When should I make our first-night Boma ADR?

Westwingkath

Hall Monitor Extraordinaire
We are four (me, DH, DD8, DS5) staying at AKL. Our flight arrives at 3:45 in the afternoon (in November). After we pick up our rental car (in the airport, not offsite) how much time will we need to get to AKL?

We'll need to check in and want to settle in a little bit, maybe look around before dinner -- so what time should I shoot for, for our dinner at Boma?

Does 7 pm sound okay? :confused3

Westwingkath said:
We are four (me, DH, DD8, DS5) staying at AKL. Our flight arrives at 3:45 in the afternoon (in November). After we pick up our rental car (in the airport, not offsite) how much time will we need to get to AKL?

We'll need to check in and want to settle in a little bit, mazybe look around before dinner -- so what time should I shoot for, for our dinner at Boma?

Does 7 pm sound okay? :confused3

I'd probably go for 7:30 or so, although 7 is probably okay. I just get nervous about those things. I think a little later would probably be a a safer bet.

Our first ADR is 4.5 hours after our plane is supposed to land, and we're taking a town car.

We're due into MCO at 2:50 and have a towncar service taking us to AKL. It's not our first stay there, so we figured we'd just check-in, settle into our room, walk around the savannah viewing areas and then have dinner. We have 7:00pm ADRs at Boma.

Have a fun and magical trip!

:wizard:

I would probably go for 7:30. Land at 3:45. Get out of plane at 4:00, potty stop, go to baggage claim, wait in rental car line, get to car and luggage loaded, wait in line to leave garage with rental car--so it could be close to 5:00. 30 to 45 minute drive to AKL-could be rush hour traffic-approaching 6PM. Wait in line to check in, actually check in, unload luggage from car, find room, check out room...all that could easily take an hour and you're supposed to checkin a few minutes early for ADR. I just hate feeling stressed about being late. I would feel better about a 7:30 seating.

I had dinner there for the first time in May and really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter