"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

Then we headed to one of my favourite rides, E.T.
Ooooh, I remember this as a kid! If you can believe it, I haven't been to Universal in 22 years! :scared1: I have plans to go back in November... so I was very excited to see all your great pictures :goodvibes

This, by the way, is where the quote from this update's title came from, when CR's daughter decides to go outside, despite CR's absence, and play. I thought it was very appropriate for how I feel about Disney trips as an adult! :goodvibes
Right?! :rotfl:

Our trips are nearly here! I hope you and N have a safe trip down... and maybe I'll run into you :thumbsup2;) Have a magical trip!!! :goodvibes

Ooooh, I remember this as a kid! If you can believe it, I haven't been to Universal in 22 years! :scared1: I have plans to go back in November... so I was very excited to see all your great pictures :goodvibes

Wow! There are a few updates that will be new for you then, I'm sure! I hope you have fun :goodvibes

Our trips are nearly here! I hope you and N have a safe trip down... and maybe I'll run into you :thumbsup2;) Have a magical trip!!! :goodvibes

Hopefully we cross paths! If you'd like to try to coordinate something, send me a message here or in Facebookland. But if we don't end up arranging anything, and I see you somewhere, I'll be sure to say hello!

As I've alluded to in the title of this update, this day we were headed to Universal Studios. I'm gonna try to keep the updates from this day relatively brief since this is the Disney TR forum.
I'm always just as happy to read about US as I am Disney!
N rode Rip Ride Rocket first before he lost his nerve. I stayed safely on the ground.
Love that one so much!
...and I beat N pretty mercilessly. I'm not exceptionally fantastic at this ride, but I'm better than N, which was all that mattered!
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
Then we rode Escape from Gringotts. I took the picture below because I was shocked that the standby line was only 40 minutes in the early afternoon! Maybe everyone was at lunch. :confused3
Wow! So was it really a 40-ish minute wait by the time it was said and done?
I know most people find Diagon Alley more impressive, and maybe objectively I'd agree that it is, but there's something about the Hogsmeade side that just feels more special and magical to me.
I think that does make sense. And I know this is part of the theming of the land, but to me, Diagon Alley, while well themed, just feels busy and kind of claustrophobic. I like the more laid back/natural/outdoors vibe of Hogsmeade.
Then we were entering my favourite area of the park: Jurassic Park.
::yes:: I remember going to Universal Studios when they were building IOA. They had a display all about the new lands and what was coming. They even had a triceratops animatronic and I was so excited to see that land come to life!!
(It was actually too cool, really. I hate to complain in the Florida heat about air conditioning, but it was intensely cold in the theatre, and I ended up wishing I'd brought the sweater I pack on summer trips for occasions such as this.)
:rotfl2: Well, I guess it did the job and got you cooled off! My sisters have always taken sweatshirts or something for when we go into a restaurant or something. I welcome the freeze!
We went back toward IoA, and N rode the Hulk coaster.
I miss this ride so much! I need to get back to IOA sometime!
We were eating at Mythos! Normally this meal is a slam-dunk for us, but *spoiler alert* this time I ordered poorly and it wasn't great.
Sorry Mythos didn't quite live up to its reputation this time around.

Wow! So was it really a 40-ish minute wait by the time it was said and done?

If I recall correctly, it was. Shocking, I know!

I think that does make sense. And I know this is part of the theming of the land, but to me, Diagon Alley, while well themed, just feels busy and kind of claustrophobic. I like the more laid back/natural/outdoors vibe of Hogsmeade.

I agree with this completely. I think this has a lot to do with why I prefer Hogsmeade.

:rotfl2: Well, I guess it did the job and got you cooled off! My sisters have always taken sweatshirts or something for when we go into a restaurant or something. I welcome the freeze!

I find it makes me feel kinda icky sometimes switching back and forth between such intense temperature differences. But it's also a refreshing break from the sweltering heat of summer!

I miss this ride so much! I need to get back to IOA sometime!

Nathan loves it. I hope you can get back there soon!

Hello, friends! I had hoped to get back here for one more update before we left for our WDW trip, but that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen at this point. Oops! I've still got a bit of last-minute packing to do, and then in the morning we hit the road bright and early! N and I are both getting excited to get back to Disney and put our awesome August Trip Plan into motion. Unfortunately, N has managed to catch a cold right before leaving, so those of you who read the eventual TR will have to wait and see whether I manage to stay healthy sharing a car with him for 2-3 days... :scared: (Seriously!? Who gets a cold in August!?...TWICE! I got sick, as you'll recall from my last update, this time last year, and if N gets me sick again, that'll make two years running on our anniversary trip!)

Today also happened to be our actual 2 "Ear" anniversary. I can't wait till we're celebrating with our favourite mice (and hopefully a few Disfriends) soon! My DIS attendance is likely to be spotty between now and when we get back in September, but I'll do my best to get all caught up again soon.

Until then, in case I don't get back to this thread or to others, See ya real soon!

mJgV46y.gif

Hi Meghan! I got too far behind to quote, but your surfing lessons looked awesome! That was so nice that guy took all of those pictures, and some of them were hilarious!

I'm bummed Yachtsman's wasn't good for you. We've only been once and loved it and we've been dying to go back again! I hope that night was just a fluke.

I know you're almost to WDW from your Facebook post! Have fun and enjoy Galaxy's Edge! I'm super jealous of all of you who get to go! I'll be living vicariously through all of you!

Last edited:
Playing catch up all over the boards today and not doing a lot of multi-quoting. :) But, I LOVED reading about your adventures in Uni since I'm going to finally get some time there this trip. :) Been waiting to see the Potter stuff forever and have been watching the movies in order to prepare. So thanks for a great sneak peek!

(And also because I need to just get through this trip report already, let's be real, and we're only like halfway there. It's been almost a year. Oops!)

I feel your pain!! Racing to finish mine too!! And trying to keep up on my new one!!

Then I took some pictures along the way as we sauntered over to our dinner reservation.

You... sauntered!!!!! :cloud9:

We were eating at Mythos! Normally this meal is a slam-dunk for us, but *spoiler alert* this time I ordered poorly and it wasn't great.

I kinda want to eat there!! It looks so well themed!

You really did get a lot done in one day. Sorry you weren't feeling 100%. On that note I hope you stayed healthy for your current trip. Happy Belated Anniversary!

I was so painfully behind here (and everywhere!) that I didn't bother to quote as I got caught up. That surfing lesson sounded like so much fun!! I had never even heard of it being offered before! What a great find, and so glad you enjoyed it.

I am enjoying the pics from your current trip that you've been sharing. Yay for social media! Can't wait to hear all the details of another fabulous trip when you return! Have so much fun!

Hopefully we cross paths! If you'd like to try to coordinate something, send me a message here or in Facebookland. But if we don't end up arranging anything, and I see you somewhere, I'll be sure to say hello!
I'm just now seeing this - I'm SO sorry! I would have loved to have coordinated something. Since we're both August travelers, hopefully our paths will cross in the future. I hope you had a wonderful time!!! :goodvibes

I got so far behind on your trip report but I'm all caught up now. Have a safe trip and Happy Anniversary!! Your tattoo is beautiful, I hope you are able to show it off on your trip. Im sorry you had such bad luck with dining on this trip, hopefully it will be better this time. Congratulations on finishing your first internship!! You're getting so close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter