"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

I never thought about the rotation of the rotation of the restaurant posing a problem; I'm glad to hear it didn't mess with you too much.

Chip is such a fun character to meet! You looked like you were having a great time taking photos with him.

Oh man....that Canon joke.:rotfl2: That Cast Member should see about transferring to the Jungle Cruise, with his talent for puns. :rotfl:

That pirate joke was pretty amazing :P

I'm glad you had a good time at Garden Grill. Every time I read a report that features it I think "Man, I really need to go eat there" and I have yet to do it! But your photos have definitely added to the feeling that I need to give it a try!

Yay, a new update!!! Merry Christmas to you, too!

We have eaten dinner at Garden Grill, which was delicious, though I ate mostly from Jimmy's kid's platter because adulting is hard for me :) The breakfast sounds way more my speed!!

Just joined. The pictures y'all took in AK were some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. Truly gorgeous!!! Great to know about Garden Grill. I love some breakfast food and this is on my list for when we go in December. I've never eaten there before.

I've been gone forever! Lol. I always thing GG has some of the best interactions we've had, they're always so fun even for us grown ups ;) We also started our anniversary day there!

HEELLLLLOOOOOOO HUUUMMMAAANNS!

(This post is cross-posted from my other TR, so please feel free to skip it if you've already read it!)

Just wanted to say hello, and to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you all! I have lost both myself, and all sense of time passing, while I've been completely immersed in my school term. During our second year of this program (where I am right now!) we have full class schedules, but we also take part in part-time clinical practicum opportunities. Usually they take place a few hours a week over the course of the whole term, but because of scheduling issues with the team at my site, we've had to condense our whole practicum into less than half the time, and we've been running off our feet! On a positive note though: I've learned that I actually really enjoy working with older adults in long-term care! Who knew!? I haven't had the chance to really read TRs or put together any updates in at least a month. :sad1: (My sincere apologies that I haven't been responding to comments or keeping up with your stories!) But beginning in less than a week I'll be on a week-long study break and I hope to get back here for a few hours here and there to make up for lost time.
In the meantime, I'm sending love and pixie dust to all my Disfriends.
:lovestrucpixiedust::lovestruc
See ya real soon!

Just wanted to say hello, and to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you all!

Wait.... Meghan... something. I think I remember you...

Hi stranger! Nice to see you again.

we've had to condense our whole practicum into less than half the time, and we've been running off our feet!

Holy smokes! :eek: You must be wiped out!

On a positive note though: I've learned that I actually really enjoy working with older adults in long-term care!

Good! :goodvibes
Glad to see you've found this out. :)

I haven't had the chance to really read TRs or put together any updates in at least a month. :sad1: (My sincere apologies that I haven't been responding to comments or keeping up with your stories!)

:hug:
We get it. And we'll be here when you have the time to entertain us once more. :)

In the meantime, I'm sending love and pixie dust to all my Disfriends.

Right back atcha! :)

Wait.... Meghan... something. I think I remember you...

Hi stranger! Nice to see you again.

:wave: I've missed you, @pkondz!

Holy smokes! :eek: You must be wiped out!

Sure am!! It's been a brutal semester, and we're all hanging by a thread, and most of the rest of the class is only spending half as much time in practicum as my partner and I have been, so we're feeling it even worse. But it's wiped out in a good way...mostly. The course material is interesting, and occasionally we're even doing things that feel like they matter.

Good! :goodvibes
Glad to see you've found this out. :)

Yes! I'd be lying if I didn't admit that prior to this placement...the elderly made me feel kinda nervous and uncomfortable. Long-term care facilities felt like places out of creepy movies, and medical instability makes me anxious. I thought I'd have to just to try to get through it as best I could and get it over with. But it's turned out to be one of my favourite things I've done in my degree so far! The residents we're working with keep surprising me with what they're capable of when they're given the right supports. We worked with a gentleman with Parkinson's who could barely be understood by his wife or the staff most of the time because his speech had become so quiet and unintelligible, and by the end of our first session with him he was speaking clearly at a normal volume with a few reminders here and there. Pretty sure his wife's jaw hit the floor when we showed her. :goodvibes:lovestruc

We get it. And we'll be here when you have the time to entertain us once more. :)

:hug: Thanks!

:wave: I've missed you, @pkondz!

:wave:

Sure am!! It's been a brutal semester, and we're all hanging by a thread, and most of the rest of the class is only spending half as much time in practicum as my partner and I have been, so we're feeling it even worse. But it's wiped out in a good way...mostly. The course material is interesting, and occasionally we're even doing things that feel like they matter.

Of course you're doing things that matter! My goodness! What could possibly matter more than taking care of people???

Yes! I'd be lying if I didn't admit that prior to this placement...the elderly made me feel kinda nervous and uncomfortable.

I understand this...

Long-term care facilities felt like places out of creepy movies, and medical instability makes me anxious.

... yes. This.

I thought I'd have to just to try to get through it as best I could and get it over with. But it's turned out to be one of my favourite things I've done in my degree so far! The residents we're working with keep surprising me with what they're capable of when they're given the right supports

:goodvibes So happy to hear you're enjoying it!

We worked with a gentleman with Parkinson's who could barely be understood by his wife or the staff most of the time because his speech had become so quiet and unintelligible, and by the end of our first session with him he was speaking clearly at a normal volume with a few reminders here and there. Pretty sure his wife's jaw hit the floor when we showed her. :goodvibes:lovestruc

Wow! That's... Meghan, that's verging on down-right miraculous! :worship:

Hey!! Just saying hello...it's been a while for me too but I am trying to catch up!! Sounds like you have been super busy but managed to squeeze in some Disney here and there!! Looking forward to following along again!!

Hello, I'm new on disboard. I'm from France. I plan to trip to disney on april 2021. So I went on disboard to dream with other's trip. I discovered you with "I do'nt like my family", then I had read your precedent trip. Your wedding was very beautiful. I like your state of mind. You are beautiful personn and your husband is a great artist. I hope that yours studies will be fine. I'm sure you will be good at your work because you love others.

Hey friends! Remember that time that your good Disfriend Meghan disappeared from the face of the Dis for three months? :eek: It was a truly dark time in trip reporting history, I know. Let’s not talk about it. I’m home now—that’s what matters. It’s time for this trip reporter to get her butt back into gear if she ever wants to finish this TR before the next trip begins! ...I'm looking at how many days are left to write about...and it's pretty daunting. :scared1: So let’s get cracking! It’s been nearly five months since I posted an update related to what actually happened on this trip, so I’ve got some serious work to do! (I promise that I will get caught up on all your reports again as soon as I can.)

At this point, I don’t remember what most of the quotes I wrote down in my notes were actually about, or when they actually happened, so naming the remaining chapters could be a challenge. Hmmm…*closes eyes and points at random*...let’s begin with….

“I’m Gonna Beat Him With a Stick!”
Aug. 17—Part 2

Yeah…I have no idea what the context was for that quote, or when it was said, except that I remember it was said by a parent. :confused3 :laughing:

After our PPO breakfast at Garden Grill—which now feels like a lifetime ago—it was still a few minutes before park opening. We went straight to Soarin’, and they were already letting breakfast folks in. Nothing like an empty Disney queue line to warm my frozen heart.

MfNeF9k.jpg

bMsmhIX.jpg

We were given the B section without even asking, which was just the cherry on the top of a wonderful morning!

Nice to see you, Patrick!

EpytuoX.jpg

Next we walked straight on to Living with the Land. I love this ride! I’m hopeful that maybe sometime in the next few years Disney will make some updates to this ride to reflect up-and-coming innovations to help combat the climate crisis. If anyone could lead the way in this in a way that's accessible to the masses, I like to believe it would be those who carry on Walt’s radical vision.

iW4nJmb.jpg

eIA2BEY.jpg

ssYMLPD.jpg

0bDCCqV.jpg

We wandered a bit and enjoyed the beautiful Epcot day.

kzdc3G4.jpg

cUL1s8R.jpg

I stopped at the pin kiosk, likely to purchase one or two mystery bags (this was a common theme of the trip.) And we stopped to see a photopass photographer before the daily film of sweat became too pronounced.

EXQdiMC.jpg

Oh my goodness, I forgot how cool it was to have pink hair! :cool: I miss it very much these days.

Then we hit Test Track. I’m not sure, but I expect this was our first FP of the day? I didn’t write that down though, so who knows!

1Csy4gU.jpg

jR3Lsds.jpg

krmtqEk.jpg

:rotfl:

dqFgyKS.jpg

6nzBxld.jpg

We stopped by one of my favourite places at Epcot, the Fountain of Nations. How I will miss this when it’s gone! #StillFeelingSaltyAboutThisTBH

jzwwmWj.jpg

We rode the Seas with Nemo and Friends, and thank gawd, we found Nemo again. I always get a little anxious on this ride thinking that it could finally be the time when we lose him for good. :faint:

lNyGsfj.jpg

ZL7WLkm.jpg

We stopped in to visit Baymax…

PRaFLki.jpg

bU7npGM.jpg

…and a few other friends across the way as well!

iAI0P9n.jpg

naM6Fs4.jpg

QXBcwHb.jpg

wpHaUJR.jpg

VlVsJSv.jpg

7EKyKm9.jpg

#tallfriendshug

d5n0KUA.jpg

Zf1uocB.jpg

ySBAzQm.jpg

qolEBgc.jpg

We were making great time, and doing all kinds of fun things, using an Epcot touring strategy that I was beginning to think might be one of my favourite ways of doing Epcot! (Early GG breakfast for the win!) We were already slowing down a bit though, especially seeing as we were still adjusting to the toasty temperatures. We decided to wander a bit more so I could take some photos, hit one more ride, and then take a break.

Alright! There's at least one more update on the way today, maybe two, depending on how productive I am before the Mother’s Day celebrations with my mom and my niece’s mom begin. On that note, a very Happy Mother’s Day :cheer2: to all my Disfriends who are mothers, or who have wonderful mothers like mine. I’m so blessed that my mom is a kind and fierce superhero of a woman, and everything I hope to be when I “grow up.” :lovestruc Equally, sending love and light out to my Disfriends who may have difficult relationships with their mothers or their children, who may have lost someone and find this day difficult, who choose not to be mothers, or who desperately want to be mothers. I see you, and I’m thinking of you today. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!