"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

It's so nice to see you back and posting updates, Meghan!

I love EMM and will go again the first chance I get! We always grab a quick first breakfast too, and then a bigger second breakfast. We only get to do that in Disney, so why not?! :-)

Congratulations again on earning your Masters. I work with some SLPs in the NICU and thinks it's kind of a cool profession. What population will you be working with?

Hi Mehgan!
So happy you came back to finish up this report.
EMM at MK sounds wonderful!
It's on my wish list!

Hi Jenny! Thanks for continuing to follow along, no matter how long I've let this TR drag on! I highly recommend EMM. I'm sure it will be offered again in future as soon as things are closer to back to normal again. It was such a great experience! Lines were short, and the breakfast was quite good. We've also done the EMM at DHS, and I'd have a hard time deciding which one we liked better. Both were great! DHS had slightly better food in my opinion, and short lines for Slinky Dog were awesome, but the rides at MK and seeing Fantasyland with such low crowd levels was so magical!

I totally feel you on the TR front! I'm trying to get caught up with a bunch more of the ones I read before I finish up posting! I'm ashamed at how far behind I am!

It's a challenge! I'm so behind everywhere. We'll get ourselves caught up eventually!

Nice to see you posting again.
Congratulations on your Master’s of Science in Speech Pathology :thumbsup2
I’m glad to hear you and N are doing well.
The EMM does look fun, we tried the DHS one at TSL and that was wonderful!

Thanks, Caroline! I'm so pleased and proud to have my degree finished. It was a long haul! :)

EMM at MK was really awesome! We also got to try the EMM at DHS, and it might even be slightly more fun in my opinion, but it's really hard to pick a favourite because they were both awesome!

Ah yes. The great weight gain of 2020 is upon us.

The struggle is real. More time for exercising, but also more time for baking.

I've already said it, but Congratulations! :)

Thank you!

What did you plant??
Betting tomatoes since you said you lost some.

You're right! We did plant some tomatoes (and lose some.) We also lost a couple of bell peppers. Aside from those, we also planted lettuce, collard greens, beets, onions, green onions, beans, peas, carrots, and sunflowers. We planted a "wildflower" mix that's supposed to attract butterflies which are just starting to pop up now, and a few other flowers for the neighbourhood bees. I've also got a mint plant for summer cocktails/mocktails/smoothies, but it's in a pot because those suckers will absolutely take over a garden! I tried to grow some other herbs from seed indoors, but they haven't germinated yet, so we'll see if anything comes from that.

Oh! I'm not sure I knew this was a thing? I knew about late but not early?

Yeah, it's a real treat! Breakfast is included, and there's a small selection of rides available with very short lines. We've done it at MK and at DHS, and they were both excellent.

That's a cool shot. Too bad you don't know them (assuming?) because that's a great shot of them.

Thanks! Yeah, a shame that I couldn't send it to them. They looked like they were having a lot of fun!

I'm still following (don't groan too loud).

Congratulations on finishing your masters. I know it was a lot if work and stress.

I don't have a lot of actual computer time now a days, so if I don't multiquote, please contain the extreme sadness. :lmao:

The struggle is real. More time for exercising, but also more time for baking.
Oh, man... so true!
And snacking! Don't forget the snacking!
You're right! We did plant some tomatoes (and lose some.) We also lost a couple of bell peppers. Aside from those, we also planted lettuce, collard greens, beets, onions, green onions, beans, peas, carrots, and sunflowers. We planted a "wildflower" mix that's supposed to attract butterflies which are just starting to pop up now, and a few other flowers for the neighbourhood bees. I've also got a mint plant for summer cocktails/mocktails/smoothies, but it's in a pot because those suckers will absolutely take over a garden! I tried to grow some other herbs from seed indoors, but they haven't germinated yet, so we'll see if anything comes from that.
Wow! You've got lots! I was expecting 2-3 plant types. You're gonna have so much fresh veggies! Colour me envious. :)
Thanks! Yeah, a shame that I couldn't send it to them. They looked like they were having a lot of fun!
::yes::

Yay!!! @MeghanEmily back for her triumphant return!! :) So glad to "see" you back. Also, wonderful to hear that you and Nathan have been safe and healthy during all the madness that is 2020. Congratulations on your graduation, Master Meghan!

I actually started two TRs while you've been away (I think!) If your DIS ambition remains in play, I hope you'll pop over to read! :)

Thanks so much!! I'm glad to be back!

Wow, I'll definitely add them to my "To Read" list! Looking forward to it :)

Hi, Meghan! I decided to log on & lose myself in the Dis boards for my mental health today (I've also been binge watching Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings today). Too much anxiety, too much upheaval, too much everything & I can feel myself getting spiraling into panic. Anyway, I'm so glad there was a new post from you! I haven't commented on a trip report since your wedding, but following along your adventures always makes me smile. Glad you're well & congratulations on your master's degree!! Best wishes! :lovestruc

I'm so glad my TR could be a small part of your DIS self-care in this stressful time. I've definitely felt an effect on my mental health as well. But there are small joys (like reading about Disney!) to help make the days better. Thanks so much for the congratulations and well-wishes! So nice to see your comment on here again!

Welcome back! It's fun to log in and see updates from my favorite place!

Congrats on your master's degree!

Can't wait to read more!

Thank you so much! I'm grateful that you continue to read along!

It's so nice to see you back and posting updates, Meghan!

I love EMM and will go again the first chance I get! We always grab a quick first breakfast too, and then a bigger second breakfast. We only get to do that in Disney, so why not?! :-)

Congratulations again on earning your Masters. I work with some SLPs in the NICU and thinks it's kind of a cool profession. What population will you be working with?

Thanks so much! Yes, EMM is really such a treat! And when in Disney, I definitely love to indulge in a little extra breakfast, especially when it's included in your ticket price!

That's really neat that you work with some SLPs in the NICU! It's definitely really interesting and specialized work for SLPs. That's one area I wish we'd been given more training on in our degree programs, but the little information we did receive makes me think it might be tough sometimes but would also be very rewarding to work as an SLP with that population. Most of my clinical experience from my program ended up being with kids, both preschool populations, and school-aged. I was offered a job for the fall—fingers crossed everything goes through okay! I'm still waiting on my contract, so nothing is official yet! As long as that works out, then I'll be working in schools before too long. This is one of my favourite populations to work with, so I'm excited about that. In this school district I'll work with kids aged 5-18+, but most direct service happens up to grade 3, and beyond that it's a lot more consultative work for older students. If I hadn't gotten a school-based job, then my next favourite population to work with would be older adults, especially people with dementia, or people who are recovering from stroke.

I'm still following (don't groan too loud).

Congratulations on finishing your masters. I know it was a lot if work and stress.

I don't have a lot of actual computer time now a days, so if I don't multiquote, please contain the extreme sadness. :lmao:

Hi, Doc! Great to "see" you here! Thanks for continuing to follow along, even though I'm dragging my feet here. And thanks for the congratulations! It feels good to be done my degree :)

Oh, man... so true!
And snacking! Don't forget the snacking!

Oooh yes. Don't get me started on the snacking! It's a problem.

Wow! You've got lots! I was expecting 2-3 plant types. You're gonna have so much fresh veggies! Colour me envious. :)

Yes, if the frost doesn't kill everything, we'll have quite the haul! (Seriously, though. We're supposed to get another frost overnight tonight! It's very rare we get this much frost in New Brunswick beyond the end of May! :headache:) We only planted a row of each for the most part. And some, like onions and green onions, are even sharing a row. But we'll have a nice little selection I think!

Aww awesome to have you back with us again, Meghan! Missed you!

I love your EMM at MK. Ours was a lot like yours, very crowd-free and we got so much done in Fantasyland. We enjoyed the breakfast options and thought they were pretty generous.

HUGE congrats to your finishing the Masters!! That's SO awesome and such a HUGE accomplishment! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Oooh yes. Don't get me started on the snacking! It's a problem.
But a fun one!
Until you step on a scale... then the laughter stops.
We're supposed to get another frost overnight tonight! It's very rare we get this much frost in New Brunswick beyond the end of May! :headache:)
I believe you! What's going on Mother Nature???
We only planted a row of each for the most part. And some, like onions and green onions, are even sharing a row. But we'll have a nice little selection I think!

Aww awesome to have you back with us again, Meghan! Missed you!

Thank you! It's good to be back!

I love your EMM at MK. Ours was a lot like yours, very crowd-free and we got so much done in Fantasyland. We enjoyed the breakfast options and thought they were pretty generous.

That's exactly how we felt. Such a nice treat!

HUGE congrats to your finishing the Masters!! That's SO awesome and such a HUGE accomplishment! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thank you! I'm definitely proud, and feeling very relieved to have it done!

But a fun one!
Until you step on a scale... then the laughter stops.

I believe you! What's going on Mother Nature???

I have no idea! But it's strange! We also had a snowstorm in May. Because, in the words of Justin Trudeau, "that's just what 2020 brings."

"I don't wash it!"
Aug. 26—Part 2

After our second breakfast at the end of Early Morning Magic had come to a close, we rolled ourselves out of Pinocchio's. N hopped over to Space Mountain for a quick ride with a short queue, and I made a second attempt at meeting Merida....and she had returned! I seem to recall that the line had just begun to build, but that I didn't end up waiting too long.

e0djopK.jpg

Merida is consistently an entertaining meet for me. Aside from the fact that she's my favourite princess, she also tends to be super animated and fun when you see her in person for a meet and greet. Today, however, was probably the most fun I'd ever had with Merida, which is especially impressive seeing as I was meeting her alone. I had my Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters for her to sign, and I had mentioned to her that I thought it was unfortunate that some popular characters didn't have their own pages, or that her mom didn't get a shoutout, but that there were pages dedicated to more obscure characters, etc. She began flipping through the pages, stopping from time to time so we could critique who was included and who had been missed. "WALL-E has a page?!" she exclaimed. "What's he gonna' do? DRIVE over it??"

When she got to this page, with Skipper the plane receiving an entire to page to himself, she was exasperated: "WHERE IS THE LINE?!" she cried!

Xvkfzqw.jpg

Before grabbing a quick selfie together, I just had to ask Merida my most burning question: How does she manage her hair in the summer humidity? (I asked this, as I was absolutely melting by mid-morning, and she looked fresh as a flower!) Her response? "I don't wash it!" :rotfl:

kDRzfJU.jpg

9tLZ9oP.jpg

I met N at the entrance to the Stitch queue line. As you can see in the photos, I had been wearing a Stitch tank top, and this instantly made me Stitch's new best friend! We were inseparable from the time our meet began. He immediately tackled me in a serious hug that nearly took me off my feet, then pointed to N's shirt and blew a raspberry noise, as if to chastise him for not repping any Stitch merch.

6ZFJsb5.jpg

FMV1Mnj.jpg

wjHHGTV.jpg

4Yw6WRh.jpg

When I tried to leave at what I thought was the end of the meet, Stitch wouldn't let me go! So we waved goodbye to N, content to hang out together in the Happiest Place on Earth forever. When we finally said goodbye, Stitch "licked" my face with a slurpy sound, and I told him I'd never wash it again.

8H052D2.jpg

Aa9mWQg.jpg

After prying ourselves away from the Stitch meet, we rode one of our favourite challenges: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin! I was the first space recruit to make Galactic Hero status...

CPWtdGY.jpg

T2MDAPH.jpg

...then I patiently waited for N to catch up....

oeTyBdO.jpg

....until we were BOTH Galactic Heroes! Finally!!

ZWGt34L.jpg

peo6GBJ.jpg

o1tRd7i.jpg

The Peoplemover was the perfect way to celebrate.

mYI8ERa.jpg

While we rode, we were even treated to a viewing of Space Mountain with the lights on!

yhNmX6p.jpg

Next, we were headed over to Frontierland. I had back-to-back FPs at Big Thunder and Splash Mountain that I was excited about.

SJhp0ym.jpg

Getting in line for BTMRR is what I now see as the initiating event that resulted in one awesome thing and one horrifying thing...

Okay, let's do the awesome one first!

As we stepped in line, we ended up behind the family that gifted us with my trip report title! The lady in front of us was telling a young guy in her party all about Fantasmic! and how much he would enjoy it. She had been to see Fantasmic! before, and so she knew just how to sell it so he would be intrigued. In her thick-as-pea-soup southern drawl, she proclaimed: "When I went...it was all lights (laaa-eeets,) and music (meeeyooooo-sic,) and Mickey doin' his magic (maayuh-gic)!!" :lovestruc:lovestruc

I hope that guy ended up going to see Fantasmic! And as someone who is far too passionate about the show, I hope he loved it. I couldn't have described it better than that lady did if I tried. Not only was this the perfect description of Fantasmic!, but it also perfectly described our wildly magical anniversary trip to a T.

...Now for the horrible bit... So we rode BTMRR. I probably got a little mildly queasy, as I tend to do these days when I take a ride on that rickety railroad, but I don't remember feeling all too rough when I was done the ride....that is....until we got to the exit queue and I reached down into my shorts pocket for my nearly-dead cell phone to double check whether we were in our Splash Mountain FP window...and my hand came up empty!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Immediately, panic set in. My phone was my lifeline on vacation, and it held a huge number of vacation photos that I hadn't yet backed up. I suspect I was beginning to turn a sickly shade of green as I told N that my phone was gone, and we made our way back to the disembarking area of BTMRR to flag down a cast member. It was such a stupid, preventable mistake, and I knew exactly how it had happened. My shorts pockets were really just slightly too shallow to safely protect my phone when we were going from standing-to-sitting-to-standing on rides—don't get me started on the utility of pockets in women's clothing—and I knew that it must have slipped out in the ride seat.

The CM we found was going to ask his co-workers to take a look in all the rows before reloading each coaster. We waited, anxious. After a couple of ride vehicles came through, the CM returned and told us that my phone was probably gone, and to check with guest relations to see if anyone turned it in.

Suddenly, a break in the case! N's phone began to ring! :eek:

Before leaving for any trips, I had always changed my phone's lock screen to include a message that if it was found to call N's phone number. (I've since updated that message to say that it should be returned to an employee, or lost and found! Much more efficient! But, I digress.)

N answered his phone. A man on the other end of the call spoke to him in Spanish, with occasional broken strings of English words peppered in. Neither of us speak Spanish. N tried to communicate with the man as best he could with where we were standing, hoping the man would come meet us. Then the call dropped.

My phone had died.

To say I was distraught was an understatement. In the scheme of things, a cell phone is just a thing. It can be replaced. But I was already thinking about the photos I'd lost...all my trip report notes...how I'd never get to tell you all about all the amazing ways we celebrated our first anniversary... (LOL, if I'd known then that it would take me two years to write this report, maybe I wouldn't have been so concerned!! :lmao:)

We decided that our only hope was that the man knew to take the phone to guest relations, or that he'd give it to a CM who would get it there, and that we should head in that direction. I was feeling warm, dehydrated, and a bit nauseas from the heat and the panic. N and I picked up some frozen treats on the way—a raspberry frozen lemonade for me, and a citrus swirl for him. We figured it would take a few minutes for the phone to make its way to GR anyway, and we needed a boost.

We made it to the front of the park, and waited for what seemed like years in a moderately long guest relations line. After what was probably more like 20 minutes, we met the man who, to be clear, is the absolute hero of this story. That man's name is Jim At Guest Relations. And he saved my life that day.

After a series of questions, Jim At Guest Relations told me that he didn't think a phone matching my description had been turned in, but that he'd look in the back for me...

...a few minutes later, he returned carrying a clear plastic ziplock with my poor misplaced phone inside! I could have cried. I didn't. But I definitely could have. I let out the world's largest sigh of relief.

Then, panic hit again, in a smaller wave. I told Jim At Guest Relations that my phone had most likely died, that I knew that battery had been low, and that when the person who found it tried to call us the call had disconnected. I didn't have a charger, so I wasn't sure how I'd be able to show him it was my phone and I was able to unlock it, etc. But I never should have second-guessed Disney magic. Naturally, Mickey keeps multiple different cell phone chargers on had at GR for situations just like this! (Either that, or I used one from the lost and found that another guest had misplaced and never returned for?? :confused3) Regardless, a couple of minutes later I was unlocking my phone (and promising it that I'd never let it leave my side again!) and Jim At Guest Relations was sending me off with best wishes for a magical day!

Crisis averted!

To this day, I have never put my phone in a shorts pocket again. Lesson learned.

After our eventful afternoon, it was time for a bit of a resort break before dinner. We returned to the Grand Floridian and decided to rent a couple of searacers. I'm a big fan of these, and we had a ball! I think I had the most fun, as my searacer ended up being much faster than N's! Maybe it's because I weigh less than him, or I just lucked into a speedier boat, but I was speeding circles around him, and he was not amused. :rotfl:

I guess I wasn't willing to risk something horrible happening to my phone/electronics twice in one day, because I don't have any photos of this. That, or maybe I was just letting my dead phone charge. But once we finished on the water, we freshened up and headed back to the Magic Kingdom for dinner.

UbRS2pJ.jpg

uLB2Oak.jpg

C7MudRf.jpg

We had heard great things from friends about the recent (at the time) changes to Be Our Guest's dinner menu, moving dinner service to a 2-credit signature meal.

sxIP2pN.jpg

BLkJM9H.jpg

U6AKEmR.jpg

GbFv23F.jpg

tlBrgbe.jpg

6yadHeI.jpg

epyfphs.jpg

Long story short, we weren't overly impressed with the new Be Our Guest dinner. It was perfectly fine, though some dishes were overcooked or bland, but it certainly didn't feel worth the price or the hype. The castle, as usual, was beautiful, but it can be seen much more frugally for breakfast or lunch. We'd had many other meals that lived up to their signature name much more so than this one did, and we felt it was a one-and-done kind of experience.

We didn't leave, however, without saying hello to the master of the castle...

eCX4BzG.jpg

After such an eventful day, we must have been about ready to call it a night...but this was our last Disney day, and we couldn't leave any opportunity for Disney magic unfulfilled... Two more updates left to finish out this day...coming up soon!

Yeah you're back!!!!!!!!!!! Now you better not go doing a disappearing act again.

Congrats again on getting your Master's. That is a huge accomplishment!!!!

Wow what good luck with someone finding our phone and then turning it in. Sometimes the universe just knows when you need some pixie dust.

What a fun meet with Merida!!! Would you believe I STILL have yet to meet her myself?!

I can completely sympathize with that nauseous worried feeling of losing a phone at WDW....but sadly, they never were able to retrieve my phone. I dropped it exiting Rock'n rollercoaster, and the last supervisor I spoke to said it was likely lost to an unreachable part of the depths below the track mechanisms. :( My biggest worry was my photos, as well, but thankfully all the pictures I'd taken were safely backed up in Google Photos (I found that out later!) Glad your story had a happy ever after ending!!

Your meet with Merida looked awesome- and with Stitch!
I'm so sorry that you lost your phone- glad it was promptly returned to you!
I've been hesitant to try the new BoG dinner- we loved it in the past, but think we will stick with lunch/breakfast.
Can't wait to hear more about your night!

I was JUST thinking about you about a week ago and wondering about school! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! As someone who has recently gone through the whole Master's thing, I know the amount of work that goes into it. I am so proud of you!!!!!!!

While we rode, we were even treated to a viewing of Space Mountain with the lights on!
I love it when that happens! Although it always panics me a little when riding Space Mountain the next time :rotfl:

I couldn't have described it better than that lady did if I tried.
Right?! That was perfect.

Crisis averted!
OMG I can only imagine your panic! Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers :goodvibes And I'm so glad that it didn't take up any more time than it did - I'm sure every minute felt like forever already!

Happy to see you back :hug:

I'm so glad you guys are doing ok! Congrats on your graduation!

Sounds like you guys enjoyed EMM!

That sounds like such a fun meet with Merida!

Haha I love the story behind the TR title! She described it perfectly!

Omg what a scary moment with your phone! I would have been distraught too! I'm so glad it was found and turned into GR!

Yeah you're back!!!!!!!!!!! Now you better not go doing a disappearing act again.

Thanks! Good to be back! I'll try my best to stick around :)

Congrats again on getting your Master's. That is a huge accomplishment!!!!

Thank you!! It's so great to have that chapter all finished up now!

Wow what good luck with someone finding our phone and then turning it in. Sometimes the universe just knows when you need some pixie dust.

Oh my gosh it was soooo lucky! Definitely a little dose of Disney magic when I needed it.

What a fun meet with Merida!!! Would you believe I STILL have yet to meet her myself?!

Oh my goodness, I hope you get the chance to meet her soon! She's so much fun! Even your boys might enjoy her charm and sense of humour :)

I can completely sympathize with that nauseous worried feeling of losing a phone at WDW....but sadly, they never were able to retrieve my phone. I dropped it exiting Rock'n rollercoaster, and the last supervisor I spoke to said it was likely lost to an unreachable part of the depths below the track mechanisms. :( My biggest worry was my photos, as well, but thankfully all the pictures I'd taken were safely backed up in Google Photos (I found that out later!) Glad your story had a happy ever after ending!!

Yes, I remember that story :( I actually thought of you as I was writing about my near-disaster with my phone. I'm so glad you could salvage your photos, but sorry that they never found your phone!

That looks like some crazy monster remnants!

LOL it really did! Close enough, since it was octopus.

Your meet with Merida looked awesome- and with Stitch!
I'm so sorry that you lost your phone- glad it was promptly returned to you!
I've been hesitant to try the new BoG dinner- we loved it in the past, but think we will stick with lunch/breakfast.
Can't wait to hear more about your night!

It really was an awesome meet and greet! Merida is so fun :) If you ever give the new BoG dinner a shot, I'd love to hear what you think about it! We wouldn't go again, but others I know have had good experiences.

I was JUST thinking about you about a week ago and wondering about school! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! As someone who has recently gone through the whole Master's thing, I know the amount of work that goes into it. I am so proud of you!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, Tracy!! I know you understand exactly how good it feels when all the hard work pays off!

I love it when that happens! Although it always panics me a little when riding Space Mountain the next time :rotfl:

Good point!

OMG I can only imagine your panic! Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers :goodvibes And I'm so glad that it didn't take up any more time than it did - I'm sure every minute felt like forever already!

Oh my gosh, I was totally freaked out. Thank goodness for the kind people who turned it in instead of pocketing it for themselves, and the awesome CMs at Guest Relations! It could have been so much worse!

I'm so glad you guys are doing ok! Congrats on your graduation!

Thanks so much!!

Sounds like you guys enjoyed EMM!

That sounds like such a fun meet with Merida!

These really were such fun ways to start the day! EMM was awesome, and Merida was super fun and on the ball this morning. :)

Haha I love the story behind the TR title! She described it perfectly!

I thought so, too! We'd been tossing around lots of TR titles throughout the trip like we often do, but when I heard that it just gave me such nice warm-and-fuzzy feelings, so it had to be that one. :)

Omg what a scary moment with your phone! I would have been distraught too! I'm so glad it was found and turned into GR!

It was such a panicky situation! But Guest Relations and the nice people who turned it in really saved the day!

We also had a snowstorm in May. Because, in the words of Justin Trudeau, "that's just what 2020 brings."
:laughing:
N hopped over to Space Mountain for a quick ride with a short queue,
And didn't lose second or first breakfast!
she also tends to be super animated and fun when you see her in person for a meet and greet.
Maybe I should make a point of seeing her next time.
Today, however, was probably the most fun I'd ever had with Merida,
Yay! :)
I had mentioned to her that I thought it was unfortunate that some popular characters didn't have their own pages, or that her mom didn't get a shoutout, but that there were pages dedicated to more obscure characters, etc. She began flipping through the pages, stopping from time to time so we could critique who was included and who had been missed. "WALL-E has a page?!" she exclaimed. "What's he gonna' do? DRIVE over it??"
When she got to this page, with Skipper the plane receiving an entire to page to himself, she was exasperated: "WHERE IS THE LINE?!" she cried!
:rotfl:
What a fun photo! :laughing:
How does she manage her hair in the summer humidity? (I asked this, as I was absolutely melting by mid-morning, and she looked fresh as a flower!) Her response? "I don't wash it!"
:laughing: Well, that certainly answers that!
I had been wearing a Stitch tank top, and this instantly made me Stitch's new best friend!
:)
then pointed to N's shirt and blew a raspberry noise, as if to chastise him for not repping any Stitch merch.
Certainly not shy, is he.
Cute selfie. :)
When we finally said goodbye, Stitch "licked" my face with a slurpy sound, and I told him I'd never wash it again.
:laughing: So your face will be able to handle the humidity now!
I was the first space recruit to make Galactic Hero status...
You win! Atta girl!
Had that happen once. Bit surreal, isn't it?
Getting in line for BTMRR is what I now see as the initiating event that resulted in one awesome thing and one horrifying thing...
uh oh...
"When I went...it was all lights (laaa-eeets,) and music (meeeyooooo-sic,) and Mickey doin' his magic (maayuh-gic)!!" :lovestruc:lovestruc
Awww... but with the accent, I kinda want to laugh, too.
Not only was this the perfect description of Fantasmic!, but it also perfectly described our wildly magical anniversary trip to a T.
:goodvibes
we got to the exit queue and I reached down into my shorts pocket for my nearly-dead cell phone to double check whether we were in our Splash Mountain FP window...and my hand came up empty!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Oh, no! Worst feeling ever!
don't get me started on the utility of pockets in women's clothing
:rolleyes1
Before leaving for any trips, I had always changed my phone's lock screen to include a message that if it was found to call N's phone number.
Oh! Smart.
Maybe do both things? Have N's phone and instructions to bring to a CM?
N answered his phone. A man on the other end of the call spoke to him in Spanish,
oh, no...
Then the call dropped.

My phone had died.
Nooooo!!! I can just imagine your panic!
In the scheme of things, a cell phone is just a thing. It can be replaced. But I was already thinking about the photos I'd lost...all my trip report notes..
No, it's not just a thing. I mean, of course it is, but... think of losing your wedding photos. Or your home in a fire. Just things? Yes. But some of those things will be irreplaceable.
how I'd never get to tell you all about all the amazing ways we celebrated our first anniversary... (LOL, if I'd known then that it would take me two years to write this report, maybe I wouldn't have been so concerned!! :lmao:)
:lmao:
...a few minutes later, he returned carrying a clear plastic ziplock with my poor misplaced phone inside!
Yay!!!!
Naturally, Mickey keeps multiple different cell phone chargers
Of course. :)
We returned to the Grand Floridian and decided to rent a couple of searacers.
Ohhhh... I'd love to do this some day. I've wanted to for decades.
I think I had the most fun, as my searacer ended up being much faster than N's!
Yuss! Eat my dust!.. er... water!
I was speeding circles around him, and he was not amused. :rotfl:
mmmm!! Love BOG French onion soup! Only reason (no. really. only reason) to go there.
Giant tadpole? What the heck is that?
Cute.
Long story short, we weren't overly impressed with the new Be Our Guest dinner.
So I've heard from others. The food quality (except the soup!) has declined there, in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter