When does package arrive?

Did you receive your box today @sayhello?
I did! Finally. As the others said, it was pretty anti-climatic. Box the size of a large book. A shoe bag, a zipper pouch, luggage tag and minimally personalized handbook. I'm glad I've finally gotten it, but sad remembering what getting the box *used* to be like!

Sayhello

I did! Finally. As the others said, it was pretty anti-climatic. Box the size of a large book. A shoe bag, a zipper pouch, luggage tag and minimally personalized handbook. I'm glad I've finally gotten it, but sad remembering what getting the box *used* to be like!

Sayhello
Glad you finally got it before you left for China, but that is a bit disappointing. Does the handbook contain the itinerary?

Glad you finally got it before you left for China, but that is a bit disappointing. Does the handbook contain the itinerary?
If you mean, does it tell you everything you're doing each day, with a bit of a description, then yes, it does. There's no times or anything like that.

Sayhello

If you mean, does it tell you everything you're doing each day, with a bit of a description, then yes, it does. There's no times or anything like that.

Sayhello
Yes, that is what I was wondering. Being the travel planner in our family, I usually type up a large spreadsheet with dates, hotels, activities, etc. I guess I am off the hook with ABD. Thanks!

For those who have done multiple trips in one year--do they change up the boxes for the subsequent trips? I already got one box this year and we have 2 more ABDs in 2017, so wasn't sure what to expect.

For those who have done multiple trips in one year--do they change up the boxes for the subsequent trips? I already got one box this year and we have 2 more ABDs in 2017, so wasn't sure what to expect.
I seriously doubt it. It's a vendor that does it, and given the trouble they had just sending our boxes to us, I wouldn't hold my breath they'd be able to do something like track who this year they've already sent boxes to for a different trip.

Sayhello

I did 2 ABDs last year and received the exact same items in both boxes. The good thing about that is that I still have one set of orange luggage straps unopened.

I did 2 ABDs last year and received the exact same items in both boxes. The good thing about that is that I still have one set of orange luggage straps unopened.

I reused my orange luggage strap on my April trip this year. I still have my blue ones from the year before as well. I found them quite useful.

We leave July 12th for our Danube River Cruise and hoping the box comes soon....but I have a question. My friend and I are travelling in one cabin....do we each get a box or is the box shared? We live in different states...she is in Florida and I am in NY.

This is our first ABD so I luckily have nothing to compare it to when it arrives!!!

MJ

We leave July 12th for our Danube River Cruise and hoping the box comes soon....MJ

We have a June Danube River Cruise in 20 days and still no booklet. I'm really disappointed in how the pre-trip has gone. I feel lost and neglected. I haven't received any information about what to pack or expect. When I ask I get told it's all on the website. However the website is vague (bring money! Dress for the weather!). I'm hoping the booklet will help when/if it gets here.

We have a June Danube River Cruise in 20 days and still no booklet. I'm really disappointed in how the pre-trip has gone. I feel lost and neglected. I haven't received any information about what to pack or expect. When I ask I get told it's all on the website. However the website is vague (bring money! Dress for the weather!). I'm hoping the booklet will help when/if it gets here.

Please post your thoughts about the trip when you get back!!! Are you doing the East or West route? We are starting in Budapest and ending in Germany.

MJ

I wouldn't expect too much--our book was generic and too late to be of much use although it does have some packing suggestions. I received mine about 12 days before start of trip :( I've been very disappointed by our pre-trip too.

We got our box this weekend and wow, what a bummer! I like most of you have a closet full of backpacks and laundry bags but there was something about this that screamed, "why bother?" I wonder what they were thinking? It would have been better to just send the book or a blank travel journal or something.

Our book indicated slight changes to the Alaska itinerary that looked like it will include some of the newer activities on the 2018 itinerary. It's mostly the same but the changes sounded good. We can't wait for the trip, we leave in less than one month!

I wouldn't expect too much--our book was generic and too late to be of much use although it does have some packing suggestions. I received mine about 12 days before start of trip :( I've been very disappointed by our pre-trip too.

Agreed. It didn't really add much beyond the FAQ on the website except for the 24 hour emergency contact number.

We gave feedback to our ABD guide for the NYC trip we just got back from regarding the downsized boxes you receive. The only items that we actually use from them are two of the items that have been removed, laundry bag and luggage straps.

Our trip is June 30 Italy and we received our box on May 30th. I was expecting more as well. My coworker took the same tour less than 2 years ago and at least she received luggage straps and a tote bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!