When is late fall at Disney World?

Santmor

Earning My Ears
Hello North hemisphere friends!

Just heard about the oppening date of Galaxy's Edge in Florida. But being from the south I would like to understand What late fall means.
Would that be likely in December?

Thank you !

Officially fall is Sept 21st(ish) through December 21st(ish) but travel wise I consider fall to be Labor Day through Thanksgiving....so I would think a "late fall" opening would be late Octoberish to before Thanksgiving. As I consider Thanksgiving to usher in the "winter" travel season

Thanksgiving is a Fall Holiday.
The latest of all, seeing how Christmas is a Winter Holiday.
I do not believe they will open it close to Thanksgiving so I expect it to be early November.
But that's just my stab in the dark.

I wouldn't put it past Disney for them to take the literal meaning of late fall, which means 2/3 of December is fair game. I think if it was going to be October, they wouldn't have specified "late" fall. It would have just been fall.

Late Fall = early December.

The first day of Winter is December 21 (as someone said above). It's possible SWL will be open by Thanksgiving, but I would not make a special trip on the basis that it will be open.

As a counterpoint to myself, Disney advertised "Summer 2017" for Pandora. Technically Summer 2017 started on June 21, 2017. But Pandora opened May 27. Then again, they also said "Summer 2018" for Toy Story Land and that is opening June 30, which is spot on...

So the bottom line... who knows?

Last edited:

Late Fall = early December.

The first day of Winter is December 21 (as someone said above). It's possible SWL will be open by Thanksgiving, but I would not make a special trip on the basis that it will be open.

As a counterpoint to myself, Disney advertised "Summer 2017" for Pandora. Technically Summer 2017 started on June 21, 2017. But Pandora opened May 27. Then again, they also said "Summer 2018" for Toy Story Land and that is opening June 30...

So the bottom line... who knows?

Cool, so let's help that they Will continue being ahead of time.

Fall is September 22nd to December 21st so if it says late fall I'd venture to guess late November/early December.
Think back to when new Fantasyland opened... Soft opening was basically Thanksgiving and grand opening was December 6th I believe.

I want to go mid December... I want to see Galaxy's edge. I DONT want to be there the first three weeks or so of it opening either...
Gunna be a tough call for planning it

Yep. This will be our third consecutive year going in early December. I'm pretty sure we'll be skipping it next year. Avoiding enormous crowds is much more important than seeing a new land in its early days.

I was coming on here to ask the exact same question... was planning to arrive on Thanksgiving 2019 and stay 8 days. But only if SWL will be open! Any idea when we might have an actual date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter