When paying with a Disney gift card at a shop or restaurant, do they tell you the balance on the card?

Yes it prints on the receipt. They can also look up how much is on it before making a purchase, or if you just want to know.

It will also print the balance on non-disney gift cards too. Just used one that I won at work while at food and wine and the receipt had the balance printed on it.

I put a white sticker on the back of the GC and write the new amount on it.

You can also track balances on the Disney GC website if you enter your cards and manage them there.

It’s also a good idea to keep an extra GC with a small balance on hand just in case you lose one. Just transfer the balance and you’re good as new.

I had to do this once when I foolishly paid for lunch, threw the GC on the tray, buried it beneath a few napkins and then tossed it in the garbage with the rest of the trash. Vacation brain at its best 🙄

The balance is on any receipt. But, my GC can be very large amounts & a few CM's have seen the folly in announcing how much is on my card (which is essentially cash), its not wise to announce loudly how much cash you're carrying. I prefer when they circle the amount or simply state the balance is on the receipt

Yes it prints on the receipt. They can also look up how much is on it before making a purchase, or if you just want to know.
And there's a# on back you can call for balance & you can register them at a website on back of card & can log in to see balance.

Just curious if anybody had problems with tips when using the Disney GC to pay for meals???

Just curious if anybody had problems with tips when using the Disney GC to pay for meals???

None. Just put it on the receipt that the restaurant keeps and deduct it from your receipt so you don't actually spend it before they have time to take it off....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!