When to book for December

It's been a while since I've booked an actual room at Disney World. For the past few trips I have rented points. This trip I am booking just a regular room so we have the option to cancel if needed. But looking at the website 200+a night for moderate staying the end of November or the first week of December checking in on Sunday checking out a Friday seems kind of high to me. do I book now or do I have a better chance of getting a better rate if I wait Or is that the normal price thank you guys

That is the normal price. You're seeing rack rate.

Discounts for December would come out later this year.

I book early and then cancel when the better rates come out. I currently have a reservation for Dec/Jan 2017/18 at The Contemporary. Full price - theme park view. Ouch. Better safe than having to stay at the All Stars.

I book early and then cancel when the better rates come out. I currently have a reservation for Dec/Jan 2017/18 at The Contemporary. Full price - theme park view. Ouch. Better safe than having to stay at the All Stars.

This only makes sense if you will use that room if there is no discount. The more rooms pre booked equals fewer discounted rooms.

I do use it if I can't get a discount. We want Contemporary theme park view on or really close to Christmas. It is not a smart discount to wait for. I got one this past year, but not every year.

Thank you it's all starting to come back to me now. Rack rates and waiting for discounts to come out lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter