When was the last time someone really upset you

Maybe, maybe not. I have a friend whose normal voice comes across as loud and rather angry. You weren't present to say he was "out of control"
Of course I wasn't there. I am going on what the OP said. If it is true (which I am assuming it is), the officer was lacking control. Or perhaps he was totally in control and enjoys treating citizens in that manner.

Wow, some of these are heartbreaking especially you, ((( Izzybelle)))

I think I am menopausal, not sure but everything lately..ugh. Last week I went to TJ Maxx. I was in a great mood until the cashier asked me if I wanted to use my 55+ and up discount (I am 50).

Sorry this happened to you but can I ask a question?
I LOVE TJ Maxx and shop there all the time. Is there really a 55+ discount? I am 52 but would have just said yes and got the discount LOL. Do you need to show ID? I'll let my mom know too.

Thank you!

Yesterday.

The doctor that I work with went in to see her 3:30 pm patient at 6:10 pm. I'd been in the office since 7:00 am and was so over it by then!

Christmas time, my brother and his family ghosted me 2 years ago, although it took me a few months to figure out that he had done so. We live across the country from each other.

This year at Christmas my parents were coming down (snowbirds)for a few months and we were very excited to see them as it had been 9 months - apparently my brother planned a week vacation down here for that time period as well and my parents canceled their first night down here plans with us so that they could show my brother the place the stay while they are here - since he was only here for a week, of course they had to accomodate his schedule. My brother lives near my parents and they see each other all the time.

It hurt that my brother didn't contact us in any way during his vacation, but hurt even more that my parents ditched us to see them.

Christmas time, my brother and his family ghosted me 2 years ago, although it took me a few months to figure out that he had done so. We live across the country from each other.

This year at Christmas my parents were coming down (snowbirds)for a few months and we were very excited to see them as it had been 9 months - apparently my brother planned a week vacation down here for that time period as well and my parents canceled their first night down here plans with us so that they could show my brother the place the stay while they are here - since he was only here for a week, of course they had to accomodate his schedule. My brother lives near my parents and they see each other all the time.

It hurt that my brother didn't contact us in any way during his vacation, but hurt even more that my parents ditched us to see them.
Being nosey, what could you have possibly done that your brother erased you from his life? Why didn't he reach out to discuss?

A few weeks ago my best friend of about 50 years said something in an e-mail, saying she hoped I had “come to my senses” over something political. I can’t go into details here, but I expressed my views to her again and said we maybe should go back to not discussing religion or politics with each other as we have completely opposite views on rhem...

Sounds like you made the right call! (Sorry she was so rude.)

Being nosey, what could you have possibly done that your brother erased you from his life? Why didn't he reach out to discuss?

hopefully this isn't too political - but our middle brother's daughter came out as lesbian when she turned 18. Her dad kicked her out of the house (this was in Sept of her senior year of high school) and when I found out in October I reached out to her and told her I loved her and would always support her. When her dad (my middle brother) found out that I talked to her he did reach out to tell me what a horrible person I was and then he stopped any communication with me in any way. Then he apparently told my other brother. The other brother never reached out to tell me I was bad or that he was upset with me, he just stopped talking to me in any way (and had his family do the same).

hopefully this isn't too political - but our middle brother's daughter came out as lesbian when she turned 18. Her dad kicked her out of the house (this was in Sept of her senior year of high school) and when I found out in October I reached out to her and told her I loved her and would always support her. When her dad (my middle brother) found out that I talked to her he did reach out to tell me what a horrible person I was and then he stopped any communication with me in any way. Then he apparently told my other brother. The other brother never reached out to tell me I was bad or that he was upset with me, he just stopped talking to me in any way (and had his family do the same).
Consider yourself lucky. What awful human beings!

Your niece is so fortunate to have you in her life.

I think I am menopausal, not sure but everything lately..ugh. Last week I went to TJ Maxx. I was in a great mood until the cashier asked me if I wanted to use my 55+ and up discount (I am 50).
I was asked this at Wendy's in Downtown Crossing (Boston) once. I was 35.

Consider yourself lucky. What awful human beings!

Your niece is so fortunate to have you in her life.

Thank you - I have certainly been blessed to get to know my niece better and am very lucky to have a great relationship with her. It's been about 3 years, and while I'd like to say "I'm over it" the snub at Christmas this year did sting quite a bit.

My mother upset me last week when she said she is refusing to get her teeth fixed until my dad gets some repairs done to their house. Her excuse is that he will refuse the repairs because of the expense of her teeth being so high. And she is right that he will refuse, but I’m on his side for once. They are on a fixed income, all the repairs plus her teeth would put a huge dent in their 401K.

It seems like I’m in the minority with how I handled it, but I let her know she upset me. I told her she has to take care of herself for once. She is getting malnutritioned because she can barely chew anything. She’s skin and bones and at her age, lack of proper nutrition could kill her.

My 72 year old aunt, who I consider as my only living relative, who doesn't speak English so relies on me for EVERYTHING. I borrowed money from her a few years back right after my divorce, I've offered to pay her back many times but she always told me that she doesn't need the money (she doesn't) and she considered it a gift/ inheritance. I fell and broke my ankle last year and couldn't take her to her doctor's appointments so she was behind in her annual check up and other appointments. Last month, a girlfriend called and told me that my aunt has been telling people that I neglect her health and owe her money. I'm more sad than angry because I really want my kids to have a 'grand' figure, but I'm done with this relationship. I will still take care of her as I gave her my promise years ago, but it will be a duty and not from my heart

My 72 year old aunt, who I consider as my only living relative, who doesn't speak English so relies on me for EVERYTHING. I borrowed money from her a few years back right after my divorce, I've offered to pay her back many times but she always told me that she doesn't need the money (she doesn't) and she considered it a gift/ inheritance. I fell and broke my ankle last year and couldn't take her to her doctor's appointments so she was behind in her annual check up and other appointments. Last month, a girlfriend called and told me that my aunt has been telling people that I neglect her health and owe her money. I'm more sad than angry because I really want my kids to have a 'grand' figure, but I'm done with this relationship. I will still take care of her as I gave her my promise years ago, but it will be a duty and not from my heart

May I ask if you told her that people are telling you what and she said and she needs to stop.
I get promises, I really do, but she may get butt hurt again and tell someone who may think you are being abusive and call adult services on you.

Sunday. My dd has made a decision that has upset me. I won't go into details but it does break my heart. But she is an adult and gets to make her own decisions. She is a great young woman and will grow and change and morph for many years to come. I just need to make myself understand that :) She is the baby so it's been a bit harder with her :) All I can do it make sure she knows I love her and will be there for her no matter what. Wow, this all sounds like a huge major life thing. Well, for us it is but for most probably not.
:hug: Been there - several times, and know I'll likely be there again. It helps me to remember where I was in life and what my attitudes and actions were when I was my DS's age. I've come so, so far and I'm trusting he will too. It doesn't make the waiting any easier (especially when you just know the consequences of some of these decisions) but it does offer a measure of grace and peace. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter