When PIXAR Invades The Disneyland Resort! April 7-15, 2018! *COMPLETED 8/6/18*

Day 8: Wine Country Trattoria + Blue Sky Cellar!

Dina, Willis, and I would then enter Disney California Adventure to make our way toward our dining reservation.

Since we had a little bit of time before our lunch reservation, we would make our way into the Blue Sky Cellar. This is where the Disneyland Resort likes to give guests a sneak peak at things coming to the Disneyland Resort. So, at this particular time, it was focused on Pixar Pier (which is now open).

Here are pictures of the Pixar Pier billboards and displays inside Blue Sky Cellar.

This was a really cool display. You were able to control an actual rollercoaster vehicle inside this model.

They also had a Marvel Land display inside Blue Sky Cellar. This is coming in 2020.

We would then meet up with my Dad because we had lunch reservations at Wine Country Trattoria. We were doing the Paint the Night Parade Dining Package. I was excited to eat here, because it had been a long time since I had eaten at this restaurant.

Here is a picture of the menu:

It was a very nice outdoor space that offered nice views of the people walking past the restaurant.

I would get the Italian Insalata salad. This was not my favorite salad, but it was still good. It was definitely green which didn’t offer a lot of flavor. It was nice on a warm California day, but I should have probably gone with the soup.

I would then order the Fettuccine Shrimp Alfredo as my entree. Normally I am someone that doesn’t like shrimp in my pasta, but I found this to be very good. I enjoyed the pasta a lot, and the shrimp didn’t overpower the dish.

I would then order the Chocolate Panna Cotta. This was a very nice dessert and a great way to end a lunch at the Wine Country Trattoria.

Overall, this was a very nice lunch, and the price was very reasonable. The current lunch prices are $38 for adults and $21 for kids (ages 3-9). For a 3-course meal at Disneyland and guaranteed seats for one of the best Disney parades ever, this is a great deal. You can have a great view of the parade for that price or pay $99 for adults and $45 for kids to eat at Carthay Circle. I enjoy Carthay Circle a lot, but not to pay $99 per person to eat there.

Dina, Willis, and I would then make our way out of the restaurant and get ready to explorer more of Disney California Adventure.

More in my next post!

Day 8: A Great Afternoon at the Disneyland Resort!

We would then walk down towards the Pixar Pier construction and realized Disney had done some painting of the tunnels for the Incredicoaster (which is now open).

At this point, my Dad and I would split from Dina and Willis as they would make their way to Disneyland. We would see them again in a little bit. My Dad and I would stay in Disney California Adventure to ride a couple rides.

We would have a fastpass for Soarin: Around the World. Can someone please explain to me why Disney California Adventure doesn’t have the “better” Soarin Over CALIFORNIA film still? I keep asking myself this question when I ride this attraction at this park.

My Dad and I would then make our way to Cars Land where I would come across these Woody and Buzz cars. These were so cute!!!

Welcome to Radiator Springs!

My Dad and I would have a fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers!

At this point, my Dad and I would split for a little bit. He wanted to go back to the Disneyland Hotel, and I had another DISer to meet up with! So, my Dad and I would leave Disney California Adventure!

I would now like to welcome @Lesley Wake to this trip report!!! :)

Lesley and I would make our way into Disneyland and make our way to the Disneyland Railroad!

We would ride the Disneyland Railroad to the Toontown Station where we would then walk toward the Matterhorn to meet with Dina and Willis.

We would watch the Pixar Play Parade from this spot. This was a very disappointing performance of the Pixar Play Parade because the Up section would not be in the parade.

We would then make our way into Tomorrowland. We had hopes of taking the Disneyland Monorail to the Downtown Disney Station, but when we walked up, the monorail was closed.

However, as we were walking by Star Wars Launch Bay/Innoventions building, the Disneyland Band would give a surprise performance form a location I have never seen them perform before! This was really cool!

We would then walk down Main Street U.S.A. and exit Disneyland.

We would then walk to the Disneyland Hotel where we would meet my Dad at Trader Sams!

My Dad and I would split 2 small plates. We would get the long beans which were delicious! We would also get the spring rolls which were also really good.

I do not drink alcohol so I would order the Skipper Sipper which was a nice non-alcoholic beverage. I would also order a virgin strawberry daiquiri.

I really like the atmosphere of the outdoor area of Trader Sams. We were not able to get inside because it was way to crowded.

Here is a picture of me, Lesley (@Lesley Wake), Dina (@dina444444), Willis (@wnwardii), and my Dad at Trader Sams. This community has given me the opportunity to meet so many people that I now get to call friends, and these are 3 people that I am happy I have gotten to know because of Disboards!

After meeting at Trader Sams, my Dad would head back up to the room. Dina, Willis, Lesley, and I would then make our way to the Grand Californian Hotel Lobby. Our intent wasn’t necessarily to stay in here, but we would sit in here for a good hour just talking. This was honestly my favorite part of this trip. This is a great place to just relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

We would eventually enter Disney California Adventure, but we would have to separate from Lesley because Dina, Willis, and I had a parade to see. I would eventually see Lesley again in a little bit.

Dina, Willis, and I would arrive at our reserved viewing area where we would meet up with my Dad. The viewing area was very close to Ghirardelli which made me very tempted to go get a chocolate shake!

So, we would then wait for one of the best Disney parades to reach our location. I was very excited to see the Parade the Night Parade again.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Disneyland Band From A Surprise Location!

Here is a video of the Disneyland Band playing their “Star Wars Medley” on the top of the Star Wars Launch Bay building. I had some issues with my phone so I barely missed the beginning of the song. My apologies for that.

Make sure you watch my video.

Disneyland Band - “Star Wars Medley!”

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from Day 8 of our vacation!

Day 8: Paint the Night Parade - Part 1!

The Paint the Night Parade would eventually begin, but we still had some time to wait before it reached our location. With the Paint the Night Dining Package at Wine Country Trattoria, the viewing area is along the path across from Cars Land and it is located right by the Blue Sky Cellar.

The Paint the Night Parade would finally reach our location! Enjoy many pictures of the show:

Beginning:

Monsters Inc. Float:

Cars Section:

My favorite float in the parade!

Little Mermaid Section:

Toy Story Section:

More in my next post!

Day 8: Paint the Night Parade - Part 2!

Pictures of the Paint the Night Parade (continued):

Princess Section:

Mickey and Friends Section:

The Paint the Night Parade is one of my favorite Disney parades of all time. I am someone that usually leans more towards the “classics.” So, I actually prefer the Main Street Electrical Parade still. Paint the Night really does incorporate technology really well. The soundtrack is very addicting. I do like how they incorporated a “drum float” in the beginning and the “Baroque Hoedown” music from the Main Street Electrical Parade.

A couple things I noticed about the parade that have changed. Due to the wiring along the Hollywood area of Disney California Adventure, Disney had to get rid of the top portion of the Little Mermaid float, as well as, the Frozen Float. Those are the two biggest changes that I noticed to this parade. Eventually, the Incredibles Float would debut int he parade (which is now running), and that would most likely replace the Frozen Float. So, I was a little disappointed at the length of the parade, but I knew it would get longer again in the future.

I would probably prefer to sit somewhere else on the parade route, because with the nighttime parades, I enjoy seeing the hard “dark” moment when they turn the lights off on the parade route. It’s hard to get the full effect at this spot since there aren’t a lot of lights.

Overall, do not miss the Paint the Night Parade on your next Disneyland vacation!!!

More in my next post!

Day 8: My Final Evening at the Disneyland Resort!

After the parade, this is when I would say my farewell to Dina and Willis on this trip. It was really great getting to see both of you again! :)

My Dad would make his way back to the hotel since we had an early morning the next day.

I would stay in the parks as long as I could. I also wanted to see the Paint the Night Parade again. So, I would make my way to the Hollywood Section of the park and grab a bench.

Lesley was over at Disneyland seeing the Together Forever Firework Show, and she would eventually join me at Disney California Adventure to see the 2nd showing of the Paint the Night Parade!

I found a bench across from the Animation building.

The 2nd showing of the Paint the Night Parade would eventually begin! :)

Sadly, the parade would eventually end. :(

I got a little annoyed during this performance. That is because they had “everything” out for the 1st performance. For the 2nd performance, they were missing some of the fairies in the beginning, as well as, some of the puppet floats. With this being the opening weekend of the parade, you would think Disney would have “everything” out for both performances. I still enjoyed the parade though.

I think I enjoyed the parade a lot more from the Hollywood area of Disney California Adventure though!

This is when I would say my farewell to Lesley. It was really great getting to see you as well on this trip! :)

I would then make my way across the Esplanade to Disneyland.

While it looked like everyone was leaving, I had a couple more rides to enjoy!

Here is a picture of the Partner Statue! Thank you Walt Disney!!!

I would then make my way to New Orleans Square, because it was time for the moment that I was dreading on this trip. It was time to ride Pirates of the Caribbean and view the original Auction Scene for the last time.

"WE WANTS THE RED HEAD! WE WANTS THE RED HEAD!”

One of my favorite scenes in the ride is the dog scene:

I would then board the Disneyland Railroad at the New Orleans Square Station. It was really cool to see the new train route in the dark. It definitely has a different feel to it.

I would get off at the Tomorrowland Station and walk to the Hub. I would get one last picture of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle before making my way out of Disneyland.

I would then make my way back to the Disneyland Hotel where I would get some rest, because my Dad and I had an early flight the next morning!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Paint the Night Parade!

Here is a video of the Paint the Night Parade that I took during the 2nd performance of the night. This video highlights all of the floats in the parade.

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

Paint the Night Parade!

I hope that you enjoyed the film!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: My Farewell to the Red Head!

Here is a video of my last time ever seeing the Red Head in the original auction scene on the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. "WE WANTS THE RED HEAD! WE WANTS THE RED HEAD!” I will miss this scene so much.

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

Farewell Disneyland Red Head!

I hope that you enjoyed the video.

Stay
tuned for more updates from our vacation!

Day 9: Traveling Home to the Midwest!

My Dad and I had an early morning flight from Los Angeles International Airport this morning. Normally, we don’t like to travel this early at the end of our vacation, but we had a MLS soccer game to get to in our hometown.

So, my Dad and I would leave the Disneyland Hotel at about 4 a.m. in order to make our flight at LAX.

We would drop off our rental car at Enterprise and get a bus to the Southwest terminal.

Check-in and security didn’t take that long even for it being LAX.

It wasn’t long before we would board our Southwest flight.

We would then have a smooth 3-hour flight back home. When we arrived home, we would be greeted by freezing temperatures. This was definitely not expected, but it was definitely strange going from 80 degrees to freezing temperatures.

Not to mention, we still had a soccer game to go to that day. I would still go, because I’m an avid fan, but my Dad decided not to go to the game along with a lot people. Anyways, it was great to be home even if I got to freeze at a soccer game.

This will now end my updates from our trip to Southern California. I’m not quite done with updates yet, because I still have some overviews of the hotels we stayed in.

More in my next post!

Embassy Suites Los Angeles International Airport Overview!

The Embassy Suites Los Angeles International Airport was a very interesting hotel. It was the first hotel we stayed at on this vacation. I also find it to be on the “older” side of Embassy Suites hotels.

The check-in process was very easy at this hotel.

We would walk-in to our room and it was setup pretty basic to most Embassy Suites hotels.

There was a living room space with a couch that had a sofa bed, a couple chairs, and two end tables with lamps.

The living room also had a desk that was very strange. It was placed right next to the T.V. There was also a sink, fridge, and a microwave.

Our bedroom had two queen beds with an end table separating the two beds.

There was also a T.V, a dresser, and a closet in the bedroom.

More dresser space and a sink in the bedroom.

Our view from the room which had an obstructed view of Los Angeles International Airport.

The bathroom was your standard bathroom with a toilet, sink, and a shower/bath.

That was a look inside our room.

This hotel is definitely very “old style” looking.

The hotel had a nice lounge/restaurant.

At one end of the hotel was the breakfast area where you get free breakfast every morning.

This hotel was good for what my Dad and I were wanting to use it for. We had to use this hotel to go into Downtown Los Angeles for a few days of our trip.

The only negative I see from this hotel is that it was very loud. By loud I mean that the walls were not sound proof. So, if you weren’t asleep when a 747 decided to land at LAX in the middle of the night, good luck falling asleep. We couldn’t hear any guests that neighbored us, but I thought with a hotel being right next to the airport that we would have at least some sound proof walls from hearing the airplanes.

If you are looking for a nice hotel to spend the night before your flight home, this is a nice option even with the airplane noise issues.

More in my next post!

Embassy Suites Anaheim South Overview!

The Embassy Suites Anaheim South was a great hotel to stay at. This was our second hotel that we stayed at on this vacation. This is usually our go-to hotel when we come to California and stay off Disneyland property.

The hotel offers 1-bedroom suites with a sofa-bed in the living room, as well as, a king bed or double beds in the bedroom. The hotel has a pool that I did not use on this trip. There is a complimentary breakfast each morning which is really good. There is also a managers special each afternoon where you can get complimentary drinks, soda, and appetizers.

The hotel is a good neighbor hotel, and has a Disneyland desk in the lobby.

The hotel also offers transportation to the Disneyland Resort for $6 per person (price can change). If you have a big family, make sure this is worth it for you incase you have a rental car. The parking for the Toy Story lot might be cheaper for you than having your family take the bus. The Toy Story lot is literally a block away from the hotel.

Here are some pictures of the lobby area:

We would end up getting a double bed suite.

Here is my review of our room:

The room I had would have a couch, a chair, several lamps, and a coffee table in the living room.

There is also a table. I would say this is both a dining table and an office table. There are 4 chairs around the table.

There is also a T.V. in the living room.

There was a nice counter in the room that had a sink, as well as, a refrigerator.

The bedroom had 2 double beds and an end table with a lamp that separates the two beds.

The bedroom had a closet type piece of furniture, a T.V, a dresser with nice sized drawers, and a mirror.

The bathroom was a good sized bathroom. It had a bath and a shower.

If you are ever looking at an offsite stay for your Disneyland vacation, I recommend the Embassy Suites Anaheim South!

Stay tuned for my Disneyland Hotel Overview coming soon!

Disneyland Hotel Overview - Part 1!

The hotel I was looking forward to staying at the most on this trip was the Disneyland Hotel. That is because I have never stayed here, and it also has so much history!

We had an easy drive to the hotel from our other hotel in Anaheim. When we arrived, the security guard checked to make sure we had a reservation there.

When we pulled up, we had to drop our rental car keys off at a specific location. There wasn’t very many people there, but I assume that is because they might need to move our car.

I love these Mickey and Minnie statues as you walk towards the lobby.

Seeing a picture of this map will never get old!

The lobby had a few Disney touches with a few of the couches being designed like the tea cup attraction.

The check-in process was very easy.

Shockingly, at 9 a.m, our room was ready.

We would be in the Frontier Tower on this trip which is the tower I actually wanted to be in.

The main area of this tower was very spacious with plenty of places to sit.

In the Frontier Tower, there is a model of my favorite Disneyland attraction. That is Big Thunder Railroad!

Here is what the hallways of the hotel look like.

There is a geyser outside of the Frontier Tower.

Here is the Adventure Tower.

Here are pictures of the monorail pool and the Disneyland “ticket” pools. I call it the Disneyland ticket pools, because they have tiles of what attractions were E, D, etc.

Even though I didn’t try the quick service location, Trader Sams was VERY good! Definitely a great place to stop in the evening to take a break from the parks.

More in my next post!

Disneyland Hotel Overview - Part 2!

Our room would be located on the top floor of the Frontier Tower. I was very surprised by this, because we booked a standard room. I wasn’t necessarily planning on having a great view as well.

My Dad and would arrive at our room, and I was very excited to check it out.

Here is what you can find inside the room:

There is a nice dresser space with a T.V, a chair, and a nice desk area.

I absolutely love this picture of Walt Disney inside Disneyland!

We had 2 double beds in our room.

Both pillows on each bed said something different.

An end table separated the beds.

Then it was time to see the famous bedrest for the first time! For those that don’t know, there is a switch on the lamp on the end table that actually lights up the bed rest and plays “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.” It is probably one of the coolest things you can experience inside a Disney guest room anywhere in the world.

The bathroom was very nice. It had a standard sink with Mickey head handles to turn on the water.

There was a nice sized closet that had a safe.

This lamp in the bathroom was so cool with Mickey’s hands holding it!

A standard bathroom with a toilet, shower, and a bath.

The handle to turn the water on in the shower/bath was also shaped with a Mickey head!

Our room also had a
refrigerator.

Another thing that I noticed was that the “Room Occupied” signs have also come to the Disneyland Resort.

Here is a magical moment that my Dad and I had. Supposedly, we were given a room on the top floor of the Frontier Tower which happens to be the only tower at the Disneyland Hotel that has balconies. Also, the balconies tend to be only on the top floor! The reason for that is we were given a room that is able to be used as a one bedroom guest room when all of the suites aren’t in use. So, my Dad and I had a balcony!

We had a great view of the parking lot.

We could actually see a little bit inside Disney California Adventure!

There was an ice machine and drink machine on our floor.

The Disneyland Hotel was absolutely worth it to stay at on this vacation!

My overall thoughts about the resort. Everywhere you look, you feel like you are at a Disney Resort. There are so many touches around the property that just bring Disney to life. It was the hotel that I was looking forward to the most on this trip, and it definitely didn’t disappoint. It was amazing that my Dad and I got lucky to have a room with a balcony on it. Seeing the bedrest and hearing the song for the first time was awesome. The staff was very friendly. Overall, a very great experience, and i would love to stay at this hotel again sometime!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Disneyland Hotel Bedrest Light-up!

Here are videos of the bedrest that lights up in every Disneyland Hotel room with the song “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.” I have two videos. One of the videos was filmed during the day and the other was filmed at night. This was one of the many reasons why I absolutely loved the Disneyland Hotel!

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Bedrest - Disneyland Hotel - Daytime!

Here is the video of the bedrest during the day.

Bedrest - Disneyland Hotel - Nighttime!

Here is the video of the bedrest at night.

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Stay tuned for my Conclusion which will be posted soon!

Back in 2017, when I went to the Southwest DIS meet, I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I really loved it! Looking at your pictures, I really regret not spending a lot more time looking at the resort and walking around. But I was more focused on the parks since it was the first time in over 20 years since I had been there.

I did eat at the quick service location a couple of times. I thought it was pretty good. I didn't try Trader Sams until the same trip as your trip report. But I do agree that Trader Sam's is lots of fund, especially with good friends!

The Mickey and Minnie statues out in front are really cool. I snapped some pictures of them as well.

The hotel also offers transportation to the Disneyland Resort for $6 per person (price can change). If you have a big family, make sure this is worth it for you incase you have a rental car. The parking for the Toy Story lot might be cheaper for you than having your family take the bus. The Toy Story lot is literally a block away from the hotel.
People can also just walk to the Toy Story Lot shuttle and take that to the park if they don't want to make the walk up Harbor Blvd!

My family was considering doing a Disney Staycation one weekend this summer, but schedules never worked out to allow it. We probably would have stayed at DLH.

Back in 2017, when I went to the Southwest DIS meet, I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I really loved it! Looking at your pictures, I really regret not spending a lot more time looking at the resort and walking around. But I was more focused on the parks since it was the first time in over 20 years since I had been there.

I did eat at the quick service location a couple of times. I thought it was pretty good. I didn't try Trader Sams until the same trip as your trip report. But I do agree that Trader Sam's is lots of fund, especially with good friends!

The Mickey and Minnie statues out in front are really cool. I snapped some pictures of them as well.

I wish i would have tried the QS location, but Trader Sams was higher priority for me. That evening was so much fun, and probably an evening I won't forget for a long time.

People can also just walk to the Toy Story Lot shuttle and take that to the park if they don't want to make the walk up Harbor Blvd!

My family was considering doing a Disney Staycation one weekend this summer, but schedules never worked out to allow it. We probably would have stayed at DLH.

That is true as well. Something to think about. I wouldn't recommend walking up Harbor Blvd. from the Embassy Suites though. Either take the shuttle from the hotel or walk to the Toy Story lot.

My family did a staycation once when we lived in California still. We ended up staying at the Grand Californian though. I remember one day going swimming at the pool there, and decided to walk into DCA from the pool and ride the rapids. That is one thing I remember from this day. Definitely the best way to get wet and a better "slide." :D

The Disneyland hotel looks awesome! I would love to stay there some day.

It was an amazing hotel. I remember hearing many reviews from the DIS team about it, and I really wanted to give it a try. There are so many more aspects to this resort that I didn't take pictures of, and I wish I did. I look forward to spending more time at this resort in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter