When renting how early to book?

ericbansemer

Earning My Ears
Hey, hope this is the right forum. We are starting to plan our October 2020 trip and have always stayed on the hotel side before. We haven’t decided if we are going to stay hotel again or try renting DVC point but I was wondering just how early I would need to rent points since full payment is due upfront.

If we were to want a 2 bedroom at either Beach Club, Boardwalk, Copper Creek, or Contemporary would February which is at 8 months to late?

8 months is too late for Boardwalk or BCV, and likely Copper Creek. BLT, budget for Lake View. You won't get Standard.

One of the prices of the rental "discount" is you have to commit early, in fall especially.

Start looking at the rent trade board 11 mos. from your check in date. Many owners ( myself included) post their points for rent right at the 11 mos. mark.

The earlier the better. Depending on the rental contract you will have the the DVC owner, you most likely don't have to put the entire payment down when you book. That is something that can be negotiated if you are working with an individual owner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!