When was Fantasmic last updated?

The here will be video clips from newer Disney movies, and I imagine the video technology has been updated.

But I don’t thing the changes would be as big as the recent DL update.

Many love to watch F! every trip, I like it every couple of years, so I would say it’s worthwhile ... unless it conflicts with the Star Wars fireworks, because that’s a good show, too.

A few small tweaks to some of the characters on the ferry as well. For instance, Moana started appearing a few months back. Not a huge impact, but a change none the less.

While the changes are minor, I think if you haven't seen it in 15 years, it is worth seeing again. We think it's a great show, and try to see it at least every other trip(we go about every 2 years) unless it conflicts with something new you want to see, like SW show as PP mentioned.

Same show as your last trip except for a few added film clips.

Robo are the dragon and boat functioning regularly? We haven't seen the show in years, but I recall some technical issues being discussed here on the boards--but it's been a while. I recall an incident with a CM on the boat a few years ago.

Fantasmic will always hold a special place for my family. It was our arrival day, and the first night time show that we saw on our very first visit in 2010. Our girls were 8 and 6 at the time, and our son was 3. Fantasmic was the first glimpse that we had of how special WDW was. The moat on fire, the steamboat with all the characters... it was magical. So even if it doesn't change, it will always hold a special place for us.

However, I would like to see a new rendition. We love it, and the location and theater are awesome. Spice it up, properly, like they did for Wishes at MK. We LOVE Wishes but can't wait to see HEA sometime (hopefully) soon.

Dan

Why mess with what works? In June we take our 5th trip and it will be our 6th time to see Fastasmic,

I see both sides. For first timers, it will always be a new surprise. For those repeat guests, it can be very nice to have a new addition or change to keep it fresh.

On that note, anyone ever seen a statistic of what percentage visitors, on average, are first timers on a given day at WDW? Always wondered about that.

Dan

anyone ever seen a statistic of what percentage visitors, on average, are first timers on a given day at WDW? Always wondered about that.

At WDW, by far the larger number of guests are first-time/only-timers.
At DLR, there is a huge percentage of "hometown park" local visitors.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but when I saw the show in October, I thought that they had somehow upgraded the dragon. I found it more impressive than on previous viewings. Am I out to lunch on this?

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but when I saw the show in October, I thought that they had somehow upgraded the dragon. I found it more impressive than on previous viewings. Am I out to lunch on this?

I do believe that like the Yeti (who is always in B mode) there is a less impressive B mode for the dragon. Weather, technical difficulties etc may cause it to be much less impressive. So you have have had the misfortune of seeing the B mode several times and only just recently saw the A mode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter