still don’t have it in the mail....
My DH renewed his sticker online over a month ago and still nothing in the mail yet.
Same - well almost 2 months, I renewed mine about March 28th.

I was just thinking about backlogs . My husband was due to renew his sticker in March just as everything closed up . We live about a 15 minute walk from a Service Ontario Centre . He can probably just walk out the front door and get in the line when it opens again .. it will stretch for miles :rolleyes1

I pass by a ministry of transportation office close to my house everyday and they are open. The line up is quite long but it's open. I am in Etobicoke

I for one hope the border stays closed til the U.S. gets a better handle on things. We need better screening for anything to reopen.

I don't want it that way but the smart move is to keep them closed until schools go back in September to minimize people coming back from other countries. That would cancel our August trip, which would be our 4th Disney Trip cancelled from this pandemic. If that happens I will probably try to rent out our DVC points and get the refund on the half a year of our annual pass.

Wait, what? You guys get to go camping? ugh
We don't. Campgrounds here in Ontario are allowed to 'prep' but not actually open. And even if they were, our fiver was broken into over the winter, and our dealer hasn't been able to get the window replaced because the window manufacturer in Indiana is closed due to COVID, so we can't go camping at all until they open, make a window, ship it to the dealer, dealer fixes the rig, we get the rig back, dewinterize it (not just the lines, but all the usual spring time stuff like cleaning it, stocking it, etc....) and then we can finally think about going camping.

I've made a reservation for mid July at one of the PP, but no idea if we'll even be able to do that.

For my trailer I was told when they do open bathrooms and the pool will be closed for the season. Unless you have a bathroom and a shower in your trailer its not worth it this summer.

As long as I have power, and can use a dump station on the way out, I'm good for the most part, so the lack of a campground bathroom doesn't affect us too much. If we're on a sewered site, we don't ever use the camp bathrooms. If it's a dump station, we're normally about 50/50 on the use, but I can fully use our own facilities too if needed, just have to keep an eye on the tank levels.

bathrooms and the pool will be closed for the season

Thanks for posting, I never even thought of this. We have a tent trailer with a sink for washing hands but no washroom.

I'm going to order one of the those portable "Luggable Loos" right now because i'm sure they'll be impossible to find if campgrounds announce that their washrooms will be closed. Not exactly the lap of luxury but at least we can still go.....camping that is.:)

I know the closure has been extended to May 20th. When do you think we'll see the border re-opening? Do you think it'll be province by province depending on risk zones? All at once? Do you think individual provinces will require quarentine even after it opens? When do you personally want to see it reopen?

June 21st is the next earliest date. If Canada is still having issues with spread I hope we keep it closed but it will be a hard sell to the Americans

There goes any tent camping. Man, this summer is going to suck so bad LOL
Hopefully, they'll open up later in the summer. We're starting to look at booking what we can, and just making sure they have the ability to cancel if it's not going to work for us.

June 21st is the next earliest date. If Canada is still having issues with spread I hope we keep it closed but it will be a hard sell to the Americans

If our interprovincial borders are still closed, where do the Americans think they will be able to visit? LOL As a Nova Scotian, if I can't even access PEI or NB, why on earth would Americans be even allowed within our Country?

If our interprovincial borders are still closed, where do the Americans think they will be able to visit? LOL As a Nova Scotian, if I can't even access PEI or NB, why on earth would Americans be even allowed within our Country?
I think he meant it would be even harder to convince them to keep the border closed. I believe this last round, the Americans were already pushing to get it opened. Next time, it'll be even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!