When PIXAR Invades The Disneyland Resort! April 7-15, 2018! *COMPLETED 8/6/18*

I wish i would have tried the QS location, but Trader Sams was higher priority for me. That evening was so much fun, and probably an evening I won't forget for a long time.

That is true as well. Something to think about. I wouldn't recommend walking up Harbor Blvd. from the Embassy Suites though. Either take the shuttle from the hotel or walk to the Toy Story lot.

My family did a staycation once when we lived in California still. We ended up staying at the Grand Californian though. I remember one day going swimming at the pool there, and decided to walk into DCA from the pool and ride the rapids. That is one thing I remember from this day. Definitely the best way to get wet and a better "slide." :D

It was an amazing hotel. I remember hearing many reviews from the DIS team about it, and I really wanted to give it a try. There are so many more aspects to this resort that I didn't take pictures of, and I wish I did. I look forward to spending more time at this resort in the future.
The QS location and Trader Sam's have almost an identical menu.

The QS location and Trader Sam's have almost an identical menu.
I did realize that, but there were more "small plate" options at Trader Sams. I think when we were there, I thought about ordering from the main QS menu, but eventually wanted to just try some of the smaller plates.

Conclusion!

Hello everyone and welcome to the conclusion to this trip report! I have had a great time telling all of you about our trip to California earlier this year.

Now, it is time to look back over an entire trip and list my highlights from this vacation! :)

Highlights:

The first highlight from this trip had to be seeing many things that I have grown to miss since moving to the Mid-West. One of those things is the beach. I wasn’t much of a beach person when I lived in California, but I have seemed to have gone to the beach every time I have been out to California since moving away.

Another aspect of California that I have missed has been attending sporting events for two of my favorite California teams. It was great to attend a Stanley Cup Playoff Game for the Anaheim Ducks (my favorite sports team) and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (my favorite baseball team).

Another highlight from this trip was seeing my local MLS Soccer Team beat the LA Galaxy in Los Angeles!!! Getting a road victory is very difficult in soccer. So, it was a nice surprise and an awesome night!

Of course, the main highlight of this trip was DISNEYLAND! :)

Even though I was uncertain how I would feel about Pixar Fest, it was great to be at the Disneyland Resort when a new special event started.

One of my highlights of this Disneyland trip was getting to experience one of the last days of the 2018 Food & Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure.

Another highlight was getting to see the first public performance of the Pixar Play Parade inside Disneyland. I might not like this parade being inside Disneyland, but it’s always great to see the first performance.

Seeing the new Together Forever Fireworks Show on Opening Night from Main Street was another highlight!

The new Fantasmic will always be a highlight for any Disneyland vacation I ever take.

Getting to ride the horse trolley with the Dapper Dans was amazing!!! :)

Getting to eat and hang out with my friends from the DIS (Willis, Lesley, and Dina) was definitely a highlight of this trip. One of the best evenings I have ever spent at Disneyland was spent hanging out with these friends at Trader Sams and the Grand Californian Hotel lobby.

The final highlight from this trip was getting to see one of my favorite Disney parades once again. That is the Paint the Night Parade!

The best hotel of this trip was definitely the Disneyland Hotel!!!

This will now conclude this trip report. I would like to thank every single one of you for following along on our adventure to Southern California. I had a great time telling all of you about my favorite Disney Resort Area. So, thank you for being dedicated readers! :)

If you have any questions about Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, or Aulani, feel free to message me at any time.

So, in the words of Mickey Mouse…
”See Ya’ Real Soon!"

We would get seated, and here is a look at the menu.

Mmmmm, I'll take the Chicken and Waffles please.

We would then make our way to ride the Autopia since the ride is next to the Tomorrowland Monorail Station.

Missed this one since my family wasn't really interested plus there we just ran out of time.

I would get the ride that “hurts” out of the way early.

:rotfl: That's definitely a great way to describe the Matterhorn.

Roger Rabbit

Mom and I didn't really get this one mainly because she has never seen the movie and I don't think I've seen it since it first came out.

To my surprise, the Dapper Dans would serenade us all the way down to Town Square!

Very cool! pixiedust:

Star Wars Virtual Reality Experience

This intrigues me because I'm a Star Wars fan but I'm a little scared to try it because virtual reality games really set off my motion sickness.

Can someone please explain to me why Disney California Adventure doesn’t have the “better” Soarin Over CALIFORNIA film still?

I still miss the California one at WDW. While the new one is nice, it's just a bit too "fake" for me. Soarin' has gone from a must do for me to a if I have time.

Disneyland Railroad

Sigh, I sound like a broken record but this was another thing we missed because it was closed while we were there.

The Paint the Night Parade

Yep, broken record. MSEP was running while we were there instead of this one.

One of my favorite scenes in the ride is the dog scene:

Mine too! A few years ago they had a plush of the dog and I didn't buy it. Still regret that one.

Thanks for the TR and the review of all the hotels. We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn. We loved it since it was right across the street from the park. I'm not sure I would ever stay at the Disneyland Hotel because I'm just too cheap. :lmao: Even Paradise Pier was double the cost of the Best Western.

Mmmmm, I'll take the Chicken and Waffles please.

Missed this one since my family wasn't really interested plus there we just ran out of time.

:rotfl: That's definitely a great way to describe the Matterhorn.

Mom and I didn't really get this one mainly because she has never seen the movie and I don't think I've seen it since it first came out.

Very cool! pixiedust:

This intrigues me because I'm a Star Wars fan but I'm a little scared to try it because virtual reality games really set off my motion sickness.

I still miss the California one at WDW. While the new one is nice, it's just a bit too "fake" for me. Soarin' has gone from a must do for me to a if I have time.

Sigh, I sound like a broken record but this was another thing we missed because it was closed while we were there.

Yep, broken record. MSEP was running while we were there instead of this one.

Mine too! A few years ago they had a plush of the dog and I didn't buy it. Still regret that one.

Thanks for the TR and the review of all the hotels. We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn. We loved it since it was right across the street from the park. I'm not sure I would ever stay at the Disneyland Hotel because I'm just too cheap. :lmao: Even Paradise Pier was double the cost of the Best Western.
- Unfortunately I didn't try those. Sounds delicious though!

- I find the Autopia to be a lot better than the Tomorrowland Speedway at WDW. It's definitely worth a try if you ever end up back at Disneyland.

- :D :D :D

- I don't remember ever seeing the movie, but I do enjoy the Roger Rabbit attraction. I wouldn't wait in a long line though. So, that's good that attraction has fastpass.

- Hearing the Dapper Dans on the Horse Trolley was awesome! :)

- The SW VR experience is a lot of fun. It definitely messes with me since I need to wear glasses, but I do enjoy it. It's just becoming expensive for how long it actually takes you to get through it.

- I totally agree with you on Soarin!

- I'm sorry you missed the Railroad, but I hope you got to experience getting up close with the steam engines.

- The MSEP is my favorite! :)

- I did buy the statue or figurine of that POTC scene that Disney has been selling in their shops. I love that piece of art so much.

Thank you very much for reading along on this trip report! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter