When is the best time to book trip for June 2018.

Iluvshoes531

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

We went to Universal for the first time last year after going to Disney four years in a row. Well my 7 year old wants to go back to Universal. He loved the rides there so much more and I have to admit it was really nice not being over scheduled like you have to be to do Disney well. Anyway, we want to stay in one of the hotels that offer express pass ( it was amazing to use!). Looking stay from June 17 thru June 24. Any advice on when to book. Looking to do this the most cost effective way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks
Laura

Of the three resorts that have EP, RPR is usually (not always) the least expensive. The rooms at RPR are smaller. For more $$ you get more square feet at HRH and more at PBR. Your 7yo will also like the kids zone in the RPR pool.

You can book now if you know your dates. Once the summer gets closer, the hotel will most likely fill up for those dates (and that drives prices up). So best to have a rezzie than not.

Also I wanted to add that you can easily change the reservation if you see a better deal. They do have limited rooms with the stay more save more rate. I'm not sure how many days you will be staying but if long enough try to book that when you see it.

I've also read that you should check annual passholder rates as it maybe cheaper to buy one annual pass to get a room discount. But I would book sooner vs. later.

Hi there,

We went to Universal for the first time last year after going to Disney four years in a row. Well my 7 year old wants to go back to Universal. He loved the rides there so much more and I have to admit it was really nice not being over scheduled like you have to be to do Disney well. Anyway, we want to stay in one of the hotels that offer express pass ( it was amazing to use!). Looking stay from June 17 thru June 24. Any advice on when to book. Looking to do this the most cost effective way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks
Laura

We have already booked for May 2018. You want to aim for the Stay More Save More rate...rooms with this rate are limited and sell out first. Royal Pacific with the SMSM rate will be the cheapest, if you can get it. If you have or plan to get an annual pass, you can get a discount on the room, but these are not usually released until about 3 months out. You can book with SMSM rate now and then, closer to your vacation, check to see if there is a better rate with an AP.

Thanks for the advice!! I booked today for June 17 thru 24. I booked the SMSM rate at Royal Pacific. I will keep checking prices as it gets closer. I appreciate the input from everyone!

There's sometimes when rooms are not filling up and prices can drop

Check the trip rates occasionally and if prices have dropped, call and modify your booking to the lower one listed

Some travel agencies book blocks of rooms and it they don't sell them a few weeks out, they release them back to fhe hotel

Prices can be listed lower in order to move them

Once I needed a room just for one night, could not get it from website OR calling Universal. I was able to book it thru Expedia, or one of those travel sites. (Cabana Bay). It was not far in advance, only 2 months out or so, I was late in deciding to book it..

I booked my room reservations at RPR the end of July for my June 2018 trip. I booked the stay more, safe more rate. I'm watching the rates to see if they drop. If they do I'll cancel & rebook. If not at least I received a minor discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter