When does "Spring Break" start?

drewc

Mouseketeer
We just booked 3/9 - 3/15, the second week in March. I've seen quite a few posts saying Spring Break begins in mid-March. Any ideas as to when the parks will really start to fill up? Are the dates we picked relatively OK?

TIA!

I think you are better off the week you have planned than anytime after that until sometime in May. Check out the running post Post Your 2003 Spring Break Here

It looks like many of the spring breaks this year will come later. We've visited WDW around the same time period you have planned and have seen very low crowds; however, during our visit in 2001, the crowds were high, especially at the MK. There were a large number of cheerleaders.

Maybe someone else has some insight on any cheerleading or band events at WDW between 9-MAR and 15-MAR??

Also, this site has a nice chart Click on the Crowds and Weather Chart

My son is a student at N.C. State University, and that week is his spring break. I've no idea how many State students go to WDW, but there's 30,000 of them and it's about a nine-hour drive.

Our son WILL be at WDW, but with us instead of classmates. Our two younger children also have a long weekend (five days if we don't get more than one more snow day), so we're hoping to head down then, too.

The majority of the spring breaks for grade and high schools are typically the two weeks surrounding Easter. However, a large minority can have them anywhere from mid March to end of April. Also, for colleges you will find the minority following an "Easter" schedule and those can be anywhere from early March to mid-April. Moreover, Canada spring breaks are very often in the first and second week of March. The week you have chosen will be heavy but lighter than most other spring break weeks.

It looks like a few northeast states have a winter break in February, and because Easter is late this year, most of the spring breaks are in April.

I think you're going at a great time. We usually go in March. The weather is nice.

Spring Break for folks in Ontario Canada is March 10-14 inclusive. We were thinking about venturing down at that time. S

We will be at WDW the week of March 16. This year my kids have the same spring break.

Most of Texas usually has spring break the second week of March. I think that's when the crowds start to build. We went last year during that time and found the crowds to be very manageable! You'll have a great time!!

Sammy - are you sure?

I'm in Manchester, NH and our school break is April 21-25th, 2003. Usually all of NH is the same week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter