When is everyone rebooking cancelled trips?

We changed our plans and rebooked to mid-August. We’ve cancelled November and January. I was becoming increasingly concerned about a flare up and another do not travel order (due to work) for my husband and myself (we are currently under one for our jobs).

Even if parks aren’t open, we will do a resort only stay as I know my family just needs a vacation.
We are doing the same... our vacation was the second week of March and we were at Disney as they were shutting down. We did get some park time in but it was cut short. We are planning end of June... staying at a beach house in melborne. If Disney is open we will fit it in if not i want to open my door and see the water. The beach house is $200 a night almost the same price as our disney resort hotel.

We had May 15th trip planned, canceled and rebooked June 4. But, I'm having serious doubts that is going to be an option. If not, plan to book for late August or September.

Our first trip to WDW is scheduled for Aug 12-22. Waiting to see what the reopening looks like (shows, parades, etc) before we reschedule.

We re-booked from May 4 to June 22. If this falls through, I'm thinking we might sit it out for a year or two. I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that along about February or March of 2021 we might just get stir crazy enough to jump in Big Red and come down to the Fort for a week or so. IF anything's open by then lol.

We just canceled our late May/early June trip altogether. Disney is not offering any worthwhile discounts and I am not about to book another $5,000 trip when I don't know what I'm actually going to get. I'm not booking another trip until I know what I'm paying for.

We have a July 7th trip booked. Haven’t cancelled yet because the airline is only waiving cancellation fees until 6/30, so I’m waiting on that. We will more than likely cancel though because I don’t want to pay 5k+ for a severely limited experience.

I am a teacher and stuck to school breaks so we won’t rebook for the rest of the year. We already booked (before this covid-19 blew up) a cruise for April 2021, so we would probably book 2-3 days at the parks before the cruise then probably for my birthday weekend in May since I have off then.

8/29-9/3 for now.
I don’t think it’s optimistic, but just waiting it out for now.
If not, then going to try for second week of November.

We're booked starting Aug 8th, 5 days at Universal, then onto Bay lake for a week. Finger's crossed we can still go! Then the decision comes if it's worth it if so much is closed still-just waiting and seeing. I think it's still too far away to cancel, or reschedule. The person I rented my points from, said they expire at the end of Nov. I'm thinking, worse case we push it out a bit. Just so curious (like everyone else!) what the parks plans are going to be like. Stay well and safe! If there are health care worker's or any other essential employee's reading this, thank you!!!

We were originally supposed to be there this week. When the closure was announced we rebooked for May 16, which is seeming a bit unlikely now, too, so I also booked a week at the end of August just in case. If they are open in May I may still do both.

Well, May is officially out. Still hoping for August 22.

We are booked Nov 28th thru Dec 11th not really sure things will be back to normal by then. I am afraid to buy the 7 plane tickets we need.

Had a truly excellent trip planned for April that got cancelled, rebooked it from August 22nd to September 4th and crossing our fingers.

Also booked more plausible trips for December and February, which is what happens when DVC points are burning a hole in our pocket.

We were booked for April 29 - May 9, but have rescheduled to August 5 for ten nights. We were able to get the recovery free dining offer. I’m not allowing myself to get too excited though, on the understanding that we might have to cancel and reschedule again.

We were looking at the week after thanksgiving but like everyone else concerned about crowds

We cancelled our trip for July. To be honest, we probably won't book another trip until 2022. Covid shutdowns this year. 50th festivities at WDW in 2021 (if the pandemic allows). Things will be a bit chaotic in WDW until the virus is under control.

The parks and resorts are just not going to be enjoyable with all of the safety/medical protocols in place. The economy is going to take a while to bounce back. Really no sense in spending thousands of dollars on a trip if all the amenities and attractions aren't fully operational and available to all guests.

I can appreciate the optimism of some folks when discussing the parks/resorts re-opening. However, the timing needs to be right. Second waves of the virus seem to be popping up overseas. New York is still being ravaged by this monster. Some models have shown that this first wave might not even peak until early to mid June in Florida and Georgia.
California won't even consider opening theme parks until after Thanksgiving. Airlines will be a mess for a while. Rental car companies have been laying people off by the thousands.

What if Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, etc decide to re-open and another big wave of infections starts hitting us again? Go back to square one and start this whole ordeal over again. Not good from a P.R. standpoint. Probably worse for Disney's bottom line.

Also...I'm not really comfortable with Disney compiling and gathering so much personal health data on all of their guests (according to some proposals I've read). Not a big deal for some folks. However, there might be some HIPAA issues with some of these plans. Along with that, there has also been some talk of signing waivers before being allowed to enter the parks/resorts. Red flag. If Disney is trying to protect the company from litigation concerning Covid-19, then I'd be willing to go out on a limb and assume that it's probably too early to open for business.

My family is willing to wait until a Disney vacation is something fun and enjoyable again. Checkpoints, limited capacity, temp checks and social distancing are not an ideal way to spend a week or two in sunny Florida. People are going to have some really strange looking tan lines from their masks.

We just cancelled our really perfect July anniversary trip and plan to rebook for July 2021. I really feel hopeful for a vaccine, better, quicker testing and more precautions and procedures in place at WDW in the future and I will feel way more comfortable I bet by next summer to go.

I do believe when we go back to Disney, it's going to be a new WDW and things will change for sure- cleaning, sanitizing and a better preparedness system. I think in general, everyone is going to be prepared a bit better than we were this spring for, if what they say is true, another round of all of this. At least this is what I'm hoping!

I do agree with the poster above, these places cannot open too soon, it could be disastrous! I do not feel comfortable going anywhere this summer, let alone Disney.

We were supposed to go for Easter/Spring Break. 😔 I rescheduled for mid-June, but recently cancelled it since I really don't see WDW opening by then. So now our next trip is scheduled for the week before Labor Day. If WDW does open before our Labor Day trip, we may consider going before then...

I have had a trip for the first week of August booked since the beginning of the year. At this point I'm afraid we will be re-scheduling because even if Disney is open I don't think it will be a completely magical experience. Also we board our dog at our vet office and right now they aren't offering boarding services. If we can't board our dog we couldn't go anyway. At this point if we re-schedule it will be for fall break in October and will play it by ear. It stinks because I will end up not getting a discount for that week unless Disney decides to offer something due to Corona.

We just booked for mid-Oct. Fingers crossed for hitting a lower crowd time w/ kids *hopefully* back in schools, & parks potentially still working on partial capacity...even if that means limitations on attractions/offerings.

Scheduled May 3rd-9th :(
Rebooked September 27th-October 4th

Had a trip booked With my son end of April, rebooked with free dining to end of July. Then I have a trip in September booked with my daughters. We shall see how it all plays out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter