When to go??? May or October?

What month would you travel to WDW for a vacation?

• Early May

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Early October

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Nbyromd

Disney Mama
Hi all,

My family is from Vancouver and we are planning a big 2- week Disney World trip for next year! We are regular Disneyland visitors with our kids and I have been to WDW about 6x, but always in Feb or July and 8+ years ago before children. We are DVC members and will need to book right at the 7 month mark to get our non-home resort. Soo...wanting to know some of your expert opinions. I have listened to the Dis podcast show about times of year to travel to WDW and have narrowed it down to 2 separate blocks: the 1st 2 weeks of May or the 1st 2 weeks of October. My husband really wants to do the water parks and my children are small (girls 5 & 7) so I would like to keep the crowd levels lower. I have been soaking up everything that I can and obsessing over Touring Plans.

So, now I come to all of you - if you could pick May or October for a family vacation what would it be? (Thinking mainly of weather and crowds). We are also going to do a 3-night Disney Dream cruise while we are down there.. just to keep in mind.

Thanks in advance for all the help! Got to looooove these boards!!

October has the Food and Wine festival, so it gets my vote -not sure if that interests you though.

I don't think either time is bad, We commonly go the end of April and have had great cruise experiences and the WPs have been great, the beg of May is very close to that so that is why I'm voting for the beg of May.

I've been to WDW at both those times, and if you're mostly concerned about weather and crowds, early May would be my vote. October will be more humid and feel a little more crowded in my opinion. If you care about the Food & Wine Festival or MNSSHP, then October is the obvious choice. But early May will also have the Flower & Garden Festival, which is great and less crowded than F&W.

Sounds good - I think we will go for May then! You have helped a lot! A was worried about humidity, but am not overly familiar with Florida weather patterns. May sounds like a better month! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter