When is everyone rebooking cancelled trips?

Jennifer Underwood

Earning My Ears
Hi!
Just interested to see when everyone is rebooking cancelled trips? We had already booked for Thanksgiving many months ago and I’m seeing a lot of folks saying they’re rebooking that week. I’m just curious if that’s the majority or if folks have other dates? I know it’s normally busy at Thanksgiving but worried it’s going to be Christmas week busy this year. Thoughts?

We were originally supposed to be there this week. When the closure was announced we rebooked for May 16, which is seeming a bit unlikely now, too, so I also booked a week at the end of August just in case. If they are open in May I may still do both.

We weren’t suppose to be there until the end of June first week of July and I canceled. I haven’t rebooked yet. The way I see it, Disney will still be there when this is over. But IF it clears up by then I will just make a last minute reservation and we will go. If not there is always next year.

We were going April 2 - 9. We rebooked for end of June/early July. Being military, this is the only other time this year that we can go. If it's not open by then, we can go back in a few years. Hoping they are open by then, but who knows!

Hi!
Just interested to see when everyone is rebooking cancelled trips? We had already booked for Thanksgiving many months ago and I’m seeing a lot of folks saying they’re rebooking that week. I’m just curious if that’s the majority or if folks have other dates? I know it’s normally busy at Thanksgiving but worried it’s going to be Christmas week busy this year. Thoughts?

I was planning to book that time frame since it is our usual time to go but now I'm second guessing. Touring plans crowd projections just emailed yesterday and crowd numbers went waaaay up :( I don't want to be there when the parks are so crowded.

So is the general consensus to rebook within the year or hold off for next year?

We haven’t canceled our July 5-10 trip yet, but most likely will, & reschedule for 2021.

We cancelled our trip at the end of April and will plan for next spring. We also have a trip planned for mid July..... I hope we can go but honestly I am starting to feel like we will cancel it as well. ☹️ I just hope that things work out so that we can all have big crowds again, I don’t want life to change.

Airlines have essentially destroyed their May schedules at this point. June is the next hopeful month.

We already had trips planned for November 2020 and January 2021 so we just shifted our cruise to split up the November trip. I’m honestly not sure we will even be able to go on the November trip, to be honest.

DVC here. We cancelled our May 3-8 trip, and then rescheduled for Sept 14-18. Cost us more points as only 1 BR's were available to align with the DHS Moonlight Magic. Our AP year is Oct 13, 2019 - Oct 13, 2020 and we already have a Family GTG booked at BLT in Oct. With our AP/TIW possibly being extended to Dec 10 (assuming a June 1 park reopen) we are also looking at squeezing in another trip the first week of Dec. Unfortunatelly, studios are already pretty well booked up and not enough points for a 1BR. May have to book a moderate.

We were supposed to be there Mar 23-Apr 4. So far we are just waiting this thing out. It was such a hassle to to cancel as the phones at DVC were busy for days once we knew they were closing. I dont want to get my hopes up too soon to be dashed again. So its a waiting game for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter